When light replaces darkness

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

another update!

 

 

 

 

 

When light replaces darkness

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoong… yah! wake-up choding.”

 

“Hmmm… seohyun-ah~ I’m sorry… please.. “ Yoona mumbles on her sleep, not minding who is waking her up.

 

“Yoona… wake up. we’re here.” Seohyun whined, getting annoyed as time passes.

 

“Hmmm… “ without any warning, Yoona pulled Seohyun for a hug and kisses her everywhere in her face.

 

“Yah!!! let go!!!” Seohyun squeeled, catching all the eyes from the passengers. She bowed in apology and abruptly let go from Yoona’s grasp as she compose herself back.

 

Yoona slowly opened her eyes like nothing happened, she yawned and widened her two arms. “We are here already?”

 

Seohyun can only rolled her eyes and pulled her fiance up. “You wash your face first… aish!” she suggested before leaving the latter.

 

“Did I do something?” Yoona asked herself and pouted.

 

 

-

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Woah! It’s good to be back!!!”

 

Sun shines so bright so high in Seoul, indicating that a new day has arrived. One figure stood looking up to the sky, enjoying the sun rays that hits her face while closing her eyes. She smiled when the warm feeling indulge her even for her weak body.  This warm feeling gets warmer when two arms wraps behind her.

 

“Umma… we'll get to see mom and Sulli again.” Came her daughter’s smooth voice to her ears.

 

But the warm inside her mixed with anxiety. Her heart somehow tightens when she thought about fany. The girl still not aware of her sickness and she doesn’t want to see her wife sad. This scares her a lot. But she has no reason to hide her illness. Her wife should be aware no matter what. Her wife has the right to know.

 

“Umma… We’ll be in your side. Don’t worry.” Suddenly Yoona’s voice was heard on her side, the girl is wearing an assuring eyes and smiles. She felt contempt to see Yoona supporting as well.

 

“Yoong, it’s my first time to hear you that.” Seohyun smiled, reaching for Yoona’s hand which the latter hold in tightly and smiled back lovingly.

 

“Oh, before you guys can be so sweet again there. Can you guys help your umma to step inside the car?” came Doctor Charles voice behind, catching all of their attentions—as they chuckled.

 

-

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

In a car [yoonhyun]

 

 

“Hey!” Yoona nudge her fiance on her side once she stop the car for a jam pack traffic. She’s been watching the younger girl on her side for almost 15minutes already, but the latter hasn’t said any words.

 

“Hmmm?” Seohyun looked up, setting aside the magazine.

 

“What’s keeping you busy in that magazine?” asked the puzzled driver. She reaches for Seohyun’s hand and hold it firmly.

 

“It’s a healthy magazine… actually.” Seohyun said, beaming to the thing she just read. “You should start reading that kind of magazine Yoong.”

 

Yoona suddenly laughs; her thoughts were different from what she expect.

 

“Eh? What’s the problem?” 

 

“I-I… thought you were still mad at me.”

 

“Mad?”

 

“Yeah… the thing… with my jealousy? And… about the… nurse back in Paris?”

 

“Oh! The nurse? Why on earth… the nurse joins our conversation? You like… her don’t you?” Seohyun intensely glared, snapping away her hand from Yoona.

 

“Yah!” holding back her fiancé’s left hand, Yoona retorted what her fiancé is saying. “I am not. You were… jealous, aren’t you?” she grins widely.

 

“I’m not.”  Seohyun snaps her hand away again and crosses her two arms near her chest and pouts. But what’s on her face contradicts what she blurted, she’s flushing.

 

Yoona didn’t miss her fiancé’s redden face as she continues to tease. “You were. I actually heard what you mumbles.”

 

“What?” Seohyun turned in disbelief.

 

“You said… ‘Seohyun-ah! Your nerves, Yoongie is just—hmph.” Yoona didn’t finish her sentence when Seohyun covered and glared at her. But eventually give in.

 

“Fine! I am.” Seohyun accepted in defeat, sitting back on her seat and facepalmed. “But that just a little.”

 

“Oh? really? coz even when I said goodbyes to the nurse, you were mumbling something and even stomping your feet… to catch my attention… and-“

 

“YAH!!! STOP IT!!!” Seohyun squeeled while shaking her body.

 

Yoona laughs but still continued. “And you were like… ‘hey, Miss… nurse? You know Yoong is… “

 

“KWON YOONA STOP IT!!!” Seohyun tried to cover her fiance’s mouth but the latter is avoiding it and still continues…

 

“Yoong is… Yah! let… me finish.”

 

“Stop! I said stop.”

 

“No.”

 

“Stop.”

 

“I won’t… and let me… “

 

“Stop.”

 

“Yoong is… taken.”

 

Seohyun sat back in defeat and covered herself out of embracement. She’s freaking feeling butterflies inside as the latter is grinning away from her. Her fiance had successfully beatens her.

 

“I hate you.” Seohyun cried. “You were enjoying this, aren’t you?”

 

Yoona chuckles and leaned closer to pulled Seohyun’s hand, off her and look closely her fiancé’s face. “hehe I’m sorry. Stop it now.” She gently wipes her fiance’s tears off, due to embarrassment.

 

“I hate you.” Seohyun pouted.

 

“But I love you.” Yoona sweetly said as she leans closer and closer to catch her fiancé’s lips. Seohyun closes her eyes and let their heart sync to the sweet kiss.

 

Yoona smiles on their kiss and deepens it more until they needed air to catch their breath. “There… Miss Jealous.” She grins, earning a slap from her fiance in an instant.

 

“YAH!” Seohyun slap Yoona’s arms making Yoona groaned playfully.

 

“It hurts.” Yoona fake a pain, while closing her eyes tightly.

 

“I know that face Kwon Yoona. You can’t buy me.” Seohyun pouted and crosses her arms once again.

 

Realizing that her acts were not buying her keroro girl, Yoona went back to her seat and giggles. “My Jealous Hyunnie is cute.” She remarked, glancing at her fiance’s reaction.

 

Seohyun only rolled her eyes and covered herself from the magazine.

 

 

-

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

In a car [ambulance car]

 

“Mrs. Kim… breathe in and out… breath in and out. Alright… that’s good.” Doctor Charles instructed which Taeyeon did obediently. The doctor is keeping on track with his patient’s breathing. He was anxious to see how the latter’s breathing dropped. He’s not please by the result.

 

“Doctor? Something wrong?” Taeyeon asked, noticing the doctor’s unpleasant look.

 

“The thing is… I’m disappointed. Mrs. Kim… your lungs… it’s getting weaker. The therapies were indeed helpful these past days, but what really intrigues me was… after you’ve lost? You’re hardly breathing now. That’s why we keep you here in the ambulance for a support to your breathing.” Doctor Charles shared sadly. “I don’t want to promise anything… we should do more therapies. The cancer cells might spread… without even us knowing.”

 

Taeyeon could only bit her bottom lip, gulping in to suppress her hinting tears to drop. What’s on her mind contradicts her real health condition. She's been showing a positive condition to her daughter, but deep inside, she's getting weaker. And what's doctor's findings were all true. 

 

“Then… do I still have a chance to live?” she asked, in hope that the doctor will give a positive response.

 

“I can’t say anything about that. I’m sorry.” The doctor can only look down, hiding her sadness from the patient.

 

As much as she tried to hold on her tears, Taeyeon give in. She covered to cry. No, this can’t be. I still have a chance. I wanted to live for them. For Fany, for Sulli and for Seohyun.

 

“No, doctor… please… tell me. I still have… a chance right? To… survive?” she turned to the doctor crying. Her tears flows like a river. A tears of disappointed and tears of guiltiness if someday; she has to leave them—her family.

 

“There is… I believe. You just need to hold on to that faith. And we’ll do everything… let’s work together.” Doctor Charles gives his patient the best assuring smile he can give.

 

Even for she’s already drowning with tears, Taeyeon still held out her hand. “Deal?”

 

Hesitant, the doctor quietly chuckles and accepted the hand of her weak patient. “Deal.”

 

“Right, I’m going to live … for my family. For them. I don’t want… I don’t want... them... suffered of my lost.” Taeyeon continues to convince herself as the car continues to move on their way to their destination. She can fight it. She can win the fight. She doesn’t want to lose. Coz at the end, it’ll be her family would suffer.

 

“I’m glad to hear that Mrs. Kim.”

 

Taeyeon keep herself quite, thinking of the possible things might happen in the next days. In a week, it’s her daughter’s engagement and in  3 weeks, the wedding that she wishes to see with her own eyes.

 

-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A sound of an ambulance car pulling over the entrance of Seoul Hospital echoed throughout the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter