There's no word as 'too late'

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

There's no word as 'too late'

 

 

 

If I had to run

If I had to crawl

If I had to swim a hundred rivers

Just to climb a thousand walls

Always know that I would find a way

To get to where you are

There's no place that far

 

 

 

Seohyun hums the song, that was playing over her earphone while reading a book. She was in the plane, on her way to London. As she waits the plane to land, she keeps herself busy by reading and if she feels sleeping, she would nap for just 20-30mins only. Her mind was entirely occupied by her umma’s health. If she could just put herself into her umma’s position, she’ll do it without thinking twice. But how can she? She can’t do anything but just to pray to God that her umma will be okay. She sighed of the thought and leaned her back to her seat. She put the book on her chest and took a deep breath.

 

“I wonder how umma is doing right now. Is she talking to my fiancé, right now?” she constantly asked herself.

 

 

-

-

 

 

London

 

“Having a jetlag?” Ellen, representative of Kwon Internationals London, asked Yoona. She noticed how the doe eyed girl is dozing off every now and then. Instead of looking out the window, the doe eyed girl was crossing her two arms and leaning her back to her seat as she constantly doze off on her seat.

 

Half-close eyes, Yoona arch her eyebrows. She yawns in an instant before answering the French girl. “Not at all… it’s just… too cold in here.”

 

“I’m sorry for the weather. But don’t worry; the hotel has its fire place. You can enjoy there.”

 

“Thank you.” Yoona smiled a little as she yawns again, hugging tightly her own. It should be my baby I am hugging here, not myself. Aigoo… why must Hyo unnie separate us.

 

“Uhmm… Miss Kwon… I-I… I’m sorry, earlier. I-I… have to drag you.” Mr. Vaughn said, looking over the rear view mirror.

 

Yoona just chuckled a little. “It’s nothing.”

 

“By the way Miss Kwon. What’s the real reason of your sudden visit?” asked Ellen, quite curious. Knowing the chaos happening in Korea, it would’ve been advice if Yoona stays in Korea rather than traveling.

 

*yawns~

 

“My aunt. I was invited.” Yoona simply said.

 

“Is she staying at the hotel we are about to reach?”

 

“Uh, yeah… are we getting there?”

 

“We are… just one more street. Oh, we’ll get to see the tower. Do you want us to stop over?” Ellen offered, it’s the doe eyes 2nd time in London, and last time—the doe eyed girl didn’t got the chance to have a look.

 

“It’s okay… I’ll visit that when my fiancé arrives.” Yoona closes her eyes while listening to the French girl.

 

Ellen smiled and nodded in understanding. “So it’s still here?”

 

Yoona’s eyes shut open; she titled her head to Ellen, surprised that the girl knows about her girl.

 

“How… “

 

“Miss Kwon. The company is just too big that we got to hear all the news there from here.” Ellen said as a matter of fact. Amused to Yoona's innocence.

“Oh, I see… fail me for not even thinking about it.” Yoona rubs the back of her neck and leaned her back again. She was getting more tired every second. She didn’t have the best sleep in the plane, causing her to be exhausted.

 

-

-

 

“Sleep for a while Miss Kwon. We’ll wake you up when we get there.”

 

-

-

 

The beautiful scenery of London is giving a certain warm feeling to Taeyeon’s body. She was at the balcony having her lunch with her doctor. She smiled upon seeing a bird came near the balcony—as if wanting to be feed.

Reaching for a corn, she throw it and the bird quickly eat it.

 

“Your chemo therapy is doing good Mrs. Kim. You don’t have to be worry with your continuous coughs. It’s part of the disease. Just drink the medicine on time before we could perform another radiation therapy.” The doctor said, earning Taeyeon’s bright smile.

 

“Like what I said, It’s never too late. It was really a relief that you actually followed our advice and quickly flew here.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled. She turned her attention to the doctor and grabs the new report files from her therapy. “I’m indeed doing well. Thank You doctor.”

 

“Your welcome, oh! by the way… do we still have to talk to your daughter in law? Or you’ll talk to her instead?”

 

“Nada… don’t bother. I’ll talk to her.”

 

Nodding his head in understanding, the doctor smiled warmly to her patient. Somehow, giving his patient a faith to live is becoming his habit and he loves it. It’s his first time to have a patient like Taeyeon that would always treat them nicely and even gives gifts.

 

“You surely love your family, aren’t you?”

 

Taeyeon arch her eyebrows, she crosses her two arms and answered. “Well, in this life. It’s always our family that  would support and joins you in every part of this journey. As long as we are living comfortably and... love gives us the fire to live. I couldn’t think any negative thoughts anymore. I am fighting, to live… for my family.”

 

“I love that.” the doctor commented.

 

Taeyeon laughs on her words. Amuse that it’s her first time to hear herself like that. Maybe because, she was drown by her braveness. Braveness to hold on, for the happiness, that she wanted to give to her family.

 

“Anyway.” The doctor glances on her watch, before calling the nurse. “Let her in.”

 

Taeyeon smiled to the nurse and give her an assuring okay sign. The nurse began to push Taeyeon on her wheelchair and gets her inside the room.

 

“I’ll be back to check your blood Mrs. Kim. I guess… by 5pm. I’m already here… and we’ll replace your dextrose if needed.” the doctor said before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter