060.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“You should go there and meet her. You’re the daughter… whatever happened before, it must be you who needs to go and reach out.” Her mom uttered as she consulted her about going to US to meet her biological mother. “I’ve raised you to be someone whose respect is always over than pride. You should meet her, Ji Eun.” She added.

“You and Jisun must go with me, umma.” She said and held her mom’s hand. “I want you to be there so she’ll also meet those people that took care of me while she’s away.” She uttered.

“We can’t. Jisun has school and I have my work to do.” She said and felt sorry to Ji Eun. “And I think it would be better for you to meet them alone. We will meet her on the other times… but you must go there and I want you to have some time to spend with your real family.” She smiled at her daughter. “I’m proud of raising you like this, and I want to meet your mother because I want her to meet the person that made you this great.” She caressed Jieun’s cheeks. “You deserve to be the happiest person right now. You’ve been through a lot of things and it’s right to have all the love now.” She said sweetly.

“Umma…” She uttered again. “Just because I met my real family doesn’t mean I’ll forget and leave you and Jisun. You will always be those two important persons in my life.”

“I know, my dear, and I’m not worried of being forgotten by you. I know you too much and I also know you love as that much. I trust you, that’s why I want you to go there and see your mother. Your family is getting bigger and better, and that’s nice to know. Anyways… how long are you planning to stay there?”

“I don’t know, umma…  but I have to go back quickly.” She smiled and went to give her umma a hug. “Umma… I just want to thank you for taking care of me all this time. You raised me as a very good and loving daughter… so now I’m not afraid to face her, because I know someone has brought me up nicely and well. I want you to know you didn’t fail to give me good values and attitudes.” She looked at her mom with teary eyes. “And I will always bring them with me everywhere I go.”

“You sound like you’re getting married.” Her mother suddenly uttered. “Dear, you gave me a different atmosphere.” She joked.

“Ummmaaaaa~~~” Ji Eun said and pouted. “You want me to get married? You’re giving me away now?” She said cutely.

“Aniya~” Ji eun’s mom hugged her again. “But if it’s Minho-ssi then I’ll be glad to hand you over to him. He seems very reliable and responsible, and I know he loves my Ji eun so much.” She looked at Ji Eun, “So you better go back immediately after you have nice time with your other umma. Other girls are guarding you off waiting for you to leave him. You don’t want Minho to be stolen away by anyone, right?” She said naughtily.

“He won’t allow it.” Ji eun said with a hint of confidence. She can only be this comfortable with her mom. “Minho loves me so much so he’ll wait for me.” She giggled.

“Aish! Umma didn’t teach you how to be over confident!” She said and they both laughed together.

****

“Do you have some time?” Ji eun called Minho one morning.

“Why? Is there anything you want to tell me? I’ll find time.” Minho said on the other line.

“I just want to tell you something…” Ji eun answered. “It won’t take too long… but I really want to see you.”

“My baby… you’re not really telling me something. You just want to see me, right?” Minho chuckled. “You probably miss me so much. I miss you, too… and you won’t even imagine how much.”

“Aside from the fact that I miss you… I really have something to tell you.”

Minho suggested that Jieun should go to the dorm to talk to Minho about that important thing she wants to tell him.

“So what’s up, babe?” Minho said as soon as he opened the door for Ji Eun. He kissed her on the cheek and guided her inside. They both sat on the couch and looked at each other.

“Have you eaten?” Minho nodded to Ji Eun. “You haven’t change clothes. You must change to comfy clothes and wash up.” She said.

“Why is Jieunnie suddenly being this way? I know that and I will do it later… I just want to hear you out right now. I promise to do everything you said later before sleeping.” She said.

“I’m going to US.” Jieun said and Minho was lost for words. “I’m going there to meet umma.” She added.

“That’s nice.” Minho can only utter it. “I’m happy for you.” He said wearing a bitter smile. Jieun looked at him. She’s not convinced about his acting.

“You can tell me it’s not alright if it’s really not.” Jieun said and held Minho’s hands.

“Of course it’s okay. Of course I would love you to meet her. How can I not be alright with you meeting your own family? But…”

“But????” Ji Eun uttered.

“But of course I don’t want you to leave. I’m afraid to miss you so much.” Minho said. “How long will you stay there? 1-2 weeks?”

“Probably a month or 2.” Jieun said honestly. “I need to spend time with umma… and Juliette said she’ll take me to beautiful places there.”

“Let me hug you.” Minho said and just wrapped his arms around Jieun. “You should go back after having fun with them, okay? I won’t say no or keep you from going. I just feel happy and contented that you personally went here to say that. I promise to be a good boy while you are away.” He said and planted a sweet kiss on her cheek.

 


Author's Note:

I'm being so biased. Why does Minho have to be this perfect? Tell me. Give this fic a freakin' problem to solve. Minho why are you okay with everything?!!! Freakin arrgghhhh!!! I have to finish this soon and Minho's not even showing any signs of imperfection as a boyfriend! Freakin why?!!!