Chapter 20: Yoong vs. Yong?

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong vs. Yong?

 

 

 

 

“What?” The Kwons frowned.

 

Surprised with their friend’s announcement, they stayed silent—still comprehending what they just heard.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand stayed silent as well, thinking of how will she going to explain it.

 

After a minute of silence, Yuri was the first one to speak.

 

“Alright, let’s talk about this slowly and… clearly.” Yuri started, turning her head to Taeyeon and back to her wife. The latter nodded their heads.

 

“So… Tae… what is… this about you wanted… from out daughter?”  asked Yuri, seriously to Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

Clearing , Taeyeon compose herself to prepare her explanation. “I… uhmmm… basically thinking of… I mean, since the investment will be due this Tuesday… I was thinking of much better move to… you know… somehow help both our companies. If you may ask, I know you guys know the bankruptcy that Kim Corp. is facing right now… and… Yoong was really the best choice for this.”

 

“I… don’t want to be greedy or something, but… I wanted… to see Yoong’s performance. I mean, how she is… really in Business.”

 

Jessica listened carefully to every word that Taeyeon has been saying, not really knowing how to react.

 

“Are… you saying that… “

 

Clearing once again, Taeyeon leaned forward or her seat. “I… want to hire Yoong as a… special representative, from your company.”

 

“Tae… is this… some kind of challenge?” breaking her silence, Jessica stared calmly to her friend across them.

 

“A challenge… “ Taeyeon muttered. Never did she thought about this. she just wanted to see if Yoong can really be a responsible person when it comes to business then she can conclude whether she’ll approve her daughter’s relationship with Kwon’s daughter.

 

“Yes! You sounds really like that.”

 

Challenge, am I really? Taeyeon thought on her mind. The word challenge is yet describing what she really wanted from the doe-eyed girl.

 

“Tae… were you?” Yuri asked, in confirmed.

 

“I don’t know how to describe it… but… I guess… it’s really like that.” Taeyeon replied, fidgeting on her fingers.

 

Jessica sighed. as much as she wanted to this ridiculous ideas of her friend, she can’t—knowing that it will somehow benefits them. After all, this was before their plan—keeping close to Seohyun’s umma so that the latter will agree to their love for each other.

 

She leaned to the cushion and took another deep breath. “Alright, I think it’s not that bad.”

 

“Sica… you sure about this?”

 

“Well, seobang… thinking about our status in the company, We really have to work with each other. Besides, both companies were in need with each other.” Jessica said, as a matter of fact.

 

Nodding her head, Yuri looks back to Taeyeon across them. “Any plans to start this partnership?”

 

Taeyeon smiled warmly, staring to the both Kwons who just made their decision. “Well, I am actually invited for a conference in London. It’s an annual Business conference… there, we can sum up more investors or…  might be, an expansion for both companies… you know, the Kwon Hotel… as well as the Kim Corp.” taeyeon pause for a moment as before she utters her next words…

 

“Thank You… Jess… Yul… you guys… are really good.” She thanked sincerely.

 

Jessica smiled coyly, though hesitant to speak out her thoughts. I’m sorry Tae… I’m really sorry. She thought on her mind, staring at Taeyeon’s wide smiles towards Yuri.

 

If I can just speak now… But I know… Yoona won’t let me. she reminded herself once again.

 

“Yah!” Yuri nudges her wife, noticing her deep thoughts.

 

Taken aback, Jessica punch playfully her wife’s arm.

 

“You guys are really cute.” Taeyeon commented, making Yuri and Jessica look at Taeyeon with blushes on their faces.

 

“Much cuter with you and fany?” grinning away, Yuri snap back.

 

“Uh… “ Taeyeon felt herself blush too, looking away from Yuri’s stare.

 

“By the way… “ Jessica interrupted. “How many days is this… London conference?” she asked, somehow she felt like this will be a bit too long, fearing her that she’ll miss her daughter much..

 

“It was said that… it will be 2 weeks.”

 

“2 weeks?” Jessica gasped. Being in a way for her daughter hasn’t stock on her mind, let alone the 2weeks of not seeing her daughter. She’s going to miss her daughter.

 

“Why? Something wrong?”

 

Yes there is!

 

“Uh, nothing.” Jessica timidly said.

 

“Sica… you okay?” Jessica nodded slowly, assuring her wife that she’s okay but deep inside is totally opposite.

 

For two weeks only Sica… you can just call her from time to time though. Jessica thought.

 

“Jess… Yul… want to have a… lunch together?”

 

-

-

 

Yoona carefully supported Seohyun on her way to her bedroom. Seohyun wasn’t been on her good health ever since the kidnapping last night, scaring Yoona a bit. Tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter