Chapter 23: Cold as Ice

Marry Your Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

COLD AS ICE

 

 

-

-

The cold air is adding the cold aura of Yoona towards Seohyun. They just arrived at the train station and the whole ride was silenced. All Yoona did was to focus on the road while she just keep on glancing on her side. Totally knowing what’s the cause of Yoona’s sudden attitude, Seohyun chooses to shut .

 

Entering the train, Yoona find their seats.

 

“Oh! There.” Yoona muttered, already walking towards their seats and put their luggage’s on the upper side.

 

“Miss Kwon, we’ll be here.” Minhyuk said, sitting on the opposite side on their left together with two other bodyguards.

 

Seohyun stood still, wanted her fiancé to sit first. Noticing this, Yoona finally talk to her.

 

“Sit in… I know you love to overlook by the window.” Yoona coldly said, gesturing the younger girl to sit near the window.

 

“Uh, no-no-no… it’s quite cold, I-I don’t want to catch a cold.” Seohyun declined, waving her hand in front of the cold doe-eyed girl.

 

“Oh, so you wanted me to catch a cold then?” Yoona shots back. Taken Seohyun by surprised.

 

“No! I… “ Seohyun mentally slap herself upon realizing what she just said. “It’s okay… “She finally complied and sat on her seat near the window. She brought her blanket on and covered herself. Her eyes is hinting to water again but she held it in. doesn’t want Yoona to see her weak.

 

Yoona on the other hand suited herself with a blanket. The weather is quite cold that she needed to be warm as well. As much as she wanted to hug her freezing fiancé, she can’t coz her heart is telling the other way like her mind is saying.

This time, her emotions dominate her.

 

“Yoong!” suddenly, Seohyun called her—making her to clench on her seat.

 

“I’m sorry… “ Seohyun added. “I-I… was really coward. I don’t want anyone to get hurt..  Just… if… you wanted to know... But I know it’s wrong… to hide this. I’m sorry… again. I understand what you are feeling right now… and I know… I shouldn’t be like this. Please… give me some time.” She looks out over the window, fidgeting her fingers. The train has already started on its trip back to Seoul.

 

Yoona escape a long deep sighed as she closed her eyes and escape a single tear. She bit her lower lip to suppress her aching heart.

 

“Don’t talk until we get there.” Yoona suggested. If her Hyunnie will continue on talking, she doesn’t know what would possible scenario she can do. She’s just too disappointed and doesn’t want it to get worst.

 

-

-

“Hyung, have you notice?”

 

“Yeah… since the way here, they haven’t conversed yet.” Minhyuk commented, totally worried with the way the couple is not talking.

 

“Miss Kwon has proposed yesterday right? Then why is these two… “

 

“Taemin, we have no right to interfere their personal lives. We are just here to keep them safe.” Minhyuk scolded.

 

-

-

After 30mins…

 

Yoona yawned, stretching her both arms widely. For the past 30mins she just sit there playing with her ipad while her fiancé is on her deep slumber.

 

Wow! Cool. She can even sleep like that. Yoona thought, looking in disbelief to Seohyun.

 

But suddenly she saw a tear drops in the corner of Seohyun’s left eye. She was about to wipe them when Seohyun unconsciously wipes them.

 

She glances on her watch and it’s already 8:45am, meaning she can’t able to arrived in Taeyeon’s office on time. She decided to message Taeyeon anyway.

 

To: Aunt Tae

I’m sorry, Seohyun and I left the hotel at 7:45am this morning Mrs. Kim, too late for our first trip.

Maybe we could re-schedule it tonight? How would you like that, Aunt Tae?

From: Yoona.

 

/sent.

 

Yoona glance at her side, Seohyun is still sleeping but this time facing the window. She sighed, stood up and went to the bathroom.

 

-

-

 

From: Yoona

I’m sorry, Seohyun and I left the hotel at 7:45am this morning Mrs. Kim, too late for our first trip.

Maybe we could re-schedule it tonight? How would you like that, Aunt Tae?

 

 

Taeyeon fidget on her phone, reading the message. Thinking of any response, when she finally have made up her mind… she then typed her text.

 

To: Yoona

It’s alright, as long as you guys arrived safely.

Tonight at 10pm. I’ll be expecting you. At Seoul Hotel.

From: Taeyeon

 

/sent.

 

Taaeyeon sighed. she’s going to offer Yoona the London Conference this coming weeks tonight but she’s quite hesitating hence the two will be arriving later too. The London Conference will be the way for Taeyeon to finally conclude her doubtful towards Yoona. This way, she will see how her daughter’s girlfriend works properly.

 

Tonight also, she’s going to tell the truth about being her aware on the gifts she always receives from the past. She wanted to thank the girl for trying but it isn’t enough for her to consider that the doe-eyed girl had already gained her trust. She needs more proof that Yoona is the one for her eldest daughter. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter