When everything comes to an end...

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

So everyone wants B.   This is my choice...      

 

 

 

 

When everything comes to an end...

 

 

 

The cold breeze brushes Yoona’s arms, just when she step out from the car. Glancing on her watch; 6:30am.

 

“That long?” she asked in disbelief to no one in particular.

 

It took her 7 hours to arrive from Seoul to Gwangju. Thankfully she has a map or she’ll be lost.

 

“It should be here.” she mutters, starting to wander around the unknown town.

The place is quite and only chirping birds can be heard. With high trees around, wet soil and weird sounds coming from the forest, Yoona didn’t even showed a slightest strange feeling. All she could feel is the coldness that makes her hug herself even tighter.

 

Walking to a small town, she was met by weird looks by the residence. Most residence were old keeping her bowing everytime she walk pass to them.

 

“This town… needs attention.” Yoona’s kind character indulge her again while staring at every old man or woman she walk passed.

 

Looking forward, she spot an old woman struggling on walking while carrying a sack that seems to be corn. Yoona quickly dashes forward and help the old woman to carry what’s on her back.

 

“Oh, Thank you dear.” Said the old woman.

 

“No prob. Where are you going ahjumma?” Came Yoona’s sweet smile, supporting the old woman.

 

“Will you going to carry this for me, until to that?” the old woman pointed to a small house, on top of a hill. Luckily it’s just nearby but how high is the hill makes Yoona drop her jaw.

 

Yoona gulps in. “Are you serious you live there?” she asked in disbelief, observing the old woman’s stand. That somehow makes her think twice.

 

“Why Miss? You don’t want to help me?” asked the old woman, disappointed with the younger girl's answer.

 

“Uh… yeah of course. But… “ Yoona’s kind face replaces with grins when an idea pops into her head.

 

“Can you help me find this old woman?” she pulled out a piece of paper and gives it to the old woman. The old woman smirked, knowing exactly who’s the old woman that the strabger is talking about.

 

“Okay, I’ll help you on that.” the old woman said, dropping the sacks and motioned the poor doe eyed girl to carries it all.

 

“Huh? Are you kidding me? only me?” Yoona asked in disbelief, got beaten by the old woman.

 

“You don’t want? Then I’m not-“

 

Stopping the old woman from grabbing the sack again, Yoona begins to carried the three sacks on her back. “I’ll take care of this.” said Yoona, looking away.

 

Can I carry these all the way there? In Yoona’s thought, her sweats were starting to form on her forehead and she can already feel her hands hurting. Well, Just for Tae umma. she added.

 

“You’re so slow.” The old woman giggles, walking beside the younger girl.

 

Yoona glared and quickly look away. “I’m not like you.” She mutters.

 

“AHAHA~ why are you people from the city are like that?”

 

“Whatever.” Yoona mutters, bends over and before the old woman could react, she runs as fast as she can on the way to the top.

 

-

-

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“AHHH! MY BACK!!!” Yoona screamed in pain. She successfully carried all the sack for only 30 mins. Her legs were not an expection as it is also trembling and she can’t even feel her legs now.

 

“YAH! AHJUMMA! HURRY!!!”

 

Yoona yelled, calling the ahjumma which was inside the house. A small but clean house stood strongly on top of the hill. Surrounds by more corn and chickens, the house also resembles how it was already old enough.

 

“Ugh, this is hell.” Yoona groaned, massaging her back with her own hands while resting to a rocking chair.

 

Not long after, the ahjumma emerge behind the house instead—carrying a hot water.

 

“Aigoo… I’m like a maid again.” The ahjumma exclaimed, placing the hot water under the stranger. She was about to reach for younger girl's legs when the latter volunteered herself to do so.

 

“I am not bad ahjumma… “ Yoona mutters, looking away from the old woman. Felt guilty that she treated the ahjumma quite rude earlier.

 

Heaving a sigh, the ahjumma pulled a small chair and looked up to the younger girl.

 

“Why are you looking me like that?” asked Yoona, hiding herself through her jacket.

 

The ahjumma laughs heartedly. “I know you aren’t. I can see it in your eyes.”

 

“Really?” Yoona turned her head again to the ahjumma. “How do you know?”

 

“Secret, anyway… why do you want to see that… Park Minji… eh?”

 

“Oh, about her. She’s actually the owner of the thing I am looking for.” Yoona quickly answered, hoping that the latter will finally spilled any information of the said old woman.

 

“If I tell you… she’s dead… what are you going to do?” The old woman challenge.

 

“Yah! don’t ya ever joke like that.” Yoona somehow felt nervous when the older girl mentioned about death. “Coz I guess… I-I… can’t… buy the music box anymore.”

 

“Music box.” The old woman’s expression turned serious when Yoona have mentioned the thing. “Why do you want to buy it?”

 

“Uh, it’s… it’s… a gift. I mean, I wanted to buy it for an important person in my life.” Yoona contemplated said, quite strange with how the old woman is staring at her. First time that a stranger is looking at her with those serious and meaningful eyes. If it wasn't for the woman's age, she would think that the person before her is bad one.

 

“Oh I see… well, you came to the right person.” The old woman smiled, like telling Yoona that she's Park Minji.

 

“You? Are… P-Park… Mi-Minji?” Yoona stutters of the information she had learned. 

 

The old woman nods as a respond. "But it’s priceless My dear. I don’t give it to just anybody.”

 

 

“WHAT? Yah! please... My umma loves it so much. Please?” Yoona groaned.

 

“Okay I give you a chance. I need you to work for me for a day.” The old woman devilishly grins.

 

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, Yoona screamed on her head

 

-

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

/thud.

 

A book drops in the floor when the owner unconsciously drops it. Like any other day, Seohyun is again reading a book before she eats her breakfast. But today is different, she has fallen asleep while reading. She had never done this when she’s engross to a book, but due to the absence of a certain doe-eyed girl and her umma's condition, her consciousness set aside her usual routine.

 

Resting her head to the wall, she sighed in frustration. Her Yoongie hasn’t showed up, for 2 days already—worrying her much.

 

“Where is she?” she whined as she lied back in her mattress. Reaching for her phone, she check her messages again hoping to see her fiance’s name in the screen, but to no avail, she decided to scroll the pictures they captured in London.

 

It took an hour for Seohyun to see all the pictures after which she decided to get up and have her breakfast. Just then, her phone rang.

 

“Yoong? Omo! Omo! Omo!” she stumble on her phone when she read the caller id. She accidentally drops it but as quick as she is, she pick it up and answer her phone.

 

“Yoong! Yah! where are you choding, huh?” she pretended to be mad.

 

“Eh? Didn’t Hyo unnie told you?”

 

“She didn’t mentioned anything. And oh! before I forgot. You even stole my other car. Yah! are you planning-“

 

“You just miss me.” Yoona cut her fiance's sentence, knowing exactly what's the latter is feeling.

 

Seohyun scoffs, she can actually imagine how Yoona is grinning the other line. But she eventually give in. “Yoong! Please… comeback now. I need you… you know I can’t take it here without you.”

 

“awww… that’s so sweet. But anyway, how’s Tae umma?”

 

When the mention of her umma was brought up, Seohyun’s mood suddenly drops. Wasn’t sure if she’s going to answer Yoona or not. The latest report from her umma’s health is worst than she expected.  Every seconds is a torture for her.

 

There’s only 20% chance. I doubt if we can still save her. 

 

“Hyun? Still there?” Yoona's voice snaps Seohyun back to reality.

 

“I am. I’m sorry.” Seohyun only heaved a sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed. “Umma still unconscious.” she said in a whisper. 

 

“Hyun… this means… “

 

“I doubt if we can still hold the wedding.” Seohyun bit her bottom lip, suppressing the tears that are hinting to drop anytime soon. "This year." she added.

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“It’s hard to walk in the isle without her Yoong… I can’t-“

 

“NO! we are not cancelling the wedding. No matter what.” Yoona’s voice over the phone seems getting crack every seconds of their conversation. Indicating that the doe-eyed girl is becoming more irratated.

 

“But Yoong.” Seohyun pondered.

 

-tot-tot-tot.

 

 

Seohyun’s tears finally drops. Letting all her guiltiness drops. She regretted why she should tell her fiancé. But she meant what she said. for years, she’s been dreaming to walk in the isle with her umma and now that it’s becoming only a dream? She can’t do anything but to accept it. Though she loves to be wed with her love of her life, it’s still different feeling if she’s sharing her happiness with her umma. Her umma that sometimes unpredictable, but will always find it’s way to melt her heart. She treasures her umma so much as much as she treasures her family, friends and her fiancé. If one will be miss, that means, she can’t be completely happy in that important day of her life.

 

“Why It has to be like this?” burying herself on her palms, she silently as the sun shines brightly on her side.

 

-

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Everyone from Kim Family and Kwon Family is suffering from Mrs. Kim Taeyeon’s illness. It-

 

Yuri quickly turned of the TV after she have heard enough. Resting her head in her desk, she closes her eyes for a moment of silence. But what she wanted is only for good seconds as someone had barge in to her office.

 

Yuri arche her eyebrows to see her wife dressed and was completely awkward. “Where are you going?” she asked.

 

“In the hospital.” Jessica said in much lower voice, not looking to her wife.

 

“You wanted to yell at Fany again?”

 

“No. I wanted to… I wanted to show some… support for Fany.” Jessica said, biting her lower lip.

 

“Oh I see… so you change your mind already?” Yuri chuckles, find it amuse.

 

“I don’t like it this way. Why would I be… so dramatic when everyone is keeping their selves in the Hospital.” Jessica reasoned. No matter how she tried to   be mad with everything happening around, she can't help herself but to give in. The Kims were not just anybody, so she decided to move on. For Taeyeon and for their children.

 

Yuri chuckles, standing up and approaches her wife. “That just means you’re not a bad friend.”

 

Jessica grimaced with her wife’s comment. Isn’t she a bad friend for a while?

 

“Hehe… I’m just kidding. Of course you still the kindest girl I know.” Yuri grins. “Alright, let’s go there together.”

 

Jessica can only snickered with her wife’s words, giving her a light snap on her arms as they walk hand in hand.

 

-

-

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

The breathing, the beat of her heart and her warm hands were indicating that Taeyeon is still not leaving the earth. Every breath and every beat of Taeyeon’s heart somehow made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter