013.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

**JI EUN POV**

I sat beside my bed looking at my phone. It’s been 3 hours since Minho left but there’s still no message coming from him. I checked my phone again. No message.

I am the type of person who always worries about the people around me. They say I worry too much, that I already forget thinking about myself as well. That is because I don’t have a lot of people I treasure. I don’t normally befriend everybody. I’m the type every kind of person can talk to, but I only choose those who can be close to me. I’m afraid they won’t understand who I really am. I’m afraid they won’t accept me, so I’m okay with having few but very close people to me.

I don’t know if it’s a good or bad quality, but I am also the type to make sure the person that is with me will always feel comfortable. I have no problems with adjusting. I’ll do it as long as they will feel at ease. They say I should be selfish sometimes, but I don’t know. I want to care for people. I think that’s the reason why I became a nurse.

But Dongshin doesn’t like it at times. He hates it when I ask questions about his whereabouts and the things he does every day. He says it’s a form of meddling, and he doesn’t want me to get involve too much. He tells me we are indeed lovers, but there are still some things that I don’t have to know about.

I guess he’s right, and because he’s not comfortable about it, that’s why for four years, I keep on adjusting myself to that situation. You know, he’s one special person, and I just couldn’t stop caring, could I?

Going back... I really couldn’t sleep tonight if I don’t feel assured about him going home safely. Okay, then, although I asked him to message me first, I guess I need to do it now since he probably forgot about it.

**END OF POV**

 

**MINHO POV**

I just finished taking a bath and I guess I need to sleep early tonight. I have an individual schedule tomorrow so I need to be up by 5 am. If I don’t sleep now then I won’t wake up on time tomorrow. Alarm clocks have no effect. I couldn’t hear it so it won’t help me wake up.

I was about to close my eyes when my phone vibrated. I looked at it. I frowned as I realized it was a message from Ji Eun.

“Did you go home safely?”

That message full of concern made me smile. Now I remember: she told me to message her once I arrive home. I forgot it since I’m not really use on texting someone like that. Krystal was never like that to me so I lived not caring if someone is worried or not, although I do care about other people a lot, I’m not really use on other people caring about me, of course, aside from my family, and the members.

Instead of replying, I’ll just call her since I’m really not fond of answering through text. I’ll rather talk to her on the line than type what I want to say.

“Ji Eun-ssi. I’m sorry I forgot to call you. Yes, I went back safely.” I said as soon as I heard Ji Eun’s voice on the line. “And thank you for the Kimchi. Taemin and I enjoyed it a lot.” I remembered how tasty her homemade kimchi is. Taemin was praising it all the time as we were eating.

“I can sleep now that I know you arrived okay, and if you want more kimchi, just tell it to me.” She answered.

I said goodbye after that because I think there’s nothing else to talk about. We’ve been together the whole afternoon and that is enough to properly have a communication with the person not as close to you.

But it got me thinking when she said she can sleep now that she’s sure I’m alright. It’s so nice of her.  And I will repeat what I said before: She deserves someone even better than that Dongshin guy.

**END OF POV**

It happened to Minho, too. His photos with a mystery girl surfaced the internet the next day. Photos of them from the supermarket, to McDonalds, until they reached the girl’s house, it’s seemed that the paparazzi followed them everywhere they went.

“Isn’t this Ji Eun?” Key frowned as she recognized her face. He looked at Minho with a very suspicious expression. “What were you doing with her? Are you, two, seeing each other? How about Krystal? Didn’t the two of you just cooled off? Is it already a break up?”

Minho shook his head and didn’t bother answering any of the questions the natural Key-umma threw at him. He is more than worried to Ji Eun’s identity now rather than his own. He knows fans won’t hurt him, but what if Dongshin finds out? He will surely misinterpret the photos.

“I realized that Shin Ji Eun is kinda cute.” Jonghyun uttered while looking at the photos. “And you, two, looked good, huh? So tell me then, when did you start dating?” Jonghyun chuckled at Minho.

“We’re not dating. We just bumped into each other.” He said.

“Bumped into each other for 3 times in a single day?” Onew looked at him with a confused face. “Are you telling us you accidentally saw her while doing groceries, then you met her again in McDonalds, then you passed along her house after? That is a very very very very very very good coincidence then!” Onew uttered with a meaningful smile on his face.