Chapter 47 - Aftermath

I am forever

 

Jessica was reading the letter that taeng made for her. She wasn't crying the whole time. She thought that they must have been playing prank on her or something, but she's scared right now. Scared to hear that those were all true and no ones playing prank on her. she stood up and crumpled the letter.

"stop this joke yuri oppa, it's not funny." She said with her voice cracking.

yuri just sighed. This is the hard part, explaining everything. 

"Where's that midget hiding huh? Did he just cheated on me while I'm gone?"

"jess." Yuri called her with a worried tone. A tone that means everything on that letter were all true. He slowly walks towards the latter.

"just tell me where is he!!!! Tell me what's happening!!!!" She started to freak out now and her tears were rolling down on her eyes.

yuri grabbed Jessica and hugged the latter. He doesn't care whether Tiffany was there. He wants to comfort her and with no malice.

"I'm sorry sica." Yuri said while comforting her.

"Shut up!!! Stop saying sorry!!! I don't need anyone else's sorry..just tell me where is he!!! I need him.. Why is he always doing this to me? Why??!!!" Jessica screaming while hitting yuri's chest.. Tears just keeps on rolling down.

"shhhh... You'll be fine.. You'll be fine." Yuri just keeps on patted her back while trying to calm her down...

it took a while for Jessica to calm down and eventually fell asleep while still sobbing on yuri's chest. They just lay her down to the couch when they sure she's sleeping deeply already.

yuri and Tiffany went on the library room and talk about what's happening.

"so I don't understand yuwwree ah. I thought he's being disowned already? What's this all about?"

yuri sighed.

"okay. So, remember that deportation incident happened in japan?"

"yeah."

"that's all his grandma's doings."

"what?!! So she'll really do anything huh? She's scary."

"I know. She is really scary. That's why taeng just decided to go and leave. He's afraid that she might do things to Jessica, more than that."

"so tae tae oppa leave to protect Jessica."

"exactly!"

they both sighed in unison.

"this must be really a tough situation for her. I don't know what will happen when Jessica woke up. I know her, she's really a weak person."

"let's just be with her no matter what my princess. It sure is really hard for her, but she got us here still. Just imagine how will taeng face everything there, alone." Yuri said 

It's almost evening when Jessica woke up. She felt that her head was being beaten by someone while she's sleeping.

"ugh!"

"jess are you okay?" Tiffany asked her worriedly when she saw the latter groaning in pain.

"headache tiff, I got a very very bad nightmare at the same time." She said while trying to sit up. But her eyes widened and realize that she didn't really had a nightmare, when she noticed the place.it was all true. Everything about that nightmare were all true.

tiffany went beside her and gave the water that yuri just got from the kitchen for her.

"here. Drink this first." 

She took a sip and look at Tiffany with a questioning look.

"tiff?" She said while her voice starting to crack again, and her eyes were becoming teary too.

tiffany hugged her tight and calmed her down.

when she was a bit okay, she asked for everything. And yuri explained her all. She was so quiet the whole time. Taengoo leaves just to protect her. She felt bad for thinking that taeyeon just abandoned her all of a sudden. But she still can't believe that they're done already, She loves the latter so much that she can't just forget him like what he wants.

------

It's been a month and they haven't heard anything about taeyeon's doing in the US. Even yuri hasn't heard anything about him, except that he knew taeng landed there safely. He tried calling him, but taeng wasn't answering his phone, even Mrs. Kim. He just thinks that grandma wasn't allow them to communicate with them. 

"Hay. I miss taeng!" Yuri said nonchalantly.

tiffany elbowed him, because of his careless mouth.

They looked at Jessica who seems to be okay hearing taeyeon's name.

"it's okay. Don't worry about it." Jessica smiled weakly then she sighed.

"I miss him too, I wonder what's happening to him now." She thought.

----------

 

Kim's residence in LA, Cali.

"where's he?" Grandma asked the maids about taeng

"he's still in his room Madame. He hasn't been going out since he got here, he also refuses to eat the food that we served him." The maid answered politely.

after hearing that, the old woman walked towards taeng's room.

she knocked.

"what do you want?!!!" Taeng yelled from inside.

grandma didn't answer, instead she took the key and opened the door. She saw a big mess all over the room and a stinky smell. All the spoiled foods were scattered, the maids can't go inside to clean, taeng always yells at them and dragged them out every time they go there and serve the foods. She saw her grandson lying down on his bed, looking so awful. Unshaved face. Messed up hair and so thin.

"what do you want?" Taeng asked her again.

grandma felt a little pity about him. What she's seeing right now is not on her plan. Seeing her grandchild being like this makes her heart torn apart.but she need to stick on the plan. And she can't just surrender because of this. she sighed. 

"get up kid!" Grandma said while walking towards him.

"why?" 

"You need to eat! Do you want to die here because of hunger?"

"that would be great then!" Taeng shouted.

Pak!

taeng felt a hand just hit his right cheek. His grandma just slapped his face. he didn't mind it actually, he was too numb right now that he can't feel pain anymore. He remained quiet.

"mom! What are you doing???" Mrs. Kim saw what happened and grabbed taeyeon then hugged him.

"stop what you're doing to my son! He's not a toy mom. You can't just do what you want to do with him." The latter was screaming out now, she can't bear it anymore. Seeing her son like this. She just can't.

grandma just turned and walked away. She felt guilty all of a sudden. She went to her room and tears started to fall from her eyes. she looks at her both hands.

"What am I doing?" She buried her face on her hands and started to reflect on everything.

 

Three more days have passed.

Taeng's mom always checked on him and forced him to eat even a little. She also makes sure that grandma won't hurt him anymore.

she knocked but to her surprise, taeng didn't yell or something. He usually yells 'what do you want?!!!' Or ' leave me alone!!!' Whenever someone would knock on his door. But now it's different. she thought taeng might be at the bathroom or sleeping that he didn't heard her. She took the key and opened the door to check on her son. She saw big mess, as usual but she didn't saw taeng lying on his bed. She must be right, taeng's probably at the bathroom. But when she looked at there, she saw the bathroom door opened, lights on. She go nearer. her eyes widened with what she saw..

"Oh my God!!!! Taeng!!!!" She yells and run towards his son.. She immediately carried taeng's unconscious body but she can't, too heavy for her.

"Help!!!!" She cries for help.

"taeyeon ah!!!! What happened!!! Wake up!!!!" She tapped taeng's face and wiggle his body, hoping the latter would gain consciousness..

"Help!!! Helppppp!!!" She's screaming out. 

"Jesus Christ! What happened??" At last someone heard her, the latter walks directly to them.

"don't touch him!!!!" Mrs. Kim swatted grandma's hand.

"if something happened to my son, I will not forgive you. I won't!!!" She yelled out on her mother's face..

Mrs. Kim saw the maids were running towards them.

"what the hell are you doing there? Help me!!! Call the driver!!! Call 911!!!" She was so frustrated that she can't think straight at that moment.

After the medic came and took taeng's unconscious body to the ambulance. Grandma was left there mouth agape. 

"What am I doing?" She questioned herself.

"I'm killing my own grandson." 

She again saw herself crying out for all she did, feeling so guilty about everything. Now, she doesn't thinks about her company anymore, doesn't care about that stupid arrange marriage she planned for her grandson... All she wants now is taeyeon's recovery. She's praying to God that nothing really serious happened to him. She keeps in walking back and forth inside her room, waiting for a call from the hospital. She just hopes that her daughter would still let her know about taeng's condition. She badly wants to go and follow them, but she's afraid that she might just cause a commotion...

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------