Taking One for the Team.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

66.

Author's Note: Wah guys thanks for checking out and subscribing to our new story, I'm thankful for you guys. :) Was the last chapter not that good D: you guys were more quiet than usual. Anyways museoun=mean and I hope you enjoy this chapter and please leave comments if you want on what you think about this chapter! I also put music as background to make it easier for you guys :) One more thing...  HAPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS <3

 

 

 

 

 

(Author's POV)

 

            YunHee did a double check as she vigorously scrubbed her eyes. “You,” she whispered still blinking uncontrollably.

            “Me,” Kris nodded, putting on his seatbelt. “What about me?”

            “Wh-why are you here? Don’t tell me you’re following me!” she exclaimed.

            “Yah, even though I’m madly in love with you, it doesn’t automatically make me an obsessive stalker!”

            “You-you’re madly in—”

            “Ah I think I’m tired,” Kris faked a yawn as he relaxed into his seat, closing his eyes. However YunHee continued to stare at him befuddled. It was the second time that day he had confessed to her and she wasn’t sure if her heart was going to burst open or not.

            Then the image of Harabeoji popped into her mind which angered her and fueled her temper. Her face turned stone cold as she stood up from her seat. Seeing the action, a flight attendant rushed over to their aisle.

            “Agasshi, mianhe but you must sit down.” She stated timidly and politely, trying her best not to sound rude.

            “Ani I want to change my seat! I’ll take a coach seat if you have one.” YunHee reasoned.

            “This flight is completely booked there are no seats for you. I don’t see what the problem is here Agasshi, just please take your seat. Take offs are never fun.” The attendant urged. YunHee puffed her cheeks out and glowered at Kris who had a smirk on his face.

            “Tired my .” She muttered and as she sat down, YunHee rolled her eyes in annoyance. Kris sneakily opened one eye to discover YunHee was looking intently out the window. He smiled before shutting his eyes again.

            What YunHee didn’t know was Kris was really tired since he had stayed up all night watching her. And once it had hit daylight, he was busy prepping breakfast. Yes it took him over four hours to cook a simple meal, but how could you blame him, he has never touched a knife before.

            As the flight took place, YunHee had no choice but to sit next to Kris the whole time. Although he was asleep throughout most of the ride, she found him irritating. She would constantly glare at him and every once in a while when Kris caught her, he’d about it.

            “Am I that handsome that you can’t stop admiring my face?”

            “Tch, actually I’m wondering why someone so horrendous was created and how unfortunate life is for having me seated next to you.” She scoffed.

            “Why is it unfortunate? I thought you said you’d have an amazing day as long as I was out of your house? And last time I checked, I’m out of your house, yes?” Kris retorted.

            “Well that was because I thought I wouldn’t have to see your face for the rest of the day!” YunHee snapped back, blowing at her bangs.

            Kris silently chuckled and shook his head. “You’re going to Thailand for MY resort. Did you really think I wouldn’t also be coming?”

            “Bo? You knew about this trip?”

            “Of course, who do you think arranged the flight?”

            “If I knew that, I wouldn’t have bothered showing up,” she muttered.

            “It’s business related Yunnie, if you have other ideas in mind I’d be glad to listen.” Kris chimed, nudging her arm.

            “Don’t call me that.” She instructed.

            “Waeyo? Yunnie, Yunnie, Yunnie—”

            “Yah Mo Tian Lou!” YunHee yelled, standing up. “You’re annoying, shut up. Like you said this is a business trip. Once we land the only time I will attempt to communicate with you is when it involves business!”

            “You called me mo tian lou, I guess old habits never change.” Kris smiled.

YunHee mentally slapped herself for the slip of the tongue as she angrily sat down, bickering with herself.

            At last after a few hours of flying, they had arrived at their destination, safe and sound. As YunHee got on her toes to try and reach for her carry-on bag, she failed in doing so. “Aish.” She groaned, ready to step on one of the seats. However a slim arm beat her to it.

            “Without heels you aren’t that tall, still the same height too.” Kris noted, exiting the plane with her bag in hand.

            YunHee, dumbfounded about what had just happened, ran after him right away. “Who dresses up for a plane ride?” she reasoned, snatching her bag from Kris.

            “Obviously not you,” he mocked, examining her up and down. “I guess that hangover made you too tired to doll yourself up. But it’s okay I like this YunHee better.” YunHee looked at herself to find that she in a pair of sneakers, a sweater and denim shorts.

            “Did I ask you’re opinion? No.” she answered, power-walking in front of him. YunHee quickly threw her hood over her head and placed on her shades as she walked out of the airport doors.

            “Where are you going?” Kris hollered, running up behind her.

            “Why do you keep following me?! Why don’t you go your way and I’ll go my way!” YunHee fumed, searching for her designated driver.

            “Why would I do that if we’re going the same way?” he questioned, raising a brow at her. “You probably don’t even know where you’re going anyways.”

            “I—” YunHee fell silent and unknowingly scratched her head.

            “Then it’s set, kajah our driver is waiting.” Kris prodded, walking away. YunHee stared blankly at him and then scanned her surroundings. Even if she didn’t want to go with him she was positive she wouldn’t be able to find her way around a foreign country. Especially one as big as Thailand, for crying out loud she didn’t even know what city they were currently in. And all she knew how to say was yes.

            Her hands bunched up into fists as she gritted her teeth, she swallowed hard when she knew saliva wasn’t the only thing she had to swallow down. It was her pride too. She cursed a few times before she heard Kris calling out to her.

            “Are you just going to stand there all day?!”

            “No, I’m not idiotic like you.” She spat back, rushing to the car.

            “Ladies first,” he insisted.

            “With your damn mood swings, shouldn’t you go first.” She snorted, satisfied with her response.

            “So you’re calling yourself a man?” he sang, grinning.

            YunHee’s eyes widened while her chest deflated in defeat. She bit her bottom lip and glared at Kris under her shades. “Stop glaring at people, get in.” he stated.

            “Why are you assuming that I was glaring at you?” she questioned, shoving him aside as she climbed into the vehicle.

            “Because that’s all you do nowadays.” He answered, shutting the door.

            “You know what else I could do?” YunHee leaned towards Kris and flicked his forehead. “That.” Once Kris winced, rubbing the spot she had struck, YunHee found herself laughing at him. But when she realized what she was doing, she calmed down and returned to her stale expression.

            “Yah why are you so abusive?” he whined.

            “Why are you such a pansy?”

            “I’m not.”

            “Is too.”

            “I said I wasn’t!”

            “Then stop fighting back and crying like a five year old!” YunHee compromised and when he silenced, she was somewhat glad he had listened to her. She smiled softly, seeing Kris sullen.

            When Kris caught her, he grinned again. “Are you already falling for me so soon?”

            YunHee pinched her brows together and her teeth, “No, I’m smiling because I don’t have to deal with your annoying complaints. Too bad I still have to hear your voice and see your face.”

            “If that’s what you want to tell yourself to feel better, than I’m fine with it.” He declared.

            “How did Xiaxia even manage to put up with you,” she grumbled under her breath. YunHee shut her eyes and began to drift asleep.

            Kris turned to her to discover her head swaying side to side, bobbing up and down according to the movement of the car. He sighed and scooted closer to her. “If it takes me being annoying and childish to get the old you to come back, I’m willing to do it.” He whispered, pushing her head on his shoulder.

            “For you, I’m willing to do anything.”

            “Sir do you still wish to proceed with the plan after the meeting is over?” his driver asked, glancing at the mirror to see Kris’ face.

            “Of course, you have everything set, correct?”

            “Neh.”

            “Let’s hope it works out perfectly,” he muttered, stealing another glimpse of the sleeping YunHee.

 

...

 

            “Yah sleepyhead, wake up,” Kris commanded gently as he poked YunHee’s cheek.

            “Ani Abeoji, ten more minutes.” She replied barely awake and hitting his hand away.  Kris got out of the car to find that it was already nightfall.

“Why are you calling me Abeoji? Shouldn’t our kids be calling me that instead?” he teased and this immediately caused YunHee to shoot her eyes open.

“Our kids?! Yeah right!” she snickered, stretching her arms out. “Where are we?”

“Pattaya, Thailand.” The driver answered swiftly.

“This is the hotel we’ll be staying at until our trip is over. Come on we have to have dinner, the meeting is tomorrow at eleven.” He prompt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter