014.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“I think no other patient will come. You can call the day off if you want.” The old doctor uttered as she served her his coffee.

Ji Eun smiled, “I’ll stay here until the right time, doctor.” She said to him. “I don’t want to leave you alone either. I’m afraid patient will suddenly come when I’m away. You won’t have any help then.” She reasoned out and took out the unnecessary papers on the doctor’s table. It’s been more than 2 years since she started doing this job so she already knew it very well.

“Are you sure? You can ask you boyfriend to pick you up and you, two, can spend the rest of the day together. It’s already afternoon. You can eat dinner together in a while.” He smiled at Ji Eun.

She shook her head while blushing, “He’s a busy person. He won’t go out with me just suddenly.” She reasoned out but there was a light feeling in her heart. It seems like she doesn’t mind the fact that the time she spends with Dongshin is very limited, or maybe the guy really limits it with her.

“If that’s what you want, then stay for the rest of your time.” The doctor knew he couldn’t argue anymore once Ji Eun decided on something, and the fact that he knew Ji Eun is very caring, he thinks that he cannot just ask Ji Eun to go when she knows he will be left all alone.

Ji Eun went out of his office and decided to clean the waiting area. She arranged the chair, put the magazines in order, put the toys back to the rack, and sweep the floor.

She’s a nurse. Her job is to assist the patients before the doctor attends to them, get the necessary information to them, and assist the doctor if he is to perform something that he cannot do alone. Cleaning the whole clinic is not in her job description, but she’s okay with it.

Ji Eun believes in her own principle: If you can, then just do it. And the doctor is also kind enough, he gives her extra pay for that despite Ji Eun’s random protest about the unnecessary increase.

She was so surprised and felt so excited when Dongshin suddenly entered the door.

“Dongshin-ah!” Ji Eun shouted with a bright expression. “Are you here to pick me up?” She ran happily to Dongshin.

She didn’t notice his very dark expression. As soon as she got close to him, Dongshin suddenly grabbed her arms forcefully with a tight grip.

“Dongshin-ah, it hurts… what are you doing?” She tried to lower down her voice as possible. The doctor was just on the other home. She’s worried he might hear what is happening.

“Are you cheating on me, uh, Shin Ji Eun?!” Dongshin uttered with burning eyes.

Ji Eun felt really scared. It was like Dongshin can eat her alive anytime soon. She tried to pull her arm back to her, but Dongshin was too strong that she couldn’t let go.

“D-d-d-dongshin-ah… not here. Not here, please.” She begged as she tried to endure the pain of Dongshin’s tight grip at her right arm.

Dongshin then dragged her out of the clinic and pushed her hardly against the wall beside the clinic. There were almost no people passing by so nobody ever noticed what Dongshin was doing to Ji Eun.

“What is this, uh?!” He almost slapped the photos on Ji Eun’s face. “You’re really cheating me, right, Ji Eun-ah? How dare you?! You’re a !” Dongshin shouted.

“Aniya, Dongshin-ah. We’re not doing anything wrong! I just helped him do groceries, that’s all. We ate out because he said he wanted to treat me for snack since I helped him and because it was already dark when we finished so he brought me home. That’s all, Dongshin-ah. Please believe me.” There were droplets of tears beside her eyes already.

“You’re making me stupid, Ji Eun. I’m not as fool as you are.” He uttered in a very devilish look. “What? Is it because he’s handsome? He’s an idol? He’s popular than me?  What else do I need to know now? that both of you are already ing?!”

“DONG SHIN-AH!!!!” Ji Eun shouted when she couldn’t take those harsh words coming out of Dongshin’s mouth.

Dongshin looked at her with disgust when he heard her shout, “HOW DARE YOU SHOUT AT ME?!”

Ji Eun automatically closed her eyes when he saw Dongshin raised her left palm. He was about to slap her. She couldn’t do anything but wait for his palm to land on her face… until she heard a very familiar voice.

“Whether she doesn’t speak up, police can still sue you for physical abuse because they have me as a witness.” Minho came in time and held Dongshin’s hand in the air as it was about to land on Ji Eun’s face.

“Who are you?” Dongshin asked in irritation. It seemed that he didn’t notice they guy in front of him was the same guy on the photo with Ji Eun.

“A possible witness.” Minho uttered coolly. “I’ll allow you to slap her, just be ready for the lawsuit any minute after you hit her.”

Dongshin let go of her so harshly. He gave Minho one sharp look (that can possibly kill someone if they were knives) and left marching.

“Dongshin-ah!!” Minho frowned when he realized Ji Eun was really about to follow Dongshin. He grabbed her hand to stop her. “Let go. I need to talk to him.” She said in a low voice. It was more of a beg.

“Are you serious?! She almost hit you! Are you still gonna follow him?!” Minho said in disbelief. “Are you really that stupid?!” He shouted. He was also irritated at how Ji Eun was acting like a dumb girl following her love.

“I need to talk to him. Please let go.” Ji Eun tried to remove his hand from hers, but Minho pulled her closer. It was not as harsh as how Dongshin held her a while ago, but Minho made sure she won’t have the ability to escape.

“After I saw how he treated you, do you really think I can easily let you go to follow him?” Minho uttered.

“Please, Minho-ssi. I’m begging you.” Ji Eun attempted to release herself again.

“I said No.” There’s finality on Minho’s voice. Ji Eun couldn’t argue back .

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Since I wasn't updating frequently so here's my updating marathon ~ Hehehe. :)) Look forward for a lot of updates today. I'm writing them all. Hahaha. They're stuck in my head for days so I can write as much today. Looking forward to hear your feedbacks as well, fighting!