The Sunflower Music Box

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

@bedfnails - No i am not. I'm only fond with literature. keke 

@soshi9_4ever - omo sorry for torturing you! T_T

@TheSolstice23 -  :))

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Sunflower Music Box

 

 

5 people stood patiently outside the surgery room. A young woman is on the bench, praying continuously. Another young woman is standing, pacing back and forth while praying and the older one who stood behind, finding herself staring at the small glass window as her heart pound so fast.

For 8 hours, Seohyun, Yoona and Fany didn’t find any chance to utter any word. After the doctor have decided for a surgery, all they could feel is fear and guiltiness. Guilty because they feel that they’re the reason why Taeyeon collapses. Why Taeyeon’s chest tightens and why Taeyeon have to undergo surgery again.

 

After another hour of waiting, Yoona is getting sleepy. It’s nearly 4am already and yet, Fany hasn’t eaten. She and Seohyun were all worried as the latter never say a word after Taeyeon have collapse.

 

“Aunt Fany… I-I’m… sorry.” Yoona suddenly spoke, catching Seohyun’s attention on the bench.

 

“I’m sorry… it wasn’t my intention… I am… just.” Yoona pasued, holding her tears to drop again. “Disappointed. That… even this little thing. You were… “

 

“No I’m sorry.” Fany cut her off, slowly sitting on the floor as she buried herself on her palms. “I just can’t… really… get myself happy with Taeyeon’s condition.” She sobs.

 

Heaving a breath, Yoona excuses herself without any word. Seohyun was about to follow when the surgery room opens its door, revealing a sweaty doctor with his team.

 

“Doctor? What-what happened?” Seohyun quickly questioned, blocking the doctor’s way.

 

Doctor Charles look behind Seohyun, noticing Fany on the floor. He went back his gazes to the younger girl and opens his mouth to speak.

 

“Taeyeon is… unconscious at the moment. It was difficult to have her surgery in her condtition right... But… I can’t tell if she’s already safe.” The French doctor in his 30’s shared sadly.

 

“Thank You.” Seohyun replied as she bows.

 

“No Prob.” Doctors Charles smiled warmly, patting the younger girl’s shoulder, before leaving.

 

Heaving a sighed, Seohyun went back to her seat and just then, Taeyeon’s body lying in a bed emerge from the surgery room with Doctor Charles’ team.

 

“Mom?” Seohyun called softly. “Aren’t you following?” she asked, as she was about to follow.

 

“I’ll follow later.” Fany can only respond with another gloomy tone.

 

“Mom… I know it’s hard. But we have to be strong. Umma is doing its best to survive, please… let’s support her.” Seohyun looks down, finding herself encouraging her own mom to do the same.

 

Gulping in, Fany stood and sat in the bench. “I’m trying my best to convince myself Hyun. It’s just… really hard. But I can’t help myself to think negative.”

 

Seohyun keeps herself quite. She feels empathy towards her mom. If there’s one person that can understand her mom’s feelings, it’s always her. What her mom is feeling, she can feel it too. That’s why, she’s having a difficult time to convince her mom to do as she wanted.

 

“Hyun, I’m sorry. I’m just out of my mind. My emotions have taken me over. Hopefully-“

 

Fany didn’t even finishes her sentence when a pair of arms wraps around her behind. Immediately, her heart warms but she shivered at the contact. Maybe because she missed the warm embrace of her daughter.

 

“Mom. Please… stop it. You don’t have to say sorry. I was wrong too. I hid it. I hid the truth.” Seohyun holds tightly fany on her arms.

 

Slowly, fany holds her daughter’s two hands—caressing it gently. For some reason, she smiled and rested her head to Seohyun’s cheeks. “Lets blame your umma rather than blaming ourselves.”

 

Seohyun chuckles heartedly when she heard it. Her hold tightens as she felt herself being drown by her umma’s touches. “Lets scold her later.” She added.

 

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Next morning…

 

Sun shines so high brightly in Hyo’s restaurant as she locked it together with Sooyoung. Why are they locking it? It’s because they’re going to join the Kims on looking over Taeyeon who has been unconscious for about 20 hours already.

 

Just when they are about to step inside the car, Hyo’s phone rings.

 

Caller id: Yoong Choding

 

Hyo arches her eyebrows when she reads the caller id.

 

“Who’s that?” asked Sooyoung, waiting patiently for Hyo to answer it.

 

“Uh, I think this is too personal. I’ll answer this first.” Hyo said, distancing herself from the latter.

 

“Hey dude.” Hyo answered with grins on her face.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“yeah dude?” Hyo snickered.

 

Yoona’s chuckle was heard over the phone as well, making Hyo smiled. “Uhmm… I’ll just… no…. can I ask a favor?”

 

Hyo arches her eyebrows again. Confuse and curious why Yoona’s voice is quite crack. “Anything for you dude.”

 

“Can you tell Hyunnie that I will be away for quite some time? I just really need some time to think. I can’t take it there. I feel like I am the baddest person… It’s my fault why Taeyeon umma is still unconscious.”

 

“Oh Gosh Yoong. Why would you feel like that?” Hyo groaned. Hate the way the choding is blaming herself.

 

“Unnie… it’s complicated. I made a mistake. Please do tell hyunnie that I won’t ditch our wedding. This is only temporary, I needed time for myself.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yep… and do tell her… that I will… always love her.”

 

“Is this a goodbye?”

 

“Yah! I’m serious.”

 

“Yeah I know… please come back soon. okay? Hyun will surely be missing you a lot.”

 

“I know unnie. I know… so please do this for me.”

 

“You’re not going to kill yourself don’t you?”

 

“Aish! I really hate talking to you.”

 

“Then why did you call?”

 

“Aish!”

 

-tot-tot-tot.

 

Hyo chuckles when she heard the phone ended. Even for a serious moment, she eventually made her best friend groaned and somehow she felt relief that Yoong is only leaving for temporary. But who knows what will happen?

 

“Aigoo… these kids. Why can’t they just be happy without all of these happening?” Hyo mumbles to herself, placing back her phone on her pocket.

 

“Was that Yoong?” Hyo literally turned in surprised to Sooyoung on her back, realizing that the latter is still there waiting for her to step inside the car.

 

“Yeah yeah… just asking a favor.” Hyo replied, stepping inside the car.

 

“What favor?” curiousity overcomes Sooyoung, starting the engine.

 

“Nada… I’ll tell when I mentioned this to Hyun.” Hyo shrugs.

 

“Oh okay.” Sooyoung can only nodded in understanding as they drove off.

 

-

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Cafeteria [Seoul Hospital]

 

In a corner of a busy cafeteria, 3 people sat in a round table. With Seohyun in Taeyeon’s ward, Jessica, Tiffany and Yuri were in the said cafeteria. Awkward meets their sense the moment they saw each other earlier in the hallway. Even if Tiffany doesn’t want to talk about what she had done, she was convinced by her daughter to tell the Kwons about their decisions.

 

Bracing herself, Tiffany took a deep breath to begin the conversation. “I and my daughter had already decided.”

 

“I don’t like this.” Jessica mutters.

 

“Sica?” Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, telling the latter to keep quite.

 

“It’s okay Yul… I just wanted you guys to know… that there’s still an engagement ceremony. I’m not going to cancel it anymore.” Fany said as a matter of fact. After series of talks from her daughter earlier, Seohyun finally convinced her mom to do still the ceremony. For a reason of Taeyeon’s sake.

 

“Wow! So it’s only Taeyeon who can change your mind huh?” Jessica scoffed, looking away from Fany.

 

“Fany I’m sorry.” Yuri apologize in behalf of her wife’s behavior.

 

“Oh God. Don’t apologize Yul. Why would you?” Jessica glared, earning Yuri's frustration.

 

“Stop it. Please?” Yuri outburst surprisingly.

 

“Yul… please…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter