031.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

Minho was sleeping soundly when his phone rang. It was just yesterday when the accident happened and he was using this as an excuse now not to work around the house and make Taemin do all of it. He lazily rolled on his bed to reach for his phone that was placed on the side table.

“Deh…” He said with a sleepy voice. Minho didn’t bother to look at who’s calling at all.

“Uhhh… Did I wake up so soon? I’m sorry I disturbed you.” Minho’s eyes automatically went wide open as he heard that familiar voice. The owner of that sweet voice still lingers on his mind. How he loves to see her face early in the morning, but fine, hearing her voice now is enough for him to smile.

“Ji Eun-ah…” He called out her name in a much comfortable way. He felt himself loosing up and giving in to this girl’s charm. “You just called on time.” He said.

“I was just wondering if you’re okay. There were cases were a person with injury suffers from fever or heavy aches at the body.” She said worriedly.

Minho thought for a while if he’s going to lie or tell the truth. He had to admit he wants to see her now. He knows Ji Eun will definitely come if he tells her he’s having fever right now.

“I’m fine.” Minho decided to tell the truth. “You don’t have to worry. Go to work now and be careful. I’m sorry I won’t come to pick you up today.” He apologized as if it’s his major obligation to be with Ji Eun all the time.

“It’s okay, Minho-ssi.” Ji Eun replied. “If I go home earlier today, I’ll go there to check you.” She said.

Minho smiled even wider. He doesn’t really have to lie, you know. Ji Eun will still go to him whether he’s sick or she’s just plain worried.

“Ji Eun-ah…” Minho called out again, sweetly.

“Why?”

“Can you cook for me?” He said, like a baby whining to his mother about craving for his favorite food. Ji Eun, on the other line, was heard chuckling. Minho felt even better.

“I will.” She said to him. “I’ll hang up now. Rest a little longer. Bye.”

Minho closed his eyes again, smiling. Suddenly, one of the best feelings he has right now is this feeling. Waking up in the morning hearing Ji Eun’s voice the first thing is such an ecstasy for Minho. He realized that if this just happens regularly, then every day will be such an awesome day.

But hey, seeing Ji Eun’s face first thing in the morning will be the most awesome feeling, ever. Minho smiled just by imagining how she looks when she smiles.

He was so into deep imagination of Ji Eun when his phone rang again. He didn’t bother to look at it again for he had a feeling that it will be Ji Eun again.

“Deh…” He answered again with the sweetest voice he could have.

“Oppa… I just came back from Japan.”

Minho’s eyes opened again, not because he’s happy about it, but because he was very surprised and speechless.

“What? Aren’t you happy about it?” Krystal uttered when Minho didn’t respond immediately.

“Ah… No.”

“No?”

“Oh I mean… of course… I am.” Minho said.

“I want to see you. Can we meet?” Krystal uttered after a while. “It’s been so long since I last saw you. I came back thinking I will be able to see you again.” She said happily. “Where should we meet?”

“I can’t.” That’s true. He cannot meet her right now because of his injury. But whether it’s because of his injury or he just doesn’t want to see her now, Minho has no idea about the reason. “I acquired a leg injury. A nurse that attended me advised I should rest for 2-3 days.” He said.

“Oh I see…” Krystal uttered when she heard him. “Then please get well soon. I’ll see you around then.” She said.

“Sure sure.” Minho tried to smile but it just go back to being confused and undecided of what to do now that Krystal’s back.

“Heh.” Minho sighed when the phonecall has ended. “I told her I am injured, and she didn’t even bother asking if I need anything to be better.”

He was used on Krystal not caring about him so much before, but of course, now that he felt someone’s care and realized it was a very good feeling, he somehow wished for Krystal to pay a little attention to him if she really do loves him.

It’s not right to compare Krystal and Ji Eun together, but he couldn’t stop doing so. He claims to love Krystal more and it will be for forever, but why is he happier at the thought of seeing Ji Eun?

And now, Krystal is coming back when he isn’t confessing his feelings to Ji Eun yet. What now? He’ll just let it fly and leave Ji Eun alone?