018.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

Dongshin was warming up on the field ready to start his practice. There’s no one else around because it’s a regular day and there’s no one to practice with.

He was busy stretching up his arms when someone suddenly ran and jumped over the cross bar. He was very surprise. It’s someone he doesn’t know and he’s not aware of how he ever got there.

The guy rose from a very successful highjump with the height of 1.8 meters. He made few hairflips while coming towards Dongshin.

“It’s too low, huh?” The guy uttered as he went closer to him, “It’s good to be back in the field. I’ve been very busy lately I’m not practicing anymore.”

Dongshin was stagnant for a bit. He’s figuring out if he is an old team buddy or what. He seems so familiar to him. He’s very sure he has seen this person somewhere.

“You are?” Dongshin uttered while frowning with eyes narrowing towards him.

“Choi Minho.” He lent his hand for a shakehands.

“Choi Minho?” He unconsciously lent his hand to reach for his and they shook hands. Minho, for Dongshin, is somewhat intimidating. But because he’s a man with pride, so he must not show it in front of him. “Sam Dongshin. It’s nice meeting you.” He looked straight at Minho’s face, that’s when he realized he was the same guy in that photo with Ji Eun that spread out in the internet weeks ago. “I’m afraid it’s not really nice meeting you.” He uttered and smirked.

“I guess you know who I am right now. Have you woken up your senses already?” He chuckled teasingly.

“You’re that messy idol who sings and dances crappy music with your useless groupmates.”

“Aww..” Minho covered his nose in a very sarcastic way. “Dude, garbage cans are everywhere around Seoul. Why do you stuck them on your mouth?” He raised his hands in defense. “I know you, and I’m not stooping down to your level. Let me just say this: You don’t deserve Shin Jieun. You should let her go.”

“I don’t care about your damn opinion. You don’t have anything to do with me and Jieun. If she complains to you then I don’t give a damn about that. She clings around me. She should be thankful I’ve been fulfilling her stupid wishes all these time.”

“You don’t love her?”

“I do. Of course I do. I even want to marry her soon.”  Minho frowned. If he loves her, then why is he acting this way?  “Look, don’t act like you don’t understand what I mean…” Dongshin moved closer to Minho like he’s being friendly, and Minho finds it really weird and out of this world. “We’re guys… we are normal young and free guys. Do you want to tie yourself that soon to someone who doesn’t know how to freely love someone? I appreciate Jieun because she’s very caring and thoughtful, but we’re not married yet. I’ll allow her to act like that if she’s my wife already. For now, I want to experience my life with bunch of other girls within my choice, and she should stay away with that part of my life because I don’t want her to get hurt.” Dongshin chuckled and patted Minho’s shoulders. “Hey, you can hook up with lots of hot girls by your looks. I’m inviting you over tonight. Let’s have a drink together and go wild with those crazy es. You’ll enjoy it Minho-ssi.” He smirked.

Minho removed his hands that were placed on his shoulders. “No, thank you.” He said.

Dongshin shook his head. “I appreciate you being Jieun’s friends. You’re caring enough to even go here and tell those things to me so thank you very much. But don’t worry about Jieun, while she loves me with all her heart then we have no problem with her hurting. And I’m careful enough to hide those things from her, plus, she’s very understanding so I don’t have to worry.” He sighed. “Hayy… I suddenly felt lazy of practicing. I should go and party with the girls in a while. If you’re willing to go there, then I’m working at the Backstage. See you there.” He patted his shoulder one last time and went away.

**MINHO POV**

Meeting him in person, I am really certain about how stupid he is. He clearly doesn’t deserve Ji Eun’s love. I’ve been saying this a lot of times, and I don’t care if I repeat it again. He doesn’t deserve Ji Eun. He’s unworthy of her love, and it pisses me off how Jieun is so blinded by her love for him. She should wake up and stop being so stupid.

So what does he expect? I’ll go tonight at the bar where he was working to party? No, please. I’ll rather rot myself at home than go and meet him again. I’ve been exposed to too much dirtiness. I don’t want to experience it again.

He told me he loves Jieun, but he probably loves himself a LOT more. He’s a crazy, self-centered, selfish bastard.

And I did it. I was rotting myself at home playing random video games that are suddenly making me bored when a heavy rain poured out. I looked at the wall clock and it’s just 6 pm. What to do now in this cold night with rain pouring outside? I stood up and went to the fridge. I’ll just eat something.

There I saw the kimchi Jieun gave us. She suddenly popped into my mind. Where is she right now? Is she at her home already? I went back to the living area and sat. She’s still on my mind. Anyways, a call won’t hurt or mean anything. I’ll just check if she’s alright.

“Where are you?” I don’t know why it was the first sentence that came out of my mind. Am I really that interested in knowing where she is at the moment?

“I’m still in the clinic. I got stuck because of the heavy rain.” She uttered.

“Oh. How about taking a cab?” I suggested.

“No transportation right now. I don’t know.” She said. “But I think Dongshin will come anytime soon.”

“Did you call him to pick you up?”

“No. But I think he’ll come, so don’t worry.”

He won’t come, Ji Eun. He won’t come. I guarantee that to you. Seesh… I really want to say those things but I can’t since she might be hurt. As much as I want to tell her how stupid she is for believing the impossible, I still can say it directly to her because I care a lot about her feelings. “Okay then… just please take care.” I said and hanged up the phone.

2 hours later and I don’t know why I don’t feel at ease at all. I’m worried. I’m worried Ji Eun is still stuck at the clinic. It’s still raining hard outside, and I don’t think it will stop for the next few hours.

I stood up and took my keys. I should really check her out. If she’s not there then good enough, if she’s still there then I’ll take her home. Don’t ask me why I’m being this concern, cause I don’t even know, too.

There she goes inside the clinic, probably waiting for someone that will never come to pick her up. “Ji Eun-ah.” I called her in a more informal way.

She looked up at me, and got sad when she realized I was not Dongshin. I know I’m much more handsome than that guy, but because she was expecting him, so she had hoped to see his face instead of me. I’m forgiving you, Ji Eun, for being the first girl who frowned and got even sadder the moment you saw my face. You’re really different.

“Let’s go. I’ll drive you home.” I went forward and lent her my hand. She looked at me, eyes are almost wet and I know tears were about to fall. She held my hand. It was unusually tight and her hand was shaking. Is she feeling cold? I looked at her and saw how pale her lips were. “Ji eun-ah. You don’t look okay.” I quickly removed my jacket and wrapped it around Ji Eun. She was only wearing her nurse’s uniform which skirt goes just an inch above her knees. She never complained about what I do. I took her bag from her and carried it. “I’m sorry I forgot to bring an umbrella, so you use my jacket instead.”

We left the clinic and were about to ran to go to my car when Jieun seemed to woke up from her senses. “Minho-ssi.” She called me out. “Let’s share this.” She widened up my jacket and place the part of it above my head. I was a lot taller than her so I helped her put it to the both of us.

“At the count of three. 1… 2… 3…” We both ran to my car. It takes us probably 10-12 seconds before we got to completely enter the car.

She took her bag and got her towel as soon as we’re there. I started the engine so she can go home already. Jieun probably noticed how wet I were. I had to make sure she’s completely covered up so despite the fact that she gave me a part of my jacket, I still made sure the bigger part of it covered her so she won’t get that wet.

“Aigoo~” Jieun carefully reached to my face and wiped the wet area. She touched my arm and realized it was wet, too, so she wiped it as well. “How about your back?” He pushed me a little bit to the front and felt my back with her hands. When she realized it was very wet and soaked out. She put the towel that she used to her face on my back, like a mother trying to dry her son’s wet back from playing too much outside.

For once, I thought she’s my girlfriend. I don’t know. Dongshin said she’s very caring and thoughtful. If it means this way then my God, Dongshin is so lucky to have her. Never in my life will I imagine Krystal doing that to me. She would just probably hand me a towel while she’s busy drying herself up.

I was about to ask her why she’s doing that when I realized she might probably feel awkward and think that I’m giving malice to the things she does for me. She is just naturally caring. She doesn’t mean anything than that. To avoid the awkwardness that she might suddenly feel, I just looked straight to the road while she’s putting the towel up my , touching few skins with her fingers unconsciously. We shouldn’t meet eyes. I will just send her tons of electricity if ever our eyes met. It’s not good you know. She’ll feel very awkward about it.

Few minutes later and we reached her house. The rain has stopped. I don’t know but I think sky is playing with us. The moment we entered the car a while ago, rain suddenly stopped pouring, and now, it seemed like it didn’t rain at all except for the fact that the road is wet.

“Thank you for coming to pick me up.” Jieun thanked me with gentle eyes. I nodded.

“No problem. I’ll always come when you need me.” I wanted to take the last sentence back but it’s too late, I already said it. She smiled, opened the door and was about to leave.

“Please go back home safely.” She said. “And...”

“And I’ll call you once I get home.” I continued what she was about to say. “I’ll leave once I see you enter the door of your house, so go now and goodnight.”

She nodded and went out. She gave me a wave before she was about to close the door. I flew away once I saw her enter.

Isn’t it so weird? How I just bluntly care about her knowing she has a boyfriend and I have my special someone, too? It’s weird how I felt the moment her fingers accidently touched my back. When we were running together and my arms were placed around her shoulders. I don’t know why it’s so cold and yet I feel so warm staying really close to her. I even smelled the scent of her hair and it was so lovely and fragrant.

This weird feeling I get just from being that close to her… I don’t get it, but it really gave me more determination to keep her away from that Dongshin guy.

She’s the sweetest girl I’ve ever known. Yes, unfortunately, sweeter than Krystal. I love Krystal, but Ji Eun’s sweetness, kindness, and gentleness brings so much that I can’t really stop thinking about her.

Oh really, I should stop now.

**END OF POV**

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Why is it so sweet, Minho-yah? *dies of sweetness*