Chapter 71 - Truth and Lies

I am forever

 

Jessica's POV

Now I'm sitting next to taeyeon inside the car. He's holding my hand while he's head is resting on my shoulder. I've been longing for this to happen again.I missed this so much. I waited for 5 years for this and now he's mine again. Well, not completely mine. I still have this weird feeling, a scared feeling that, what if one day he'll remember everything and leave me. What if he's supposed to be really mad at me after what happened. I'm so scared. 

"I love you. Only you. I'll do everything for you babe." 

I heard taeyeon utters then he raised his head to give me a very warm smile. I felt awkward again, it seems that he can my mind. 

"I-I love you too." I return him a smile.

We are driving to his house at seocho district in seoul. His mom needs to fly back to California to do business. She asked me a favor to look after taeyeon and of course I said yes. I'll be living with taeyeon until I'm really sure that he can live on his own again. At first, he didn't want me to bother living with him and help him. he said he's fine and I should get back to my life that I missed when i was at the hospital with him.

"Are you sure you want to stay with me? Aren't you supposed to do your work or something?" 

Taeyeon snapped, this is really getting creepy. Did he just developed a mind reading skills after that incident? He just read my mind again. I forced myself to smile.

"Uh? Of course! I need to make up all the lost time that we weren't together." I said 

"Huh?" 

He asked me in confusion. Then I finally realize what did I just say.

"Uhm? I mean. When you were hospitalized.." 

I panicked and he just gave me warm smile. Every time he's giving me this kind of smile the more I feel guilty about hiding the truth from him. The more I make up stories, the more I feel scared. I know one day he'll remember everything and he might hate and despise me for what I did. I don't want that to happen of course, but what can I do? I need him right now. This is my only chance to prove him that I still love him. It's either he'll forgive me or detest me..


Taeyeon's POV


"Hi tiff."

I heard jessica said on the phone. I'm sure it's Tiffany. I'm just at the kitchen. I don't want to eavesdrop to Jessica and Tiffany's conversation, but I feel That they might be talking about me so I stayed.

"Yeah! He lost his memories." 

I'm right! They are going to talk about me. This gives me more urge to stay and listen to every word Jessica's going to say. Don't get me wrong okay! I'm not doubting her or what. I'm just curious.

"I really feel bad tiff. I feel guilty for everything.." 

I carefully listen to what they are talking about. I feel my heartbeat's beating so fast with every word Jessica's saying.

"You can't blame me tiff. Its all my fault when I ---" 

Oh !! I accidentally drop the vase.

"Taeyeon? Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah! I'm okay!" 

"I call you back tiff. Bye!"

I heard her hung up the phone and went to check me. just happened. 

"Taengoo what happened?"

"Uhm? I dropped the vase. I'm sorry."

I knelt down to pick up the broken pieces but she stopped me.

"You're gonna cut yourself. I'll clean it."

"I'm fine babe." I said, but she still insisted to clean it and I let her.

"Next time be careful. I told you when you need something, call me." 


"Sorry." I just said.

Dinner time. I feel like cooking a dinner for us but she didn't allow me, she said it's too dangerous for me still. I don't get why, but I listened to her and we just ordered food.

 After we ate, I went to take shower. And after that I saw my pajamas prepared on the bed. I shook my head. Don't get me wrong again okay? I like what she's doing. But don't you think it's a little too much?

I walked to the living room and saw her watching tv.

"Hi. Feeling better?" She asked me, I just nodded. I walked to her direction and sat on couch beside her.

"Uhm? You don't have to prepare my clothes babe. Thanks tho."

She just smiled. I know that means 'it's fine, I'll still do it.'

I stood up to get a glass of water.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'm going to get a glass of water." I said.

"I'll get it. Just sit here."

Here she goes again. I inhaled and exhaled. I need to calm down.

"I'm fine I'll ge--" I'm not done to what I'm saying then all I know was she's gone already to get my water. I just shook my head again.

"Here.." 

She handed me a glass full of water and all I just said was thanks. I shrugged it off. She's just worried, no need to act violently. I told myself.

10 minutes, 30 minutes. We were just watching tv, sitting on the couch with my love. My hand on her waist and she's leaning on my chest. What a good feeling. I already forgot the feeling of annoyance.

"Did you drink your medicine?" She suddenly broke the silence.

"Yes babe." 

She broke the hug and sat up.

"When? Are you sure? Don't ever forget to drink that okay?"

Okay! She's starting again. Taeyeon relax! Calm down! She's just really worried. I told myself again.

"Yes ma'am. I won't forget it." I forced myself to smile, I don't want to argue, it's just our first day together. 

She went back on leaning her whole body to my chest. I thank God that I did it again but I thank most because she stopped. I just wish she'll not do it again, or else I don't know if I can still hold my feelings.

30 minutes. 

"Oh? It's late. You should sleep now." She said.

"I'm not tired yet and we're still watching."

"You shouldn't be sleeping late taengoo ah. You need to rest now."

"It's only 9:30 babe. After this sho---"

I didn't get the chance to finish my words when she turned off the tv.

"C'mon now taengoo." She stood up, all she knows was I'm gonna follow her but not this time. I'm so done with her attitude. I grabbed the remote and turned the tv on again.

"Hey! Don't be like this. Don't make it hard for me." She said. 

Okay! I'm really done! Enough of controlling my feelings..

"What?" I hissed 

"Who told you to do this? I never asked you to, jessica. You are the one who's making things hard!" I said in calm way but with a higher tone. 

"I can sleep whenever I want. I can fix my own mess. I can get my own water. I can prepare my clothes. You don't have to do those things. I'm not an idiot. I still have my both hands. My both feet. I'm still whole jessica. You're acting and treating me as if I'm dumb and stupid!!" I was already yelling.

"But I'm just worried for you!!" She yelled back.

"I know! And I'm very thankful for that. But it's much babe. You're trying so hard. You know that? This is not you. You don't have to do all this . I'm fine with who you really are. I still love you whatever you do." 

She kept mum. I don't want to say any hurtful words so I walked to my room and left her there. I was just on my bed, thinking of what I just did.

"Was it too much?" I asked myself.

It's been an hour already since we had an argument. I silently walked out of my room to check on her. She's not on the living where I left her. Not in the kitchen. I went to her room. Well, we decided to have I separate room. Why? I don't know. That was the decision we made earlier. The door is closed. I leaned my ear on the door. She's there. I heard her crying. Oh gosh! It's tearing my heart. I decided to just leave her for now. She might still be feeling the tension and will just lead to another argument of I barge in. I'll let it go until tomorrow. I sighed.

"I'm sorry." I said on a low voice. I went back to my room. I returned to my bed and stared on the ceiling. It was so silent, all I can was the tik tok of the clock. 

"This was just our first day. What's happening to us. I'm trying so hard to make things right. But I guess I'm not doing it right. What should I do sooyeon ah?" 

 

 

 


 

 

[A/N] hello! Here's another update for you guys! I told you I'm gonna update more often now. Lol. Thanks everyone who waited. Appreciate all your patience guys... Tomorrow again.. Byeee

 

-updated!

~Kbye! 👊