The Best Birthday Present

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

another fast update! ^^

hope youg guys enjoy this one. keke

 

 

 

The Best Birthday Present

 

 

 

 

 

“It was said that Yonghwa-sshi has her documents regarding her transaction with your daughter.”

 

Taeyeon repeated the words that her assistant had told her. 2 hours had passed and yet, she’s still unconvinced to the information she learned. If it’s easy to understand but convincing her mind to accept the truth is hard. Like someone is dead and she refuses to accept the truth.

 

“Your daughter signed the papers before the day of her confession earlier.”

 

It’s her daughter. The fact that it’s her daughter who signed it, the more she refuses to accept what is been done. She, who trusted her the most, failed her expectations. Hard to accept, because for how many years that she build and take care her company; it will just vanished with the use of signature.

 

The thought of all these made Taeyeon massages her temples.

 

“Tae-tae? Seohyun is here.” called Tiffany, peeking her head out the door in her office.

 

With a little nod, Tiffany let her daughter in and left the two to talk.

 

Seohyun suited herself in a chair and started to fiddle her fingers. “Umma… Uh, I have something to confess.” Two confessions in one day, that will never be hard.

 

Taeyeon let out a sighed and listens to her daughter before she speaks.

 

“Umma… the… the company. I know you build it with your own sweats and hard works.” Seohyun paused for a moment to gather her thoughts and when she had finally in her mind to continue she resumes her words.

 

“It’s hard to think that I never give you my help, but I am trying to be productive with the company. I get it when you mentioned to me a month ago… that I will inherit the company you build, at first it’s hard to accept but I got a say that… It’s… beginning to be part of my life.”

 

“SeoHyun. Just get to the point. You are getting me impatient.” Taeyeon suddenly spoke in a cold tone.

 

“Yes?” caught off guard, Seohyun trembles with her umma’s words and the way she delivers it.

 

Taeyeon sighed. “I know. I know now… the reason why are you here. It’s hard to accept but I know you have your reason. So… can I… know this?”

 

“Umma… “ Seohyun lowered her head in shame. “It’s… it’s because… Yonghwa-sshi… he… threatened us. To kill both of us… but I promise to bring the company back.” she determinedly said. Hoping that her umma will be soften.

 

Taeyeon stood with a thud on her hand in the table. “That Yonghwa again?” she surprisingly yelled in front of her daughter.

 

Seohyun nodded, afraid to look up to her umma. “Yes umma.”

 

“He’s getting on my nerves.” Taeyeon gritted her teeth.

 

“Umma… yah! please don’t do anything again. I know you and Yoong has same attitude… and I don’t want to take care 2 stubborn kids.” Seohyun said in a speed.

 

For some reason, Taeyeon find the words of her daughter amusing as she let out a small chuckle. The atmosphere changes to bright when her daughter had let out such an amusing words, well for her.

 

“You do really know how to crack me.” Taeyeon said, sitting back on her leather chair. “Alright, I’ll do something about this, but in legal way… and you know what’s on my mind?”

 

The Kwon’s properties will get affected as well. Since their shares in the company were the Highest one.

 

Taeyeon’s mind remembers her assistant’s words that made her smirked and eye her daughter like telling her not to oppose.

 

“Er, umma? do you have-“

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Get marry with Yoong in a month.”

 

“Yes?”

 

 

-

The next day…

-

 

“Yonghwa is a liar?”

 

“It was revealed on the conference. He admits it.”

 

“I doubt if it’s true.”

 

“Wae? Didn’t you see how Miss Kim cried in front of the press? She loves Miss Kwon so much... and she was never belonged to Yonghwa, like what she said.”

 

“I saw that… and I believe on that… but Yonghwa-sshi should reveal his self not on the video tape.”

 

“Maybe he was scared.”

 

We are here live in Kwon Hotel, Yonghwa-sshi is on his way out…

 

All costumers in Kim restaurant turned their heads, hearing the news in the television.

 

-

 

Hyo stops on her tracks, focusing on the TV screen.

 

Mr. Jung, is video tape real? Did you really lie? And… what’s happening to Kim Corp.?

 

Please, we are in a hurry.

 

Mr. Jung, just a statement.

 

Please…

Mr. Jung.

 

“What’s on the video tape were true. But I am not a liar and regarding about the Kim Corp.? uh, Let Mrs. Kim answers that.”

 

Mr. Jung!!!

 

Mr. Jung!

 

-

 

Hyo shook her head after seeing the chaos on the TV screen.

 

“I told you. That Jung is not a liar.”

 

“Whatever, he did admit that the video is true.”

 

Sooyoung shook her head, following Hyo—hearing what people says.

 

“I thought the problem is over. Aish! I hate those reporters; they keep on following that Yonghwa.” Hyo ruffled her hair, catching Sunny’s attention on her table. She stood up and approaches the latter.

 

“Don’t worry. It’ll just pass like nothing had happened.” Sunny assured a smile. Even herself, she can’t help to worry about the incident yesterday. True that her dongseng’s words were believable but still, there are other people who seem to be judging on the way her dongseng confessed to the public. If it wasn’t for that Yonghwa guy, the rumors shouldn’t be spreading like wild fire. People were now curious to what’s really the real thing between the three.

 

“What’s going on to Kim Corp.? I thought is in a good state now?” Hyo said, sighing at the end of her sentence. Pulling a chair, she sits and pouted.

 

“By the way… who’s birthday is today?” suddenly Sooyoung appeared behind Sunny.

 

Puzzled, Sunny and Hyo asked in unison. “Who?”

 

“It’s… Yoona’s.” Hyo and Sunny literally widened their eyes when they failed to remember their dongseng’s birthday.

 

“Oh my. Seriously. I nearly forgot it.” Hyo whined. “Thanks Soo. No wonder I was being so dramatic over the news… “

 

Sunny and Sooyoung laughs with Hyo’s antics, they patted their friend for a comfort. “Yoona would be so grateful if we were going to visit her. She’s out in the hospital now, right? With all the negative happenings around, we should throw a party for our dongseng.” Sunny asked in excitement.

 

“Yeah… that would be really great.” Sooyoung said in glee.

 

“So? Surprise… birthday party?” Hyo exclaimed.

 

“OMG! FOOD!!!” Sooyoung jumps up and down to the thought of foods.

 

“As if you don’t eat everyday with you as my chef.” Hyo chuckled, giving Sooyoung a high five. Sunny later then joined the two.

 

-

-

 

“Uhmmm… Excuse me?”

 

Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyo literally turned their heads to the source of the voice. A young woman wearing a gray serge cardigan along with stripe tee shirts inside with cardigan shorts is in front of them. Her hair is loosely curled while wearing a nice smirk.

 

Both Sooyoung and Sunny gulped in to the guest they unexpectedly to visit the restaurant.

 

“M-Miss… what can we do for you?” Hyo asked.

 

“Uh, I thought it’s the right place to ask? About… Yoona?”

 

“Yes?” the trio exclaimed on the mention of their dongseng.

 

-

 

Kim’s Residence

 

“Tae-tae… hurry!!!” Tiffany called out loud. Ready for their youngest recital, Tiffany can’t put any words on how excited she is to see her child do a duet with Krystal. It’s been a while since their last rehearsal and she’s quite anxious about how will her child performed what she rehearsed.

 

“Mom! Umma… Hurry!!!! Its 9am already!!!” Sulli who can’t wait anymore jumps up and down on her seat in the car. She peek her head out to call her parents.

 

“I’m on in. wait a minute.” Taeyeon shouted upstairs, gathering her things to record her child’s performance.

 

With one last pulled on the door to lock it, she climbs down the stairs and hurriedly locks the main door of the house. She saw Sulli and her wife already in the car and without anymore thinking; she steps in and drove off.

 

*ring ring ring~

 

“Honey! Are you there already?” asked Tiffany the moment she answered the phone.

 

“Mom, I’ll try… Yoona is still on her deep slumber. I can’t leave her alone.”

 

“Unnie… it’s okay!!!” Sulli suddenly yelled, hearing the voice of her sister. “Just take care of Yoona unnie. It’s her birthday today right?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter