A Kiss of Assurance

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 update!

 

a full yoonhyun chapter. keke

but a short chapter.

 

 

 

 

A Kiss of Assurance

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

“Ahhh… “ I winced in pain when suddenly my head throbs. If it wasn’t for Yoong earlier, I would’ve died now. Yoong saves me and I’m thankful of that.

 

I wander as I rub my eyes. It didn’t take any seconds when I realized that I was back in my penthouse. Yoong must be afraid of mom if she’s going to see me like this. I cautiously jump off from the bed as I massage my throbbing head. For some reason, I got thirsty all of a sudden, so i decided to go out for a drink after i've wake up.

 

The house is too silent that only the heavy rains could be heard, but when I was about to turned the knob to open. I heard two voices outside. Two familiar voices, that I decided to eavesdrop.

 

Look, dongseng… Seohyun just can’t really get over yet. Don’t rush her.  Hyo unnie? She’s here?

 

She can’t get over? Yeah… she is… and now… she’s actually planning to break up with me.

It breaks my heart when I heard Yoong utter those words. I should’ve thought twice before speaking. I don’t think Yoona will forgive me for even planning on leaving her.

 

So you wanted to leave just because Seohyun wanted to break up with you? Yah! I am telling you. It’s Taeyeon why you are about to leave the country. It’s taeyeon’s sickness. It’s her. not your problem with your fiancé. I advise you to solve your problem first with Seohyun before you go there.

 

What? umma? does… she… has… some illness? What is Hyo unnie talking about? Yoong will leave the country? for what?

 

Just then, my mind flashes back. And my tears uncociously drops.

 

Flashback…

 

4 days ago… Taeyeon’s departure.

 

“Umma… can I put your luggage in the car now? It’s all in here. Is it alright?”

 

“Uh… yeah… go ahead honey.” Came Taeyeon’s low voice inside the bathroom. She coughed along her line, making Seohyun to approach the latter.

 

“Uhmm… umma… Is everything alright there?” she asked in concern.

 

“Y-yup… honey. I’m okay. I’m finishing up my toothbrush here. That’s why.”

 

“You sure?”

 

*cough-cough-cough.

 

“Seohyun-ah!” fany called out loud outside the room, catching Seohyun’s attention. She decided to ignore what her umma is doing inside and left the room, but still bothered with what she have heard.

 

“Umma… I’ll be back… “

 

-

End of flashback…

 

 

Without anymore thinking, I turned the knob opens and revealed myself.

 

“I’ll go with you.” I said, determined to see my umma. I know I can’t be strong enough to see her weak, but I have to be strong. For my umma, and for the family.

I wipe off the tears that keep on dropping as I continued to speak, locking my gaze to my fiancé.

 

I brace myself and speak with my heart. “Don’t bother me… anymore. Because… I-I… don’t think its right... to give you headaches. It’s my umma’s life we are talking about here. I don’t want to be a burden.” I told her sincerely, hoping that she gets what I mean.

 

Despite the confusions throughout these past days. I don’t think I should still insist it. Knowing my umma’s health.

 

“Baby… “ she said under her breath. I guess she gets what I mean as I smiled and nodded my head.

 

“Oh, uhmmm… I guess… I’ll call for tickets now...” Hyo unnie grins before she left us. I look down and slowly sat on the couch fiddling.

 

“Yoong… when did you know about this?”

 

I sense that she sat beside me, inches apart before answering me. “Earlier, when I visited you. Your umma called... You heard it all?”

 

I continuously wipe the tears off from my eyes while crying silently. “I… don’t know exactly what to say.” My heart shatters over and over again. After I have enough with Yoong, I don’t think I can survive anymore with these new information I’ve learn. True that I suspected it from the start, but it’s more painful to know the truth. The truth that I can never deny and this will be hardest part of my life. My family, I'm scared to see their reactions.

 

-

 

 

Slowly, Yoong inches closer to me and she reaches for my hand that was continuously wiping my tears off. She look at me lovingly and kisses the back of my hand.

 

“Don’t worry… we’ll… bring your umma healthy and alive. I promise you that.” she whispered.

 

“What exactly is my umma’s illness Yoong?” I asked without thinking twice.

 

She got silent and just gently squeezes my two hands. She sighed and looks at me seriously again.

 

“If I’m going to say that she has a cancer, will you… “

 

“What? Yoong? Ca-cancer? That’s…. that’s… “ I clench and trembles. Cancer is not an ordinary illness. It needs a year or so to heal the patient. “Why on earth umma have this? Is this means God had already decided? Does He wanted to take my umma away from us, this early? Yoong… tell me… she’s… she’s… actually… alright…“

 

Yoong quickly embraces me tightly as I keep on crying. “Hey! Be strong. Okay… be strong. Your umma doesn’t like you like that.”

My umma… My umma that always gives me advice and gives everything from the start. The ever so kind umma, understanding and lovable towards me and to my family. Even for her strict appearance, umma is the best mother I ever had.

 

“Yoong… please… tell me that they have mistaken to diagnose my umma… “ I sob, clutching tightly to her arms. It's anothe pain that i don't know how to handle.

 

“Shshshsh… don’t speak. After this, I don’t want to see you cry anymore. You have to be strong, for your umma… and for your family.”

 

My fiance's word somehow give me courage to handle this, as I nodded and nodded.

 

“I’m sorry. I was stupid to even put another burden to you. You were mad right?” I keep on crying, realizing that I was a big burden for her to fly to London.

 

“I am not. I just got… over emotional with things happening in our life. If it wasn’t you… I don’t think I can handle two problems at a time. Although you are frustrating me. I guess… it adds my braveness to face the problem.”

 

“Yoong… I’m really sorry.” I said sincerely. I am really stupid. How can I let Yoong handle this? it should be me, not her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter