The Feather

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The Feather

 

 

A loud sound is blasting Yoona’s car, amidst to her fiancé call. She keeps on singing the song in a high voice until she had to stop it when a traffic blocks her way.

 

She leaned on her back and sighed. Her mind was still in a certain ahjumma and her daughter, keeping her boil with anger and frustration. If she didn’t hold her anger earlier, she would’ve blurted all the mean words in her mind at that time.

 

*ring ring ring~

 

She rolled her eyes once she heard her phone. Knowing who is calling her, she ignore it as she blast the music into its highest volume again. But her phone keeps on ringing, to her annoyed. She stops the music and answers the phone.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Uh, Miss Kwon? We have good news.”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The court has spoken. Yonghwa was finding guilty to the cases that The Kwons and Kims filed for him. It was now expecting that the Kwons and Kims are merging their companies for a better industry in the near future.

 

“OMG!!! GUYS!!! WE WON!!!”

 

“Another party?”

 

“ANOTHER PARTY!!!”

 

“Umma… what’s with the noise?” Sulli went out from her bedroom, rubbing her eyes. She was forced to wake up when she heard the loud noises in the house.

 

“Uh, they’re just celebrating for our win honey. Come join us.” Tiffany offered a hand for her daughter which the latter accepted it with joyfulness.

 

“Yeah!!! So what are your plans? For sure, Yoona is going to be the happiest girl on earth. No more hindrance for the wedding.”

 

“Wait up. What about Taeyeon?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“You know how Taeyeon had already accepted our Yoong Sooyoung-ah! So don’t worry about it.” Jessica said, handing Sooyoung a glass of juice.

 

“Oh yeah… “ Sooyoung mutters.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Hmm… “

 

She mumbles on her sleep and later, she slowly opens her eyes. A bright white room quickly blinded her visions as soon as she got better vision. Fully strange to the environment around her, she tried to get up but two hands pushed her gently back on her bed. She got curious and her right. there, she saw an asian look guy—smiling.

 

“You are finally awake.” The guy said, wearing an eyeglass. To her surprised, the guy leaned closer and whispered… “Can you tell me what happened and your name?”

 

She stunned but she can’t move yet, due to her weak body. Fully understand what the guy has asked her. She tried to recall what happened yesterday. The reason why she is in an unknown place.

 

“What happened was… unexplainable.” She said in a low voice, clearing to start her story.

 

“I was… I was… with my daughter, that time. We are so happy, having a good time. We made a lot of funny poses and a lot of random things.” She paused for a while and turned her gazes to the window on her left, which views the tower of Paris. “When we find a street that offers a lot of varieties of Paris Pride. We didn’t think twice and tried a lot of things. Later then we got exhausted and together, we… sat on a bench. My daughter… she-she… left to buy me an ice cream… “ she turned her head again to the ‘doctor’ as she recognized.

 

“Then what happened after that?” the doctor asked.

 

“I don’t know… It’s like… something have caught my attention... and I follow it. It flew so I tried to reach it. Until I find myself into an unknown street. The street was quite… peaceful.”

 

“What thing is that? I mean… that thing that catches your attention?” asked the doctor, corssing it's two arms near his chest.

 

She pauses for a moment and took a deep breath. “It’s… a feather.”

 

“A feather?”

 

“Yeah… a white feather that... shines so bright... i don't know, but something had posses me to reach it. It’s like… if I’m going to reach that feather, it’ll lead me… home, in Seoul.” she bit her bottom lip, recalling what she saw yesterday that gives her shivers.

 

The doctor stayed silent and analyzes what her patient just blurted. As a doctor, he never believes in things like that but as she watches the girl speaking, he could think, how can it be so real.

 

“Did you… successfully reach for that feather?”

 

“I don’t know… but… before my visions went black, I saw the feather right in the corner of my eyes.” She shared, smiling weakly to the doctor on her side.

 

“Hmm… that explains why you are here. I saw you in the street, lying unconscious.” The doctor stood and walk over to the window.

 

“I’m thankful.” She mutters, staring at the back figure of the doctor.

 

Turning around, the doctor spoke again. “It’s my pleasure. I’m Dr. Park by the way. So… what’s yours?”

 

“Kim Taeyeon… Kim Taeyeon is the name.” the girl weakly informed.

 

 

-

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

London.

 

“Really! I can’t believe her.” Seohyun paces back and forth, trying to reach Yoona’s phone, but the latter is not picking up. it’s been an hour of calling and still, the doe eyed girl is not picking, much to her frustration.

 

“Aish!” Seohyun exclaimed, before she grabs her car keys and her bag and dash out the room.

 

-

-

 

Yoona’s POV

 

Walking in to a dusty apartment, I pass a lot of judging eyes. There were all stunned to see an Asian like me, walking to the hallway. I just keep on bowing as a respect. There were old ones, young and even some addicts. Aigoo seriously, what kind of place is this? I know I don’t have the right to judge, but seriously, people like this in our society should be took care by the government. They have the right to live a comfortable place. They’re not like pigs that don’t care about the place they live on. They’re all humans. Anyway, I should concentrate on looking to this room.

 

“Room… 105”

 

I heard a woman not quite far murmuring something. Quickly, I approach her and hand her the piece of paper. She nodded and she lead me to 3rd floor of this apartment.

 

As we were waiting for the elevator to open, she asked me the reason why I am here but I stayed silent until she spoke again.

 

“That room is owned by Doctor Park. He’s a physician here.”

 

“Omo! Really? that means… “

 

“Were you the relative of his new patient?” I nodded in respond.

 

“You know… Doctor Park saw him on a street just nearby, unconscious that explains why she’s here.”

 

“Thank You so much.” I keep on bowing to her as she just keep on waving her hand to me, telling me that it’s okay.

 

Later then, I was lead to another hallway. She keeps on talking about how good is Doctor Park, he’s the doctor of their town and that all of them were so thankful to have him as a doctor. Seriously, I thank God that he send Dr. Park to rescue Aunt Tae.

 

I may be jealous by how my fiancé is being worried as hell for her, but I don’t think I should continue my jealousy. I know Taeyeon didn’t do this in purpose. There must be a reason why she actually left her daughter and was lost unconscious to an unknown street.

 

“Miss… “ the girl lead me another room as I bowed in thanks. Once I get inside, old furniture’s greeted me.

 

“Please have a seat. I’ll call Doctor Park.” She said and left. Sitting on a couch, I observe all the things inside this apartment. From old music box to an old piano on the side. Though old, they stood so elegant in my eyes.

 

A door opens, snap me out as I turned to see her again. “You can enter the room now.” She said.

 

The moment she utter those words, my heart beats faster. I know I shouldn't be feeling like this—nervous. But my fear of seeing Taeyeon in a weak condition is beating me. I shouldn’t be here in the first place, but what drags me here? is this because I care and love this ahjumma? Or is it because, I was guilty? That I do nothing last night, to find her?

Aigoo, whatever it is. The fact that I know she’s okay, I will be fine.

 

“Doctor Park. She’s here.” the nurse, I guess? Said as I entered the room that was fully painted with white. The paint inside this room is way too different from outside. It's more comfortable here as I look at it.

 

As I continue looking around, my eyes caught a girl, lying in bed. She had a life machine supporting her and a dextrose next to her. when I realize that it was Aunt Taeyeon, I quickly rush and check on her.

 

“Aunt Tae… are you okay? Omo! Wake up! you ahjuma!!!” I shake her arms, in attempt to wake her up but she wasn’t.

 

“Uh, Miss… she just slept. Don’t force her.” said the doctor behind me.

 

Looking up, I bowed in apology and sat next to Aunt Taeyeon. “Ahjumma… we were worried so much to you. Where have you been?” I asked, gently her hair.

 

“She told me about something that I can’t understand.” Surprisingly, Doctor Park spoke, startling me a little.

 

“Something? What Is it?” I asked in confusion. What is this old man talking? He can’t understand? The heck.

 

“She said, the reason wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter