A Thousand Times Over.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

33.

Author's Note: For those who wanted Kris and YunHee time, I hope this satisfies you all. It did for me :) Please enjoy.

 

(Author’s POV)

 

            YunHee woke up with swollen eyes as she recollected Kris’ hurtful words. She didn’t know why she was so affected by it. It just felt like her heart was being stabbed knowing that was how he had seen her.

            “Is he that heartbroken?” she whispered as she scanned the room. Kris was nowhere to be seen. She let out a sigh of disappointment not seeing him there. “It’s for the better Zheng FangLien. Wu YiFan is not someone you wish to acquaint with.”

            YunHee leapt out of bed as she made her way to the washroom. She was half asleep as she stumbled side to side. The door swung open and before her was Kris wearing only a towel around his waist. Her eyes nearly bulged out as she covered them. “YAH WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!”

            Kris froze seeing the situation he was in. “I was er, only showering?”

            “I can see that. Go get some clothes on! This isn’t a free for all!” She ordered flustered. Yet Kris stood there smiling because she was talking to him. YunHee created slits between her fingers as she peeked. “YAH!” she shouted again seeing Kris grinning.      

            Instead of doing as told Kris grabbed her shoulder and pulled her in. His wet body leaning against her. “Can you forgive me?” YunHee’s hands were still over her eyes as she felt the water from Kris transferring to her.

             “Let m-me go.” She stammered. Kris smiled even wider for she was not giving him an angry and bossy command. But a sweet, gentle plea He felt whole again knowing YunHee was communicating with him. He pulled away as he retrieved his clothes. He threw on shorts and a gray shirt.

            “You can take your hands off now.” Kris assured standing in front of her but she shook her head. He chuckled as he removed her hands himself. Her face was bright red, even with swollen eyes and messy bed hair Kris thought she was cute.

            She cleared as she slipped her hands from his grasp. She awkwardly coughed as she sped to the bathroom. YunHee slammed the door shut as she ran to the mirror.      

            “My face, why’s it so red!?” She exclaimed as she began splashing water on herself. She looked up and it was still red.  “Wait, why was he being nice? He really is bipolar, how can Appa allow me to stay with him? Next thing I know he’s going to want to kill me.”

            “YunHee gwenchana?” Kris spoke gently tapping the door.

            “What the, neh.” She called back confused.

            “Good, everyone is asleep still. So I’ll go upstairs and ask Ahjumma Seo to make breakfast for you before we go to work, arasso?” YunHee stayed quiet as she pressed her ear up against the door. She heard the creaking of stairs and then her bedroom door opening and closing.

            Figuring the coast was clear she stepped back into her room. There she saw her bed had been made. YunHee scratched her head thinking if last night was just some sort of nightmare. But then she remembered her eyes. “What’s up with him, he didn’t do anything to me while I was sleeping, did he?!” She panicked checking herself in the mirror. She looked perfectly fine as she ascended to the dining area.

            YunHee arrived to find Kris positioned in his normal seat enjoying some orange juice. He glanced up at her and smiled. “Good morning.”

            YunHee shot him a weird face as she scrunched up her nose and furrowed her brows. “What’s wrong with you?”

            “What do you mean what’s wrong with me? Nothing’s wrong with me.” Kris replied nonchalantly.

            “Liar. I have no appetite eating with you. I’m heading off first.” She announced exiting the house. “Why did I tell him I was leaving? Aish.”

            “Wait for me YunHee!” She heard him holler as she turned around Kris was galloping towards her. She stood still as he continued to walk pass her. She cocked her head to the side and stared at his back. Something strange was really going on.

            “Why are you stopping, Kahja!” He beamed slipping his hand into hers as he dragged her along.

            YunHee’s heart skipped a beat at their skinship. His hands were as soft as the first time they had held hands at the banquet. Then she instinctively pulled back recalling his ill behavior from the night before. Kris faced her and jutted out his lips. “Is everything okay?”

            “Don’t touch me. I don’t need you to be mean and then nice out of the blue. Pick one and stick with it.” YunHe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter