More Than Anything.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final.

Author's Note: This is it guys! :'(

 

 

“How could you be so sure she loves Kris? She never told me and the conference she held days ago stated otherwise.” MyungSoo pointed out, sipping his drink. XiaZi frowned at him because she expected him to know YunHee better. Next she stood up out of her seat and placed her hands on her hips.

            “Maybe if you weren’t so busy with Maerah you would have known if you visited Unnie. Did you know how badly she was beaten up? Her whole abdomen was covered in bruises all because of your cousin and for YiFan, I can’t even mention it! I thought you loved her, what happened?” XiaZi questioned, irritated. MyungSoo was completely shocked by her words.

            “No answer? Well let me answer for you then. It’s because you can’t get over Maerah and you never will. Don’t say that you love YunHee Unnie if you’re not even there when she needs you most. What kind of love is that? I felt bad for you at first because I was aware Unnie was madly in love with Oppa, but now I feel nothing but anger towards you. If you don’t know Unnie well enough to recognize that she denied her love for YiFan to protect him, then how could you say you knew her at all? In fact forget me asking you for help, I obviously chose the wrong person.” XiaZi snapped, exiting the shop.

            For a moment MyungSoo sat there, eyes widened and mouth slightly hanging open. XiaZi’s words were still seeping into his brain when he snapped out of his daze. But by the time he looked up, she had already left. MyungSoo placed a hand over his chest to feel it beating rapidly. No one had ever made his heart jump like that, not even Maerah. “Aish, why did she have to make me feel guilty?”

            “How’d it go?” Kris asked as his sister climbed into the backseat with him. She huffed and puffed with her lips pursed out.

            “We don’t need him, I’ll keep Unnie busy.”

             “Arasso, I’m going to go do the interview first and then I’ll be on my way.” He reported. “If anything happens call me.”

            The drive to the interview took quite sometime and as XiaZi watched her brother wave her off, she stuck her head out the window, pumping her fist in the air as she shouted “Oppa hwaiting!”

            Kris adjusted his sling and took in a deep breath. He arrived at the front desk and cleared his throat, telling the receptionist he was there. The woman looked up and her eyes bulged out. “A-ah Mr. Wu, we’ve been waiting for you. Ms. Jang is in the interview room, it is the third door on the right. I’ll let them know you’re here.”

            He nodded and smiled at her before leaving. Although he was injured, he was still as handsome as ever. Upon reaching the designated door, Kris knocked on it two times before he heard a voice permitting his entrance. “YiFan-sshi, please have a seat.” The woman ordered politely. Kris did as told and inspected the room. It was nothing special just two armchairs, lights and a camera. When he looked back at the reporter, she had signaled the cameraman to start rolling.

            However it was Kris who spoke up first. “Before we begin the interview I have one favor to ask.”

 

 

            “Are you sure you want to go back? I mean you already bought a house here.” Ms. Kim stated as she watched YunHee packing mostly all of the photos.

            “I’m sure. Even after I resigned from my position people are still bothering me. If I want things to end peacefully, this is the only way. Besides I think this is exactly what I need.” She replied.

            Suddenly there was a knock at the door. YunHee ceased what she was doing to go and answer it. When she opened it, XiaZi was standing there looking sulky. “Unnie,” she began, entering the house. YunHee blinked at her before sighing.

            “I know you don’t want me to go Xiaxia, but I have to.”

            “Oh yeah, I know that. It’s just… I’m so sad. Oppa still hasn’t woken up and you’re leaving me already. Can’t you spend a few more hours with me?” she requested wearing a pout. YunHee glanced at her watch and exhaled a second time.

            “It’s been nine days, five hours and two minutes already. When is he going to wake up? I thought the doctor’s were expecting him to recover soon.”

            XiaZi stared at her for a few seconds, taking note of the persistence YunHee had. When YunHee noticed what she had done, she rubbed the back of her neck, embarrassed.  She wanted to go visit Kris in the hospital one last time but she was aware that if she saw him still sleeping, completely immobilized that she would not want to part ways. Therefore she decided it was best not to see him.

            She was in no rush to return back to the farm and a little distraction would do her some good. “I’d love to spend a few hours with you.” YunHee agreed. She looked back at her aunt and smiled. “You can tell Appa I’ll be at your house by four. Ahjusshi Ahn will be picking me up, correct?”

            Ms. Kim nodded in response. “Kajah Unnie! We have a lot to do!” XiaZi beamed, dragging the latter out the door. Before she closed it, she turned to look at Ms. Kim, sending her a wink. Ms. Kim smiled widely, giving her a thumbs-up.

            “So where do you want to go first?” YunHee asked as XiaZi swiped her car keys from her.

            “Surprise!” she chirped, hopping inside the vehicle. “Unnie if I were you, I’d put my seatbelt on and hold onto something really tight.”

            “Wae—” and then YunHee discovered why as XiaZi stomped down onto the gas pedal, speeding off.

            “Yah Wu XiaZi! Slow down!” she instructed but she got ignored. XiaZi rolled down all four windows and blasted the music.

            “Come on Unnie loosen up. We should have fun. It’s our last day together till who knows when.”

            “How am I supposed to have fun with YiFan still unconscious?” YunHee mumbled as she faced the window. XiaZi quickly glanced over at her and giggled.

            As XiaZi drove down the streets of Korea to who knows where, YunHee kept thinking about Kris. There wasn’t a moment she didn’t think of him since he never left her mind. The scene of him getting battered caused her to shudder.

The last words he uttered to her made her want to shed buckets of tears.

            It was all her fault that he was hurt. It was her fault for getting kidnapped like that and being so damn useless that he wasn’t awake yet. YunHee bit her lip as the car came to a jerky stop. She looked up and discovered where they were. “Lotte World?”

            “Geurae, I remember Oppa taking you here for your first date. So I thought it would be a good idea to come.” XiaZi reasoned.

            “Yeah…” YunHee muttered as she exited the car.

As they walked to the entrance of the park, XiaZi flashed the guards her V.I.P pass which she had gotten from MyungSoo. Immediately they allowed the two girls in. It wasn’t all that busy for a Saturday morning. It wasn’t unusual since more people liked coming later in the day. Therefore the park was practically theirs.

XiaZi was running around like a wild goose, attempting to lighten the mood but it was no use. YunHee kept her head low as they made their odyssey through the place. Every now and then she would bump into someone and then quickly apologize to them.

This place was just too meaningful to her for her to be there alone without Kris. When they entered the food court, YunHee saw the same booth where they had taken their first picture together. She smiled softly when a couple came out holding hands. XiaZi noticed this and pulled her towards it.

“We should take a picture together!” she grinned. As they took their seat, all YunHee recalled was the time when her and Kris were in there.       

 

            “You wasted two photos already! We only get four shots. You better make them worth something Jeong YunHee.”

            “What am I supposed to do then?”

            “Nothing.” Kris stated as he leaned in and planted a kiss on her right cheek. As he did so another photo was taken.

            “Why did you ju-just do that?” YunHee stammered touching her steaming, hot face.

            “Why wouldn’t I? Pahli it’s your turn now.” He pointed out as he tapped his cheek. YunHee’s eyes widened. She had never taken initiative when it came to kissing. The only time she did so was that night but she thought it was just a dream. She didn’t have the guts to do it a second time. “Yah it’s a quick peck. If you can’t do it I’m going to make sure we go on every single ride here.”

            YunHee gulped at the thought as she shook her head. She was going to do it. What was the harm anyways? She pressed in and right as she was about to brush her lips against his smooth skin Kris turned abruptly. Her eyes doubled in size to see her lips sweeping against his. Once the flash had gone off she retracted herself.

            “You tricked me!” She accused as she shielded from his sight.

            “Says who? You were taking a while, therefore I decided to check. How was I supposed to know you were going to kiss me?” Kris argued back.

 

            “Unnie change your facial expression, that’s the second shot already. You make it look like spending time with me is so horrible.” XiaZi whined. YunHee shook her head and sheepishly smiled at XiaZi before turning back to the camera and smiling.

            But the smile she wore was not real or genuine. How could she smile when the man she loved most couldn’t do anything.

            As the day progressed, YunHee found herself getting hungry. “Do you think we could go eat, Xia?”

            “Of course!” she grinned, linking their arms as she brought them to a table. “What would you like madam?”

            YunHee couldn’t help but chuckle at the younger one’s action. She tapped her chin and squinted one eye. “MiYoon?” they heard a male voice holler. XiaZi turned around and YunHee followed her gaze.

            “Woohyun-ah what are you doing here?” XiaZi asked, bewildered. And then another figure popped up from behind him. This made YunHee furrow her brows.

            “He’s on a date with me!” the girl cheesed.

            “TaeLa, shouldn’t you be studying for the exam you’re having on Monday?” XiaZi pondered, shaking her head.  

            “Who cares about studying, if anything I’ll marry Woohyun Oppa!” she answered. YunHee frowned and pretended to gag, TaeLa really didn’t change. Since Kris never paid attention to her anymore, it looked like she had a new source of infatuation.

            “Yah, yah. I’m not marrying anyone. Aish why did MyungSoo ask me to watch you? You’re an adult already.” He hissed.

            “But Oppa—”

            “Stop calling me that. Anyways what are you doing here MiYoon. Are you maybe on a date?”

            XiaZi busted into a fit of laughter as she lifted her hands up and shook them. “Ani, I’m here with my sister-in-law.” Without warning she yanked YunHee up from her seat. YunHee gaped at her introduction. She nibbled on her bottom lip and stared at XiaZi.

            “So you’re the girl MiYoon’s Oppa can’t get over?” Woohyun wondered, smiling. YunHee turned to him and gave an awkward chuckle.

            “I’m not really her sister-in-law. Xiaxia likes making things up.” She replied. Her eyes skipped over to TaeLa who of course was glowering at her, as she pulled Woohyun closer to herself.

            “What was your name again?”

            “Jeong—”

            “Wu YunHee!” XiaZi cut in triumphantly. Then they heard a scoff. All eyes landed on TaeLa who rolled her eyes. She was still obviously displeased with YunHee but she failed to notice how unaffected YunHee was by her presence.

            “YunHee? I thought Myung—”

            “We have to go Oppa!” TaeLa complained, pulling him away.

            “I guess it was nice meeting you, YunHee-sshi! I’ll see you later and oh you might run into some of the others here as well MiYoon!” he managed to shout before completely disappearing.

            “Yah! Who said you could introduce me like that?!” YunHee growled. “If they tell reporters everything will be ruined.”

            “Unnie, Woohyun is a good guy. He wouldn’t say anything. It’s no big deal. Let’s go get food. Didn’t you say you were hungry?”

            “Mhm,” was all that came out of YunHee’s lips. It wasn’t Woohyun she was worried about, but TaeLa.

             As they waited for their order, YunHee’s mind along with her heart was not with her. She propped her elbow on the counter as her chest inflated and deflated. XiaZi shook her head and smiled as she checked her phone. When she wasn’t paying attention, she quickly sent her brother a text.

 

‘I think Unnie is getting bored. Are you on your way there yet?’

 

Seconds later, she received his response.

 

‘I’m almost there. You can take her home in two hours since I want her to be here by seven. ’

 

            XiaZi scanned the text but then her sight went black. Someone had cupped her eyes. “Yah Sungyeol stop being a kid.” She snickered. Then she heard a little whining sound and was able to see again.

            “You’re no fun MiYoon.” He cried out. XiaZi laughed at him and shook her head. Behind him she was able to spot the rest of the gang with the exception of MyungSoo and Woohyun.

            “Wow you guys aren’t working for once?” she gawked at them. Sungyeol grinned and slung his arm around her shoulders.

            “Not today, since Sunggyu Hyung is returning to Japan tomorrow, we thought we’d have some fun.” Sungjong explained. XiaZi nodded in understanding until she noticed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter