017.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“You must now lie, Minho-yah. What is your relationship with Shin Jieun?” Onew asked while they were at the table eating lunch together.

“Friends.” Minho uttered while slicing the meat into pieces. “We’re friends.” He repeated.

“I couldn’t even believe you are friends with her.” Onew shook his head. “It’s not like you, two, see each other that much to be close as friends. Would you mind tell me how both of you suddenly got close?”

“When Taemin and I got to be with her during Kibum and Chae In’s welcome party?” Minho answered with uncertainty, and then he nodded, “Yeah, that’s probably how both of us became close.” He took a slice of meat straight to his mouth.

“Fans will misunderstand it if you keep seeing her.” Onew uttered and looked at him, “and so as Krystal. I heard they will be coming back from Japan in 2 weeks time. If she figured out you’re seeing someone else, how do you think she will react?”

“Does she actually still care about me?” Minho chuckled bitterly without looking at any of them who was with him at the table. “ Since they left a month ago, I haven’t receive any message from her. We’re in the same company, but the last message she sent was in the morning after she decided to cool it off and we never saw each other after that.” He complained.

“You should call her, then. If she doesn’t make way, then it’s you who should adjust.” Taemin uttered out of nowhere, busily peeling the banana because he just finished eating the main course.

“I’ve been adjusting for 2 years. I’ve been keeping it up to her. Can she make any efforts to come to me once in a while?” He shook his head. “And I think I already tried calling her 3 times since she left, she didn’t answer any of it. I messaged her, too, and I got no reply.”

“That’s why you paying attention to other girls.” Onew butted in again. “You think there’s no Krystal on your side so you’re finding someone else to be drawn into. If you’re playing with Jieun’s heart, please just stop it.” He advised his younger brother.

“I told you we are just friends, and besides, she has a boyfriend.” Minho revealed. “She has that super freakin’ boyfriend that she doesn’t even deserve.”

“The one you asked the private agent to follow for a week?” Soojin said and smiled meaningfully. “Sam… Sam Donshing?”

Minho’s eyes went a lot bigger than usual. How did she know that? Did the private agent tell them that? He thought the things between them are private? How did they know it?

“The private agent didn’t say anything.” Onew uttered as he seemed to have read Minho’s mind. “Soojin figured it out herself because she was too curious about it, and since she’s not doing anything important the other week, so she used all her resources to find out what’s happening to you.” He chuckled, “You know how good Soojin is when it comes to these things.”

“I can’t believe the two of you.” Minho just shook his head when he knew he cannot deny it anymore. He then decided to tell everyone what is happening with Jieun.

“I pity her then. Ji Eun seems to be a very kind girl. I wonder why she can keep up with that kind of guy.” Soojin uttered while looking sorry for the girl. “She should find another guy that is worth loving for. Someone that will surely take care of her.”

“But she cannot do that because she’s busy looking at one person only.” Minho uttered. “That’s why I’m trying to make her realize how unworthy that person is, and then when she figured it out, I’ll even help her find a better man. I have lots of friends. I can introduce her to them.”

“You sound like a cupid.” Onew chuckled. “Are you sure you’re doing that for Jieun? Why? I mean… you’re barely even friends. What made you decide to help her?”

“I just want to do something good for someone right now, hyung, and the fact that Ji eun is such a nice and sweet girl. I can’t afford to see her one day tangled with that kind of guy forever. If no one was courageous enough to pull Jieun out of her misery, then I’ll have to try doing it for her.”

“Minho hyung is going all prince charming like…” Taemin uttered.

“Prince charming? Like cinderella’s?” Sooki uttered cutely. The 8 year old kid likes to watch a lot of Disney shows so she’s kind of good in English.

“Yes, dear. Like Cinderella’s prince charming. Does uncle Minho look like a prince?” Onew asked her daughter.

“A very cool and handsome prince, appa!” She shouted happily. Minho shrugged like a boss. His niece is on his side.

“How about appa, then? Does appa look like a prince?” Onew asked after a while.

It took a short while for Sooki before she can get to answer. “Ahuh! Umma is the beautiful princess Fiona, so you are her prince then!”

“Eh?” Taemin looked at the naughty Sooki while she’s chuckling. Soojin is laughing cutely, too. “Princess Fiona? Isn’t her prince that Shrek?” He asked with a WTF expression on his face. “So you mean Onew hyung looks like Shrek?”

“Is Shrek handsome, Soojin-ah?” Onew turned to his wife innocently.

Soojin chuckled funnily, “He’s very handsome. I’ll show him to you later.” She said.

“Umma ~ Don’t show Shrek to appa!” Sooki uttered, nervously, but still laughing.