030.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

It was already past 8:30 pm but Ji Eun was still with Minho at the dorm. She looked at Minho who was silently watching a television show.

He was eyeing towards the TV screen, but it seemed like he’s not into the show. He’s obviously spacing out.

“Minho-ssi.” Ji Eun called. Minho looked at her. “Did Taemin message you already? What time will he go home? It’s getting late already.” She asked.

“Uhh…” Minho was trying to grab some words as an explanation. “I think Taemin won’t be going home tonight. He told me he’ll stay for a night with his family and will come back early tomorrow morning.” He said.

“Oh…” Ji Eun’s worried faced flashed in front of Minho. Would that mean she’ll have to stay with Minho all night?

“You can go home now. I can handle this.” Minho smiled as he saw that worried expression on her face. As much as he wanted her to stay, he knows it won’t be too right since they will be all alone during the entire night. Yes, he might be injured and 40% less able to do something, but he’s a man, not to mention a hot blooded single y guy.

“I’ll go home by 9:30.” She uttered to which Minho agreed on. “I just need to make sure you’ll be going to bed early before leaving.” She smiled and turned to the television again. “Can I ask something?”

“Sure.”

“Do you really enjoy watching cooking shows? We just finished eating and we’re already watching about food. You must really like it a lot.”

That’s when Minho realized the channel was on a cooking show. He felt embarrassed but smiled anyways. “Do you want to play some video games? I do that when I’m bored.” He was reaching for the games to choose from but because his injured foot isn’t cooperating, so Ji Eun leaned down instead to get it for him.

“Thank You.” He said. “Which one do you like?”

“Err… I want to play but… I’m not really good at this. Even my little sister beats me into this. You’ll probably get bored playing with me, too.”

“No. I’m not good at this either.” He lied. “It’s always Taemin who plays this and I just looked at him while he does. It would be fun to play with a not so skilled playmate. Let’s just try it.”

“You don’t know how to play it, too?” Ji Eun asked, half smiling.

“I know… but… I’m not good at this. I’ve tried a lot of times, but I don’t get any better at all.” He said and smiled. Ji Eun smiled back and nodded.

“Then let’s try it!” Ji Eun said and both of them started setting up the game to play together.

Minho was enjoying how excited Ji Eun looked like while getting ready to compete with him. He stared at her for a while and she was smiling widely. She’s interested into the game, and he couldn’t help but adore this cute face of her.

“Are you ready?” Minho looked at them as both of them held the joysticks with their hands.

“Ready.” Ji Eun answered.

“And… START!” Minho uttered and pressed the start button.

“Oh. Oh Oh. You’re winning. You’re winning. I need to get better.” Minho was stuttering all the time and Ji Eun was giggling because she was winning when all she did was press random button.

“YAH!!” Minho acted as if he was so disappointed at the result. “Yah, Ji Eun-ah! I thought you’re not good at this? Why did you win so fast? It’s not fair!” Minho said looking so pissed and disappointed.

“I didn’t do anything. I was even clicking random button that I don’t know about!” She yelled back while giggling. “And how will you win if you were just staying on the same place. You’re not even moving at all!” She said. “Look! You’re still in the same place as where you started!” She pointed at the screen.

“I don’t know.” Minho scratched his head, “Is this joystick working? I clicked a lot of times to the buttons but the player keeps on getting back on the starting line.” He laughed.

“Let’s change joystick then.” She took Minho’s and gave him hers. Minho’s mouth parted a little as he was surprised how considerate Ji Eun was. If it was other person then he/she might be boasting about winning because they’re too good.

Minho allowed it and used the joystick that Ji Eun had a while ago. Again, they started another game and for the 2nd time, Minho lost.

“You’re losing on purpose, Minho-yah.” Ji Eun said as she noticed Minho doing it in purpose.

“I’m not.” Minho insisted. “I was playing randomly. Didn’t I tell you I’m not good at this?”

Ji Eun shook her head while smiling at him. “I won’t believe you.” She chuckled. “You’re losing purposely. I think you’re good at this…” She laughed.

“Whether I’m good at this or not, I will always have to lose if it’s you.”

Silence immediately surrounded the whole house as those words were heard from Minho’s mouth.

Ji Eun looked at Minho. He looked back.

They were staring at each other when someone immediately opened the door. “Hyung! I’m home!” It was Taemin. He stepped inside and was shocked to see Ji Eun also sitting beside Minho. “Oh! Hyung! What happened to you?!” He shouted after seeing Minho’s injured foot.

Ji Eun then grabbed her bag as the atmosphere suddenly got awkward with the way both of them looked at each other just a while.

“I need to go.” She stood up. “Sleep well. I’ll message you once I got home.” She said.

“Take care.” Minho uttered.

Ji Eun nodded and left.

“Why did you go home suddenly?” He asked in annoyance.

“I… I…” Taemin was clueless and confused. “I thought you were being sarcastic about me not going home for the night, so I decided to go home because I thought you will be mad at me for leaving you alone.” He said and looked at the opened door that Ji Eun has left. “I’m sorry. You should’ve just told me I should not go home because you don’t want the two of you to be disturbed. I would’ve understood it better and put the situation into consideration.” He giggled and sat next to Minho, looking at the game that ended a while ago.

“Oh? You played together?” He smiled at Minho, “And you lost to Ji Eun? Wow, hyung… this is something very unusual. Since you lost to her, didn’t you attempt on breaking her neck in annoyance?” Taemin chuckled.

“Stop it, Taemin.” Minho said seriously.

“Those guys who will lose to a girl on purpose…. So sweet.” Taemin uttered while shaking his head.


Author's Note:

Today was a lot of fun ~ :)) Comments guys... Why am I killing myself with awesome sweetness? Let's see... The two are taking too slow of realizing what they feel about each other. Faster guys! Realize it fast because Krystal is about to go home anytime soon!!!! >.<