Chapter 22: Opposite Minds

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

double update!

 

^^

 

 

 

 

Opposite Minds

 

-

-

 

“Yong… hwa sshi.” Seohyun gasped in surprised. Looking back to her fiancé, she arches her eyebrows. As if asking her if the guy is okay with her around.

 

Yoona just smiled, walking towards her and chaste a kiss on her lips. “its okay.” she assuredly smiled.

 

“Uhmmm… I guess… “

 

“No Yonghwa-sshi… stays there.” Yoona stopped Yonghwa when he was about to go out.

 

“So… Hyun…  I got you sweet potatoes and… well this isn’t mine… it’s from Yonghwa.” Yoona said softly.

 

“Oh, Yong-hwa sshi… thanks for this.” Seohyun said, smiling to the older guy. Never imagine that the guy is kind enough for cook for her as well.

 

“But Hyunnie… can you choose just one?” Yoona suggested, showing a pout face to her fiancé as if wanted Seohyun to choose her dish.

 

Seohyun giggled with Yoona’s antic. She stood up and grabs the utensils instead of responding to her fiancé’s pleading eyes. She first tasted Yonghwa’s dish and after she tasted it, she just smiled.

 

Drinking a glass of water, she then tasted her fiance’s dish. she sure love sweet potatoes but her mood at this moment isn’t that good as she still bother by the nightmare she just had. She can’t feel anything that she just surprisingly smiled to her fiancé too.

 

“Yah! so… what do you… like the most?” Yoona puzzled on how Seohyun is responding to their own dishes.

 

Instead of answering her fiance’s question, she turned to Yonghwa and bowed. “I’m sorry Mr. Yonghwa-sshi… but can you excuse us?” she asked, earning a puzzle look from the guy.

 

“Uh… o-okay… “ Yonghwa said, exiting the room.

 

-

-

 

Seohyun sit backs on her desk and work on her files again, this is quite unusual to Yoona’s eyes. She decided to take a sit on her fiance and grab her left hand.

 

“What’s wrong?” Yoona asked. “You still haven’t eaten yet.” Getting worried, Yoona grab her dish and place the plate in front of her fiancé.

 

“Eat up! or-“

 

“Yoong… “

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Seohyun fully turned her body to the doe-eyed girl and seriously stared at her. “Can we hide the engagement first?”

 

Yoona stared back, widening eyes and her mind is still registering what she just heard.

 

“Can you… say that… again?” Yoona softly asked, disbelieving what she just heard. She thought that they had already agreed already on bringing the topic to Seohyun's parent's once they got back.

 

“Yoong… I know this is like… “

 

 

“HYUN! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LIKE TO MARRY YOU SOONER OR LATER.” Yoona stood up and screamed.

 

Seohyun was taken aback. She saw it coming but she never hesitated to bring the topic to her fiancé.

 

“Listen-“

 

“NOOOOO!!!  Do you know what you just told me? You wanted us to hide this? After we hide our relationship for a long time… you wanted this engagement to hide this too? Are you even thinking? I’m tired Hyun… I’m so tired!!! You don’t know how much I spend the whole time to just stopped the bankruptcy of your umma’s company, giving her gifts secretly that until now she’s not aware of it… talking to my business partners to buy your umma’s new designed cars… all of these hyun were for you and me… wanted her to feel that I Yoona… is the best for her daughter, responsible and love you so much.” Yoona added.

 

“…“

 

Seohyun widened her eyes in surprised. All this a while, her fiancé has been doing this without her knowing.

 

“We will spill this engagement no matter what… wait… are you hesitating on marrying me?” Yoona mocked. Within a sudden, she felt that her love isn’t that enough for Seohyun to trust on their relationship entirely.

 

“No! I’m not!” Seohyun defended, standing up too to level their stares. “Listen Yoong… I’m just afraid.” She’s already in mixed emotions. How could she bring such a topic again that will just make her fiancé react like this.

 

“Afraid of what? afraid that your umma will break us apart? Screw that fear!!! You know how much I will fight for us… alright… I get It now… I am just the one who is working on this relationship.” Yoona whispered.

 

/SLAP.

 

Yoona’s head her left. Her eyes watered when finally a pain is slowly spreading on her right cheek and even on her heart. Her cheek is slowly reddening. Seohyun slapped her. She mentally reminded herself.

 

“Yoong… so-sorry… “ Seohyun was about to cupped the doe-eyed girl’s cheek when the latter hold her risk, stopping her from doing so.

 

“I understand… I understand it too well Hyun.” Yoona whispered, before dashing out from the room.

 

-

-

 

Seohyun drops on her knees, finally busting her heart out as she cried—burying her face into her palms.

 

“Stupid me… stu… pid.” She mumbled between her sobs.

 

-

-

 

Yoona exited the room and went to the nearest bar she could somehow release the pain and cof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter