Chapter 48 - It's about time

I am forever

 

Yuri was sleeping soundly in the middle of the night when he got startled by his phone ringing..

beep! Beep!!

"dang!!!! Why this people calling in time like this. Better be an emergency or else!!! Aishhh.." He whined, then he grabbed his phone at the ledge.. He didn't check who's calling, he just answered it right away.

"hello?!!"  He answered roughly.

"hello yuri!"

"omo. Mom?"

"Yeah! It's me!"

"why did you call mom? You know I'm in the middle of my sleep. Aish.." He whined to his mom

"yah!!! Didn't you know what happened?"

"why? What happened?"

"taeyeon's in the hospital. They admitted him yesterday."

"What?!!!! What happened mom?"

"I don't know. I just heard about it. I'm gonna go there later. I just called to see if you know about it."

"I don't know about it. Is he okay mom? Did he get into accident?" Yuri asked his mom so many questions, he kinda panicking now. 

" I told you, I have no idea. I'm going to call you again later after I paid visit."

"Okay okay. Tell me right away. I'll wait. Go there now mom."

"calm down son. I'm still at work."

"but mom. I need to know now what happened."

"KWON YURI!!!" Mrs. Kwon yelled.

yuri put away the phone from his ear a little.

"okay mom! Okay.."

after hanging up the call, yuri was walking back and forth inside his room. He's tense and doesn't know what to do. He can't wait anymore he needs to know what happened to his bestfriend.

"damn!! This makes me go nuts..."

he immediately opened his laptop.

"I need to know now, I can't just wait here."

he booked a flight back to LA. After booking a flight. He called Tiffany to tell her that he is leaving for a while. But he didn't tell the real reason why. He doesn't want Jessica to know and get worried about taeng. 

----------

The doctor went out from the emergency room after checking on taeyeon.

"doc, what happened? Is my son okay?" Mrs. Kim asked worriedly.

the doctor smiled.

"he's fine Mrs. Kim. He just passed out due to hunger and depression then he hit his head on the ground. But he's fine now, lets just wait for him to wake up so we can run some series of test." The doctor explained.

"thank God. Thank you too doctor."

"no problem. But just to remind you, when he wakes up, don't let him think of any depressing things. I saw his record that he had a traumatic incident before. It's not really related but we should be careful." 

"I understand doc. Thanks again."

Mrs. Kim went inside the room to check on her son. She sits to the chair next to the bed where taeng lies. She holds the latter's hand and softly rubbing it.

"I won't let anyone harm you again taeyeon. I'm sorry for not doing anything." Her tears are starting to roll down, and she fell asleep holding her son's hand.

its been 17 hours already, and taeng hasn't gaining consciousness yet, his mom's getting nervous already but the doctor said it okay after all the medicines..

Mrs. Kim was preparing all of taeng's things that the maid brought when the door opened.

"oh? Yuri shi?"

yuri was walking slowly towards taeng, his eyes were teary after seeing his friend lying down on that hospital bed. 

"Taeng?" He said softly.

"how could you do this? Why?!!! I can't believe this. You're too young..." Yuri was about to hug taeng but Mrs. Kim hits him.

"Yah! What are you saying??? He's not dead! He's just sleeping. Can't you see?"

yuri slowly turned his look to Mrs. Kim awkwardly. He's kinda embarrassed with his exaggeration.

"Owww, i-im sorry auntie, I got carried away." He smiled weakly.

after that, yuri bought food for them, he thought that Mrs. Kim hasn't eating yet, and he let the latter rest for a while and he will take charge of watching over taeyeon. but slowly he felt his eyes were about to close, he's also tired, he just landed from a 13 hour flight. He closed his eyes for once.

"Yul?" 

He immediately opened his eyes when he heard someone called him.

"taeng?!"

he runs towards the latter.

"omo!!! Taeng! You're awake?" Yuri can't believe it, he pushed the intercom to call the doctor that taeyeon woke up already.

The doctor checked taeng's condition and found everything's okay. 

"What happened Yul? Why am I here?" Taeng asked curiously.

"you don't know?"

taeng shook his head.

"you passed out bro, your mom said that you keep yourself inside your room since you got here."

"oh yeah, I remember that. Anyway where's my mom?" 

"I told her to get some rest, but she's on her way back now after I called her that you're awake."

yuri was preparing food for taeng.

"uhm? Yul?"

"hmm?"

"how's everybody back there?"

"She's fine bro. She's kinda busy now a days because of their tour. But I'm telling you, she's okay. Don't worry."

taeng didn't directly asked about Jessica, but yuri seems to understand what he meant by his question.

"did she know about? Hmm. You know."

"about your condition now?"

taeng nodded.

"nope, I didn't tell her yet. But I'm about to now that you're okay."

"no Yul!!! D-don't tell her!!" Taeng said.

"woah! Take it easy bro."

"just don't tell her. Please."

"but why?"

"What for? Nothing will change bro, she will just be worried. I don't want to bother her anymore. She's okay now like you said. So I don't think it's necessary to tell her."

"but I think she needs to know taeng."

taeng shook his head.

"I told you, nothing will change. It will just add to her burden."

while the two are talking about Jessica. Someone's listening to them at the door.

"Im glad he's fine." The old lady thought. But when she closes the door someone's beside her.

"mom? What are you doing here?"

"shhh? They might here you." 

The old lady dragged her daughter somewhere to talk.

"I'm sorry for what I did."

"You don't have to say sorry to me mom, you know who you should be sorry to."

the old lady just look down, feeling so guilty about everything.

"I don't know how to make up with all these mess."

Mrs. Kim hugged her mother.

"just do the right thing mom."

After that, Mrs. Kim went to taeng's room and grandma just decided to go back home, she doesn't want taeng to feel uneasy with her presence for now.

"I need to do the right thing for taeyeon. I put a lot of burden on him. I didn't treat him good. I think it's about time." The old lady thought.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------