Chapter 7: The Truth

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEOHYUN's back! ><

 

 

Chapter 7: The Truth

 

Rains fells freely on top of Taeyeon's car as they stopped by into a convenient store. It's like the heaven knows how she truly feels at the moment. She look over to Seohyun who is lowering her head. Her mind suddenly diverted from the past.

-

Taeyeon, for Seohyun’s knowledge is her typical umma that will not oppose on everything she does, but when it comes to her family, it will somehow make her doubt about it. Everything on her umma is perfect, a perfect wife, perfect provider, perfect umma to them and a perfect business minded person.

But what she doesn’t know is the sadness that her umma is holding. It can’t be about their business or how Seohyun lied to her over the past years, but it's regretfulness.

Flashback…

Taeyeon is a 5 yrs. Old kid who always wanted nothing but to keep her family happy without nothing to worry but what makes this impossible is the fact that she is born without nothing, like nothing everything that she had on vanished because of and accident.

Sounds of sirens echoed to the young taeyeon’s ear as she slowly opened her eyes.

What’s going on? She thought.

There were over 5 people is assisting her to the place where she could possibly think is a Hospital.

“Hurry up!”

“This kid should survive”

“Taeyeon… taeyeon… “

“Where’s her family?”

All nurses were silent for a moment until one of them broke it.

“They died.” Taeyeon said without any feeling of regretless though her tears were overflowing.

-

After the operation, Taeyeon was sent to an orphanage. Though she opposes on living there, she has no right to complain, she think that living in that kind of place will somehow make her at ease but at times goes by, she find herself being lonely, away from friends and even to her relatives. She grow up with a strong a appearance and a strong desire to strive hard for her life without depending on others. She’s scared to be loved for all she knows is just the ridiculous thing she could ever had.

At age of 15, Taeyeon decided to leave the orphanage with a triumph to survive. She went to school with just her own expenses and work hard at night.

“Yah! Taeyeon, is it just me or you’re always like so uptight?” one of her co-workers asked.

Taeyeon just shrug it off and just continued her work. Everyone on her work never tried to approach and even be friends with her, but one particular person is always been trying hard to get closer to her, like sending her ice creams, making a note for her to work hard, giving her a comfort sweaters and even giving her some cup of tea after her work without even knowing who that person could be. She hated it, so much that she attempted to resign to the restaurant she is working but she can’t, for she needs money in order to survive.

Until one day, this particular person approaches her without any hesistation.

“Hi Taeyeon!” said a not so familiar voice.

“Oh my God!” workers began to murmurs with each other at the back of Taeyeon.

Taeyeon slowly title her head to the person in front of her.

“She’s the newest addition of Sone entertainment right?”

“She’s really so cute”

“Yah! Don’t ya ever steal her from me.”

“Is she Tiffany? The actress of ‘You are the one’?”

“I know right? Why is she here?”

Workers continued to murmured with each other.

“Do, do… I know you?” Taeyeon asked bluntly.

Tiffany smiled, her eyes formed into crescent moon that somehow made Taeyeon blushes.

“No of course.” Tiffany said, taking her seat on the side as Taeyeon stayed still on the spot.

“Taeyeon… don’t you remember her? She’s always here to have her dine.” One of Taeyeon’s co-workers nudged her behind.

“She is?” Taeyeon innocently asked. She’s too busy with her work that she misses a lot of costumers coming by.

Tiffany just giggled. “Anyway, I want the usual food.”

“Yes?”

“Yah! Taeyeon, you’re zoning out again.” Her co-worker just take Tiffany’s order for her.

Tiffany flashes a smile to Taeyeon that made her look away.

“I’ll… I’ll go to the kitchen.” Taeyeon excuse herself to hide her blush face.

-

Tiffany would constantly make a conversation to Taeyeon every now and then, every after her tired work as an actress. At first, Taeyeon is not comfortable with this but later on, she find herself smiling again. Tiffany was the first one to make her feel love again and she never miss a chance to pursue Tiffany but things is not that easy, though they’re in love with each other and no one opposes on this, Tiffany decided to quit as an actress for them to be together and this make Tiffany’s parents to doubt on Taeyeon’s capability being her girlfriend. They lend a trust to Taeyeon that no matter what their daughter won’t quit her job but because of love, Tiffany has no choice but to quit it.

(Author’s note: I know it’s impossible about girlxgirl to be pregnant, but come on, we are in fiction world. Keke)

“Taeyeon, you disappointed us.” Tiffany’s father said bitterly. “I thought you weren’t going to snap away our daughter that just like that. For god’s sake Taeyeoon, she’s just 20 yrs. Old.”

“I know appa… but… I love tiffany so much. I will take responsible for this. Tiffany and I will going to live together… happily with our own family.” Taeyeon replied, sobbing a little.

Tiffany’s father then move closer as he patted the younger girl’s shoulder. “We have given you our trust already… so… we will again. But this time, don’t make us disappoint again. Understood?”

Taeyeon nodded in understanding. “I won’t. I will love my family with all my life and protect them in the future.” She promised.

“That’s good to hear.” Tiffany’s father smiled.

-

After 2 years, Taeyeon and Tiffany was able to have their own house, own little family and the Hwang Corp was handled by Taeyeon for the Hwangs were already that old to handle it. Taeyeon made it even bigger when she decided to take the risk on building more branches around Korea.

It’s her pride and her treasure, and wants all of these hard works to be given to her one and only eldest daughter, Seohyun.

But being a successful as she is, is not easy. She has to look over to the company from time to time that she end up always missed the important happenings in her family, she misses birthdays, anniversaries, recitals, and even the graduation of Seohyun.

-

-

Until one day, Seohyun met Yoona. A good that she might describe it but as she sees her daugther getting closer to this girl, she begins to feel uneasy or a feeling of being alone. Before, Seohyun will always approach her for some problems but now as she get herself always busy, Seohyun instead always drop to Yoona's house to have a time instead of her. As she always see this from time to time she grow to hate all of her doings, but it didn't stop her from working and do what she usually do, she just need to bare it until she can.

That's why, she hate Yoona for making her feel like that. She can see how Yoona can make her daugther happy, laugh, smiles and even cried that she wished she was the one who can make her daugther like that.

Turthfully, she learned how she is getting far from Seohyun. She's just afraid that one day, her precious daugther will leave her because of her being so strict and stubborn.

 

an incident that she regretted to be busy that day....

“Ummma… Yoona and I will be out for the whole summer. You want to come? Mom and Sulli will be coming too.” It’s summer when Seohyun offered her a vacation.

“That looks fun. How about… next summer? I can’t just leave the company here Honey. We have lots of work for our next project.” Taeyeon declined.

“Oh, it’s okay umma… I understand.” Seohyun replied in a sad tone.

“Seohyun, hurry up. We are all ready here.” Taeyeon heard Yoona’s voice in the background.

“Was that Yoona?” Taeyeon asked. She felt a bit unease as soon as she heard Yoona’s voice.

“Okay! I’m going now. Umma… see you in week. Bye! Love you umma.” Seohyun then ended the call.

Taeyeon leaned her back to her leather chair as she heaved a breath.

“Yoona… don’t ya ever steal away my daughter.” She muttered.

End of flashback.

 

-

 

“Here.” Taeyeon give Seohyun a warm cup of coffee after she dressed herself. They stopped by into a convenient store after Taeyeon dragged her daughter, going back home.

Seohyun just accepted it without any glance to her umma. She just stayed silent. She’s already wearing a sweatpants and a sweater that her umma bougth her. She has already dried her eyes from the tears too.

Starting the engine, Taeyeon sighed. She knows that what she just did is an act of idealness. “Look… it’s for the better.” She broke the silence.

Seohyun still has no response, she just lowered her head, feeling ashamed.

“Okay! I want to clear this. I don’t hate nor not like Yoona… it’s just that… it’s just… I feel like, she wants you… “

“Umma… let’s just go home.” Seohyun broke her silence as she spoke in a low voice.

Taeyeon look at her daughter escaping a tear from the corner of her eyes but she immediately wiped it. she gulp as she slowly touches her daugther’s shoulders. seohyun reacted right away by jerking away her umma’s hands.

“You wanted to go back?” Taeyeon asked.

“No I don’t.” Seohyun simply said.

“Do… do… you really love her?”

Silence remained to Seohyun’s side.

*ring~ ring~ ring~

“Hello!” Taeyeon answered the phone. It’s raining non-stop that she covered her left air for her to be able to hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter