Chapter 21:Bad Dream

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

an update! ^^

 

 

 

 

 Bad Dream

 

-

-

 

Taeyeon leaned back on her leather chair, thinking about her daughter’s relationship with Yoona again. As much as she wanted to convince herself to accept the fact that her daughter is in love with a Kwon, she can’t yet tell it truthfully that she have trusted Yoona already.

She sighed upon realizing that she’s thinking about it again.

 

“Alright, Tae… you just need to accept Yoona. you know how much she loves your daughter… your eldest daughter.” Taeyeon reminded herself. It’s not like she doesn’t want Yoona for her daughter, it’s just… she’s not ready yet to give her own daughter to someone else. She still has a lot of plans for her including transferring the ownership of Kim Corp to her eldest daughter, and this won’t be possible if her daughter keeps on declining her offer on taking over the company. She still had to convince her daughter on this.

 

She was about to stood up from her chair when she heard her phone vibrated. Quickly grabbing it, she widened her eyes in surprised to see who’s calling her—Yoona.

 

“Hello.” She answered softly.

 

“Uh, Mrs. Kim?” came a soft voice to the other line.

 

“Yeah… who else.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes, sitting back on her leather chair.

 

“Uhmmm… I know this too sudden, but I need your help.”

 

“What? did something bad happened to Seohyun?” Taeyeon yelled, holding the edge of her desk—quite surprised.

 

“Oh, no-no-no Mrs. Kim… she’s alright.”

 

Taeyeon sighed in relief, leaning back again. “I thought-never mind… so what is it that you wanted me to help you?”

 

“Can… I mean… Mrs. Kim… “

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Uhmmm… may I know what food that your daughter like the most? I mean, for sure… Hyunnie has a favorite food that you always cook for her, that she always likes to have when you cook for her.”

 

For a moment, Taeyeon was silence. “She loves my spicy shrimps… Yoong.” Taeyeon said softly, reminiscing the past when she and only her eldest daughter enjoying their own lunch

 

“Mrs. Kim… can I somehow know your… secret on cooking that?”

 

“If I’m going to tell you my secret… what will be the price?”

 

“uhmmm… “

 

“You don’t need to answer. Yoona… If you think it geniusly, you will get what I mean.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Just like business… you can only attract buyers if you have the unique design or unique style on handling them. It will be easier for you to sale all of these if you are dedicated… confident and most off all... love and enjoys what you are doing.”

 

“Mrs… Kim… that… “

 

“…”

 

Silence echoed in Taeyeon’s ear. Yoona would’ve been in deep thoughts after she said those things.

 

After like a mere of seconds, Yoona finally speaks again. “Mrs. Kim… T-Thank… you.”

 

Taeyeon smiled with the respond. She stood up once again and faces the building behind her. “Don’t thank me first… thank me if my daughter has approved your dish.”

 

“I will call later… to thank you… Mrs. Kim.”

 

“I will wait then.”

 

-

-

 

Yonghwa put all his ingredients into a one corner, preparing for his dish. Chef Lee who seems to do not understand what is happening just let the two cooked their own dishes. He decided not to teach them but instead, judge their own capability of cooking.

 

While Yonghwa is already preparing for his ingredients, Yoona is still rummaging for what seems to be a unique spicy shrimp that she wished Hyunnie will like it.

 

After like 15mins of choosing her ingredients, she put them on her own counter and organize them according to their use. She’s not a good cook but she can cook well, like her parents would always tell her.

 

“Uh, so guys… ready? I will set the time now.” Chef lee said, showing her stop watch. Both Yoona and Yonghwa look at each other with determined look before they focus on their teacher in front of them.

 

“Yes Chef.” They both said in unison.

 

/whistle.

 

Instantly as the whistle was heard, Yoona and Yonghwa begins their work. They were given for an hour to finish such a dish on their mind.

 

-

 

Instead of cooking spicy shrimps, Yoona chooses to cook her fiance’s favorite, gugoma but with a twist. She’s going to cook a sweet potato fries and Sausage Sweet Potato Casserole for main dish. Yonghwa eyed her weirdly for bringing a lot of sweet potatoes on her table.

 

“What a simple dish.” Yonghwa muttered.

 

“Mind your own business you toothy guy.” Yoona said, already peeling the sweet potatoes. She also boiled water for her sweet potato fries.

 

Yonghwa look away, he then focus on his ingredients in front of him.

-

 

After peeling and grinding her sweet potatoe’s, Yoona then cook the pasta accordingly. While she cooks the pasta, she cooks the sausage, sweet potatoes, green pepper and onion in oil over medium and heats it for five minutes. She watches Yonghwa on the side busy also for her dish.

After heating it all, she added garlic to cook for another 1minute and drained them. After that, she added tomatoes, cream salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. She Drained pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Then transfer them to a greased as she bake them and sprinkled cheese. She baked it uncovered at 350° for 25-30 minutes.

 

-

-

While waited for it to be cooked, Yoona proceeded to make a sweet potato fries which is just too easy. While she does this, Yonghwa on the side is already finishing his own dish which is a Japanese style of hamburger steak called ‘Hamubagu’.

 

-

-

Chef Lee check on her time, it’s 15 mins. Left before the cooking battle ends so she checks on their respective work if they’re doing good. He first takes a look Yoona’s side that is already opening the big oven to pull out her pride.

 

“Whoa!!! This seems to be… “ chef lee inhaled the armor coming from Yoona’s dish. “Good.” He added.

 

“Wow! That looks… delicious Miss Kwon.” Yonghwa commented, trying to take a look to Yoona’s dish.

 

Yoona chuckled. She take a look Yonghwa’s dish too. “Well, I guess… yours too.”

 

*B-Bring the boys OUT~

 

Chef Lee rummages on her pocket, thinking that it’s his phone but to her dismay it wasn’t his. Yoona arch her eyebrows seeing the chef’s reaction.

 

*B-Bring the boys OUT~

 

“Uh… I think it’s mine.” Yoona left the kitchen to answer her call.

 

-

-

 

“Umaaaaa~ what’s up?” Yoona answered enthusiastically.

 

“Yoong… does Taeyeon have called you already?”

 

“Call me? no, but I was the one called her earlier. Why?” Yoona raised her eyebrows, confused.

 

“I see… anyway, are you having fun there?”

 

Yoona just shrug what's on her mind and answered her umma's question.

“I’m super having fun umma. Having my Hyunnie on my side is what I always wanted.” Yoona beamed, smiling to herself realizing how much she is enjoying her time with her girlfriend or rather her fiancé.

 

“I can hear from your voice.” Yoona heard her mother giggle.

 

Yoona laughed. “Well, to tell you the truth umma… I have already asked Hyunnie to marry me.”

 

“WHAT?” there was a noise on the other line after Yoona have informed her Yuri umma.

 

“Yah! Yoongie… what the hell are you thinking?” Jessica’s voice was heard from the background. Seems like she’s been listening to their conversation.

 

“Mom? Were you listening to us?” Yoona asked in surprised. Never imagined her mom was just on the side, listeni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter