...90

The Last Single Girl

 

I’ve never panicked as much as I’m panicking on the way to the park. Ethan and I are like roadrunner, running as fast as our legs can take. Cara was left at home to continue cooking. All I’m praying is for Jiyong and Emma to not be as serious as I can picture in my head. I can’t help but overthink. I see them bleeding and unconscious. I’m telling you, if that’s what I’m about to see for real, I’ll go crazy.

“There they are!” Ethan pointed far front. The two are sitting on a bench. I can hear Emma crying.

Heart racing, I rushed to them. “What happened?” Panting, I crouched down in front of my daughter. Jiyong looked at me, his eyes full of worry. “She fell off a trolley that they borrowed from a kid. She was doing well at first and when it went really fast, she panicked”

“Daddy ran after her, Mom” Ethan is consoling his sister, hugging her tightly. “Emma just got a scratch on her arm”. He carefully lifted Emma’s right arm, showing it to me. “But Daddy is bleeding”

Alarmed, I checked on Jiyong right away. “Oh gosh!” I gasped upon seeing his wounded elbow. “Ouch!” he yelped when I touched his right leg. “This is a bad cut” I told him. He’s wearing shorts, exposing a long bleeding cut on his leg. I was too focused with Emma to notice his wounds. “Let’s get you to the house” I helped him to stand, putting his arm around my shoulders. Looking back to our kids, “Baby girl, you and Daddy are going to be fine” I assured her. “Ethan will help you, while I help Daddy. Is that okay?”

“Yes Mom” she answered in between hiccups.

“You ran after her” I speak up after a while, “Thank you”. He smirked. “Yah! She’s my daughter too. I’ll do everything to keep her out of danger. Same goes with Ethan”. This made my heart flutter. I can feel his strong love for our children. “How were you wounded anyway?” I asked. He chuckled. “I stumbled over a huge rock. It cut my leg, making me fall on my elbow, on sharp little rocks that wounded me. It took me no second to even think of my injuries. I got up right away and continued chasing Emma who is going too fast. I wasn’t able to catch her though, for she fell on the grass even before I can reach her, causing a scratch on her arm that totally drags me because I felt useless”

Through all that he said, I just want to kiss him for what he did is heroic. He wasn’t able to catch up with her, but he just proved that he’ll do everything for our children, even when his safety is at risk.

“Oh!” Jiyong was surprised to see Cara who welcomed us worriedly. “Hi!” she greeted him and he smiled at her. “My gosh! What happened?” she helped Emma and brought her to the couch. I sighed. “To cut it short, it was all because of a trolley” I told her and all she can do is give out a heavy sigh.

“Let’s see” I get to Emma first with Cara, giving me the medical kit. Believe it or not, I have everything in it. I get to use my profession as a Doctor once in a while. “This is going to sting, baby girl”. Emma knows how it works. All she did is hold Ethan’s hand and tightly shut her eyes. “We’ll put band aid on it”. This excites her because we have different colors and character band aids that is entertaining to her. “Pick what you want” I gave her the box and she gave me her pick, already smiling. “Are you hurting anywhere than your arm?” I asked, while touching her arms and legs. Once she yelps, I’ll know if something is painful. “I’m fine, Mom. Just check on Daddy. Heal his ouchy” she pointed at Jiyong who is quietly watching us.

His case is a little serious. The cut on his leg is deep and bleeding horribly. “I hate to break it to you, but you need stitches”. Jiyong hates needles, but he doesn’t have a choice. “I will stitch it for you”. To my surprise, I was able to read him just by looking at his face, a capability I thought I’ve already lost. He’s scared.

With a heavy sigh, “All right” he agreed.

I will work on him out of the children’s sight. With the help of Cara, he was able to walk to the bedroom while I prepare for an emergency surgery.

“Are you sure you can still do this, Dr. Jeong?” he asked, making me chuckle. It’s been a long time I was addressed as a Doctor. It’s actually refreshing. While putting anesthetic cream around his cut, “I’ve done this too many times to forget” I told him.

Jiyong is shaking. He’s nervous. “Just lay back so you don’t have to see what I’m doing” I pushed him gently and he covered his face with a pillow. “Seven stitches and we’re done” I sounded like a Doctor.

“Shhhhhiiiiiittttt!” he shrieked upon feeling the needle. “Don’t move” I secured his foot in between my thighs to keep it still. “I’m going for the second stitch” I warned him and he bit the pillow he’s hugging tightly, just to shriek again. The anesthetic cream is nothing to the injectable. I’m not allowed to keep injectable with me, it’s breaking medical protocol.

My ears started ringing because he keeps on shrieking. I even have to stop for a while when he asked for a break, that is so childish if I must say. “Done!” I finished it off with a clear surgical tape that will hold the stitches intact.

“Now, your elbow” I pulled him up carefully and get the things ready to clean his wound. Unlike his leg, it’s not as serious. “This will sting” I warned and without another word, sprayed antiseptic spray on his wound. “AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!” He made me laugh. “Your daughter is braver than you. She didn’t even shriek when I treated her” I said, and he smirked.

“What a baby!” I teased, while cleaning up. He made face. “It’s not a joke getting stitches, you know” he countered. It made me laugh again, “Don’t worry anymore”, then I crawled beside him and patted the top of his head like a child, “You’re all good now. Your OUCHY will heal in weeks time”

“OMO!” I shrieked when he grabbed me by the arm, making me fall on his lap. He bent down, our faces so close to each other. “Do you want me to kiss you again?” His voice is deeper and sensual, making me blush. “Yah!” I yelled, “You’re totally taking advantage of me”. I know my statement it too confident and assuming. He smirked. “You can say it like that….or…” he moved closer, the tip of our noses, touching. “I just plainly missed your lips that is too hard to ignore”

Wait. Wait. Wait. Is this one of his pranks? Why do I feel sincerity in every word he said?

“Kwon Jiyong, you’re seriously toying with my feelings in every bold move you’re making”. This time, I’m not fooling around nor am I going to hold back. Pulling up, he looked at me in confusion. “Aden already told you that I still love you and I’m confirming it. Thing is, your life is twisted. You’re married. And, there are a lot of things that are yet to be cleared. There are times when I feel like giving in to you, but as much as I want to just go with it. I don’t want to complicate our situation more, at least for now”. I sit up and faced him. “Giving me these signals is making me crazy”

“Go crazy then” he countered, confusing me. What does he exactly mean by this? “Go crazy because of me. I’ll love that. And I’m going to be honest with you, I never stopped loving you. Like you, I still have feelings for you even after all you’ve done. I’m doing bold moves to see how you’re going to react. So far, I like what I’m seeing”. Jiyong and I are wearing our hearts on our sleeves, and it’s beyond surprising. Who would’ve thought that this moment will happen too soon? “Look, there are so much to deal with. I know all of them, and I’m not going to rush to fix them. All I want to know is your feelings for me because that’s what’s going to bring me far to fight. The fact that you still love me is enough to give me motivation to get out of my marriage, once and for all, to have the family that I badly longed for”. The way he looked into my eyes gave assurance that everything he said came from his heart. “We may not be in a relationship now or at least until things are fixed, but promise me that your feelings for me won’t waver, no matter how long it takes”

Making promises is one of the hardest, but I’m ready to commit full-on. I know I’ve said this a lot of times in the past that resulted to failure all the time, but this time it’s different. I know what I want. I have what I want. All I have to do is hold on to it. If there’s one thing Aden taught me, it’s fighting for what you strongly think and feel what’s yours, and listening to your heart when it’s shouting loud and clear because it only means it’s worth the chance.

Decided without second thoughts, I hold Jiyong’s hand, “I promise” I said in utmost sincerity. “I know I made promises to you and broke it, but trust me with this one”. With tears in my eyes, I hugged him and he hugged me back, tightly. “I’ll never runaway ever again”. He nodded and kissed my shoulder. “It’s so impossible now” he pulled out and smiled widely. “Because I’m going to lock you in”

Laughing, “Fine” I told him, and he enveloped me in his arms again.

After that, I felt so much better. I’m not bottling up my feelings anymore. “Stay here until the boys arrive. I need to go back to cooking already. Cara must’ve been going insane in the kitchen”. He sighed. “Alright”, and pulled me to him again. “Is kissing you a hard limit?” he asked.

Seriously, Kwon Jiyong.

Planting a kiss on his lips, “Once in a while is okay” I said, leaving him with a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

When I get back in the kitchen, the kids are quietly sitting on stools at the kitchen island, drawing. Cara is so used to them that she knows how to keep them behave.

“There you are!” she has done a lot already, and I’m amazed by her for the hundredth time. “How’s Jiyong?” she asked, giving me a spoon to taste the soup. I dipped it into the boiling soup and was brought to heaven by how delicious it is. “This is THE BOMB!” I exclaimed. “Jiyong is resting. I did seven stitches on him” I followed, shocking the kids.

“Seven!” Emma cannot wrap her mind around it. “That must’ve hurt”. I went to them and kissed their cheeks. “Daddy’s fine. He’s a brave man”. If only they know how he shrieked every time the needle touches his skin. Ethan sighed, “Is it okay if we check on him, Mom? Promise, we will not disturb him”

“Of course!” I snapped. “Just be careful of his leg”. I helped them down the stool and they speed off.

“You suddenly look radiant” Cara playfully nudged me, making me giggle “Did something happened in the room other than you, giving him stitches?”

Embarrassed, I slapped her arm lightly, “None!” I countered, making her laugh. “Let’s just say that I’m happy” I smiled at her and she hugged me. “Aden must be very happy to see you in this state”

Oh my dear Aden, if it weren’t for you I’ll still be at lost. You may not be here to witness my life be the way it really should be, but I know you’re still helping and guiding me from up there.

“Oh gosh!” Cara gasped while holding her phone. We are almost done cooking. “Blake just texted” she said with a heavy sigh, “Bailey is having a major meltdown and he’s about to go crazy already. He’s asking for rescue”. Chuckling, “No problem. As much as I want you to stay, I’ll not keep you long anymore because Blake might lost it anytime now” I joked, making her laugh, hard. “You bet! I’m sure he’s pulling his hair out in desperation already”. She gave me a hug and prepared to leave. “You can do the plating, right?” she asked. I nodded, “You know where each one go, right?”

With confidence oozing out of me, “Of course!” I replied.

“I feel bad” she stopped walking to the door and sighed, It’s my chance to meet superstars but because I’m a Mother, whose son is in the right timing to meltdown, I have to scratch it off and just be contented that I cooked for these superstars. I suddenly hate my life!” Care is really funny.

Patting her back, “Don’t worry, I’ll tell them about you”

And I’m left alone with many things to do. I checked the time and it’s almost dinner already. I wonder what time the boys are coming.

*doorbell ringing*

“We’re here!” the Big Bang boys have finally arrived, each carrying huge paper bags. They are all smiles.

“Come in!” I opened the door widely. “Our house is small, but we can fit in” I said, while ushering them to the living room. “Jiyong and the kids are in the bedroom. I’ll just call them”

Having big time superstars in your house is overwhelming. Though I’m friends with them, the feel is different. Also, I’m getting nervous of the food that Cara and I teamed up making.

Peeking in, “The boys are here” I told Jiyong who is also on the floor with the kids, completing a puzzle. He is having a hard time getting up, so I rushed to help him. The kids also gave a hand. “The Uncles are here!” I told them, and they speed out of the room, leaving their Father to me. Jiyong chuckled, “Emma let go of my hand right away” he said, making me laugh.

When we walked out, the kids are so giddy with the toys that the boys gave them. Ethan got robots and a nerf gun (that I really don’t want to buy for him). Emma got dolls and hair ribbons. Her smile is from ear to ear.

“Aigoo” Youngbae is the first to see Jiyong, limping. “You really did a stunt, huh?” he helped Jiyong to the single couch. “Seven stitches” I told them. “He shrieked all the way, like a baby” I teased, making the boys laugh. They know of the accident, Jiyong told them. Seungri transferred beside Jiyong, sitting on the arm chair. Patting his Hyung’s shoulder, “I’m sure Jiyong Hyung is all good, especially it’s Areum taking care of him”, this caused him a playful hit on the stomach.

“Let’s just eat” I acted like I didn’t hear.

In the kitchen, I staggered in finishing up every plate. For this dinner, I pulled out my most beautiful plates that I only use in special occasions.

“Is it true that you cooked everything?” TOP asked, while pulling out bottles of wine. I shyly chuckled, “Actually, it was my friend, Cara, who did most of the hard stuff”. He chuckled, “Jiyong told us that you prepared a five course meal. That’s why, I brought wine that goes well with it”

Seven bottles of expensive wine is too much. But, it’s TOP we’re talking about here. Out of all the people I know, he’s the only one that drinks wine like water.

With everybody at the table, I served the appetizer I made without Cara’s help. I always make it every Christmas. “This is chicken Caesar bruschetta”. The boys gasped in awe. It’s obvious that Jiyong is most amazed, and I felt proud of myself. “This is good” Daesung is the first to taste. Seungri even closed his eyes while chewing. “Aigoo. Noona, this is as good as restaurant made” he said, and I bowed in gratitude.

“Aren’t you going to eat yet?” Jiyong noticed that I’m just watching them. I smiled at him. “I’m too anxious to even have a bite” I told him, and he sighed.

“All I’m eating are the chicken meat” Emma is not a fan of the dish. Though she’s got no problem eating vegetables, there are some that she just cannot eat. Youngbae looked at her, “Baby girl, your Mom gave it her all to make this dish. If I were you, I’ll eat everything to make her happy”. And with that said, my daughter started picking on the vegetables.

Next, I served the soup. It’s Cara’s specialty. The kids loves it so much, they always ask her to make it whenever she’s babysitting them. “This is creamy roasted garlic white bean soup”. I carefully served each of them a bowl. “My friend Care made it”

“This is my favorite!” Ethan is so delighted. “Mine too!” Emma followed. The boys laughed at the kids’ cuteness. “You guys have rich taste” TOP told them. Emma shook her head. “My tongue is not rich Uncle. It doesn’t even have a job”

“That’s witty” Daesung said, while all of us adults are laughing hard.

For the salad, “This is asparagus tomato and feta salad with balsamic vinaigrette”. I only served it to the boys because none of the kids like vinaigrette. “You’re on your second bowl of soup, Little Man” Jiyong told our son who is so into the soup. He nodded in acknowledgement, “Aunt Cara is the best in this”. Once I tell this to Cara, she will be very happy.

In all fairness to the boys, they are enjoying everything so far. They are eating very well.

“This is chicken Florentine” I served them the entrée and their eyes go wide upon seeing how it’s plated. Out of fun, I searched online how to plate it beautifully. I must say, it isn’t easy but I was able to pull it off.

The boys are savoring each bite. None of them are talking. Watching them react wonderfully to my cooking and Cara’s is very satisfying. I guess I got nervous and anxious for nothing.

And now, after four exquisite dishes, I served the dessert. Of course, the kids are the ones excited for it. “I made this myself” I said “It’s chocolate mousse trifle”

“Yay!” Ethan and Emma cheered in glee. Jiyong is smiling sweetly while looking at them. “Don’t eat too much, okay?” he reminded them, earning heartless nods from them. He chuckled, “It’s actually past your bedtime already. Too much sugar will make you sleep harder” he told them.

The boys giggled, making me look at them. “Aigoo. It’s Saturday. They shouldn’t follow bed time” TOP said. Youngbae cleared his throat. “Also, the Uncles are here. We’re still going to play after this”

Defeated, Jiyong looked at me with a heavy sigh. The boys are starting to spoil our kids more than he does, and it’s making me nuts because I don’t want them to get used to it.

After dinner, I’m left with a lot of plates and utensils to wash. This night is going to be long for me. “Noona” Daesung showed up in the kitchen after a while. “Seungri and I will do that”. Next thing I know it, I’m sitting in the living room with the older boys and the kids, while the Maknaes are doing the dishes.

Jiyong touched my back, moving his hand in slow circular motion. It already feels natural. I blushed a little. “You haven’t eaten yet” he told me. I patted his thigh, “I’m not hungry. I’ll eat when I am”

The way we talk and the way we move around each other has changed after our love confession a while ago in the bedroom. We are lovey-dovey all of a sudden, an unexpected turn.

“Omo Omo”. Out of consciousness, we forgot that TOP and Youngbae are in the same room, playing with our kids. “You two” he pointed at us, “I can smell something fishy”

Jiyong laughed. “What did we do?” he asked. As his best friend, Youngbae can read his body movements well. “Are you together again?”

Upon hearing this, Emma looked at Youngbae. “Mom and Daddy are always together, Uncle Bae” she told him, and we just laughed it off.

I sighed. “No label” I said, shocking Jiyong. TOP smirked. “Seriously guys, you’re like teenagers!”

Jiyong chuckled, “We’ll only be in a relationship once I’m out of my marriage”. Youngbae sighed as if disappointed, “Then that’s still going to be long”

I know that it’s going to take a long time before Jiyong and I can be in a relationship again, and I’m not going to complain. Getting out of marriage will really be a tough challenge, especially when dealing with a woman who fights dirty.

Now joined by Daesung and Seungri, and with the kids playing in the room, we started talking about adult stuff. We are very cautious with the kids around.

“Don’t think about us” TOP said when I told them about my dilemma in coming back to Seoul. Youngbae nodded in agreement, “We are no rookies nor are we still establishing a brand. If this happened earlier, say year two thousand nine, we’re definitely screwed. But now, it’s no big deal”

“Yes, it’s going to be one heck of a news for G-dragon is involved, but Jiyong has been in too many scandals some even worse than having children, and what? He still was able to make it big” TOP followed.

Jiyong smirked. “As if I care of what the people will think after I tell the truth”

This is making me more eager to go back to Seoul. I might be taking a risk, but with the support of the people who matters, especially Jiyong, I’m confident that it can be passed through without too much glitches.

“We can extend for a few days. That way, you guys have us once you arrive in Seoul” Youngbae said. “Also, for Lena to not think that Jiyong Hyung is up to something here by not coming home with us” Daesung speak out for the first time.

We decided not to talk about Lena that much and just focused on our homecoming. After all, Jiyong said that he’ll be the one dealing with her once we get there.

“Just prepare to leave already” TOP said “Settle whatever it is that needs to be settled”.

“There’s not much to settle. I just have to pay rent for this month. Resign from my job and pull out the kids from school. And, tell the kids that we’re moving, which is the most difficult of all”. Just by thinking of it, I can already imagine lots of crying and continuous question of WHY?

Jiyong holds my hand, “I’ll help you with the kids and pay rent”. I snapped up, “No need to pay. I already have money for it”. He was about to fire back when Youngbae met his eyes as if telling him to just let me be.

“We’ll help you pack up, Noona” Seungri has been quiet most of the time, and his kind gesture made me smile. “Thank you” I told him.

So, this is all serious now. Jiyong and I haven’t talked about coming back to Seoul and here we are, planning it already. I guess I just need people, other than him, to assure me that everything’s going to be fine.

Three hours in and the boys are preparing to leave. They checked on the kids, hoping to say goodbye but they’re already knocked out in bed, surrounded by their new toys.

“Just call us when you’re going to start packing already” Youngbae hugged me. “Also, if you need babysitters. You know, if you and Jiyong want some time alone, don’t hesitate to call”. It made me giggle, “I think a date is great, but there’s no time for it for now”. He nudged me, “Don’t stress on your move too much”

When the boys left, that’s when I felt hunger. It’s almost midnight and I haven’t eaten anything yet.

“Where are you going?” I asked, seeing Jiyong limping towards the kitchen. He turned to look at me, “I’m going to prepare food for you”

Touched, I catch up with him, hooking my arm in his as we head to the kitchen.

 “I have to look for a place to live in Seoul already” I told him, while eating. He smirked. “No need”. I looked at him in disbelief. “Don’t tell me you’re going to make us stay at your house, in one roof with Lena”

Casually, “I still have your apartment. I didn’t sell it. I even had it renovated. Emma has her own room aside from yours and Ethan”

Wow!

“I kept it all these years because I know you guys are going to come back”

                                                                                                                                                     ****