025.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“Minho-yah… I know you’re not that busy, why don’t you go hang out with us?” One of Minho’s highschool friends said as he called him up over the phone that morning. Minho looked at the clock. 4 hours to go before Ji Eun’s off from work.

“Okay okay…” Minho said giving in to his friend’s invitation. “Where are you right now? I’ll follow.”

“At the same court where we used to play basketball.” His friend informed. “We won’t start the game until you arrive, so better hurry up.” He uttered and ended the call.

Minho stood up and prepared for another basketball game. He missed playing basketball, especially since it’s the best way to bond with his other friends. He’ll just play for more than two hours and leave to pick Ji Eun up from the clinic.

Minho reached the court 30 minutes later.

“YAAH!!” His friends ran and they hugged altogether. How he missed this brotherly love from the other guys. “Wah… You’re handsome than ever, Minho-ssi.” His friend teased as he checked Minho’s face out. “You’re much cooler than the last time we saw you.” He added.

“Aish! This fool!” Minho fixed his hair as one of his friends messed it up upon seeing him. “Come on, let’s start the game right away! I need to heat up!” Minho jumped and ran over the middle of the court, stealing the ball from his friend’s hands.”

“You’re going to lose, Minho-ah! It’s been a long time since you last played basketball!” One friend shouted and ran after him while attempting to steal the ball. Minho ran even faster. This is very refreshing to him. It’s nice to go back to the things he used to do even before.

“Yah, Minho-yah~ I thought you’re dating Krystal? Why are you with some other girl lately? I’ve been seeing her with you around in the photos. Who is she?” The friend who is trying to steal the ball talked to him while they are playing one on one. The other guys were still in the bench doing random things.

“She is not some other girl. Her name is Ji Eun. Shin Ji Eun.” Minho answered and turned his back against his friend to defend the ball.

The friend moved aggressively trying to steal the ball. Minho moved a little bit faster. He was still able to defend it.

“Then who is she? I mean… who is she exactly in your life?” The friend asked again.

“Don’t ask random questions just to steal the ball away.” Minho chuckled and decided not to answer the question. How can he answer something that he is also asking in himself?

“Tell me.” The friend insisted and moved a little bit far to give Minho some air to breathe. He’s very intrigued about the girl that he’s willing to let Minho shoot the ball just to make him answer.

“Tell you what, dude?” Minho still resisted.

“About the girl.” He said, and shouted, “Guys! I thought you want to know something from Minho?!” Upon hearing him,  the other 4 guys ran towards them and started guarding Minho who was still holding the ball.

“Yah Yah Yah This is unfair. Why is it five against one?!” Minho shouted in panic as he tried really hard to keep the ball with him.

“Let’s have a deal. You’ll tell him what’s up about that girl once we successfully steal that ball from you.” One of his friends uttered. Minho’s eyes widened.

“That is unfair! You’re five and I’m alone?! How is it even possible to defend the ball and shoot it?!” He complained.

“That left you with no choice but to share the story.” They went aggressively to Minho so he had to go for an escape from the circle his friends created.

He moved smooth and swiftly and he successfully escaped his friends that were crowding, but they’re determined enough to get the ball. Minho ran even faster, causing him to accidentally trip and fall.

“!” Minho shouted as he felt a striking pain on his foot. The guys quickly ran to help him.

“Can you stand up, Minho-yah?” They guided Minho up but he fell a little again. Three of them had to help him in order for Minho to get to the bench beside the court.

“This is… urggh!” Minho’s pissed off face can be seen obviously on his face.

They checked it up. His ankle was sprained and it was already swelling. “Tsk Tsk. Minho-yah… You haven’t exercising regularly. You tripped because your joints are stiff. Tsk.” He shook his head.

Not minding the sprained ankle, Minho immediately thought of Ji Eun. If he is in this condition then how can he be able to pick Ji Eun from the clinic?

“Cold compress.” Minho uttered and lead the aid for his injury.

He is used to this injury. Whether it’s because of sports or dance practice, he already acquired a lot of injuries and it’s normally sprain.

They applied ice on the injured part, and it somehow relieved the pain but it was still swelling. Normally, sprained ankle lasts for 2 days before it gets to be in better condition.

They were still attending on Minho’s injured ankle when his phone rang. It was Ji Eun.

 


 

Author's Note:

Succesfully updated after 2 days? or 3? I dunno but I missed Minho and Ji Eun. LOL. Anyways, here is a chapter for ya'll. I'm sorry there's no Minho-JiEun interaction. There will be a lot on the next chapters. :D