040.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Minho took out his phone from his pocket and saw that someone was calling. He looked at Ji Eun. “My niece is calling.”

Ji Eun nodded. It’s a sign that she is allowing someone to interrupt the conversation. They were watching the sun set beside the Han River when Minho received the phonecall. She was guessing it must be Sooki since she’s his oldest niece and the only possible one to have the ability to call.

“Yes, baby?” Minho bit his lower lip and looked at Ji Eun. She chuckled and wondered why Minho is such a cutie. “Eh? Why? Where’s umma?” Minho’s face turned to be full of worries. “How about Onew-appa? Don’t leave there, okay? We’ll go to you.” He said and ended the call. “Ji Eun-ah, I’m sorry, but can we go to Sooki?”

“Why?” Ji Eun asked worriedly.

“She ran away from home. Soojin noona might have scolded her badly.” He said.

“Oh. We need to find her fast then. She’s a little girl and I’m afraid she’ll be in danger for being out alone. It’s already 6 pm.”

Sooki told Minho that she was in front of her school gate. She didn’t know where else to go so she decided to call her uncle.

Few minutes and they finally saw Sooki sitting beside the gate, curling on her legs and sulking. Minho ran to his niece and rubbed her back, “Sooki-ah… Uncle is here.” Sooki raised her head and Minho saw that she was crying, “Aigoo, my niece… why are you crying?”

Minho sat beside Sooki and Ji Eun sat on the other side. They listened to Sooki who was trying to tell the story clearly while she was sobbing.

So the thing is… she hasn’t been eating well lately. There will always be left over in her plate and Soojin umma has been very anxious to it lately. Until today, when they were eating dinner, she was trying to eat all the food in her plate but she couldn’t so she went in the kitchen to throw the left over while her mom is upstairs. Unfortunately, Soojin caught her while doing that so she went even mad of her for throwing her foods.

“Why can’t you eat well? Umma cooks deliciously.” Minho uttered after hearing Sooki.

She just shook her head, “I don’t know… I just can’t eat well, uncle.” She said.

“Kids around her age normally seek other types of food.” Jieun said while rubbing Sooki’s back. “It’s normal. I think for her age, she would always prefer eating foods like pasta, pizza, burger, and foods like that. For breakfast, I think our Sooki would like to have pancakes or munchkins.” She said.

Sooki looked at her and nodded. “I love pancakes.” She said. “I also like to eat pizza and pasta.”

“But they don’t give much nutrition than how umma cooks for you.” Ji Eun uttered as she felt sorry for little Sooki. “We should go home and tell umma you apologize for throwing the food away.”

Sooki shook her head, “She’ll be mad again because I ran away.” She uttered. “I wish for appa to come home fast.”

“Did you call her?”

Sooki shook her head, “He’s at work and I don’t want to disturb him. Can we go home when appa arrives?”

Minho nodded until his phone rang. After seeing who it was, he immediately gave it to Ji Eun and told her to answer the call for him. She nodded, stood up, and went few steps away from them.

“Onew-oppa…” Ji Eun called.

“Oh? Ji Eunnie? Where’s Minho? Can I talk to him?” Onew uttered in a panic voice.

“We are with Sooki already. She called us a while ago.” After Jieun said it, she heard how Onew sighed in relief. “You should go here and personally pick her up.”

Few minutes later and Onew’s car arrived. Sooki ran towards her appa the moment he went out of the car. “Appa!!” She hugged him tight and Onew knelt down to look at her daughter.

“Aigoo… my daughter.” He said and cleared her face. There were few strands of hair that covered her eyes and cheeks. “Umma and appa are very worried. You should not do this again~” He said calmly. “I talked to umma already, and she’s not angry anymore, but I want Lee Sooki to apologize for what you did. Throwing foods isn’t right.” He said gently. “The next time, we will just request something to umma so she can cook something that we want, but when umma put some veggies, promise me you’ll eat it as well.” Sooki nodded. “Good girl. I know you will listen. Come on. Appa brought some roasted chicken and we should eat it together.” He said.

Sooki nodded and smiled. “Thank You, Onew-appa.” She uttered.

“Appa is doing this because he loves Sooki so much, though I hope Sooki would listen to appa and umma, too.” He said.

“I’m sorry, appa. I will listen to you and umma from now on. I will say sorry to umma, too. I promise I won’t make her angry anymore.”

“That’s my daughter. Let’s go?” Onew stood up and Sooki waved to the two who were standing few meters away from them.

“Thank You, Minho, Ji Eunnie.” Onew said when Sooki entered the car. “We were worried about her, and I apologized we ruined your date.”

“It’s okay, oppa.” Ji eun said. “We’re happy we could be of help to your family.” She smiled at him.

“Tell me exactly the thing you’re not good at.” Ji Eun asked after Onew and Sooki left. Minho looked her in confusion. “You’re even a very good uncle. Sooki wouldn’t have called you if you’re not her favorite uncle.” She said.

“I’m not good at playing video games. Remember? You beat me the last time we played.”

“No. You’re good at it and you really played a lot.” Ji Eun said. “I searched a lot about you, of course, I would know.”

Ring. Ring. Ring. Minho’s phone was ringing again.

“If it’s any of SHINee members I don’t like you to answer it.” Ji Eun pouted. “For once, I want to be selfish of you.”

Minho smiled and looked at his phone. “Oh? It’s Lee Sooman.” He said and took the call.

“Just when I knew it… you’ll fall in love to that girl I saw on Key and Chae In’s wedding.” Sooman said and he heard him chuckled. “I saw the news just now Minho. Photos of you hugging her in public are all around the internet, and a lot is asking SM to confirm it. I guess I don’t need to confirm, for you announced it already yourself. I’ll allow you go on public with her, Minho, but you have to do well on your next comeback. I’ve talked to your managers, and we’ll arrange your comeback that will probably be 2 to 3 months from now.”

Minho smiled and said yes to Sooman.

Of course, Having Ji Eun beside him, who wouldn’t work well??


Author's Note:

I just had to put Sooki and Onew for this chapter. LOL. I'm being so biased to every story, so please bear with me... marked Chapter 40 ... 41 onwards will be... uhmm. nevermind. Wait for the next update... it will come in a bit. XD I want to scare people... *scares every single one of you while wearing a mask with Dongshin's face on it*