What's So Funny?

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXIII.

Author's Note: My transfer kids were so quiet! no fun :( Haha but here is my first update of the day :) it's kinda long so be warned. Please leave comments. Drum roll please this is what we've been waiting for :D.

 

 

(YunHee’s POV)

 

            “Bo? Harabeoji are you serious?” I asked with a mixture of emotions.

            “Mhm, your father called and confirmed for you to prepare the three guest rooms.” He answered sipping his tea.

            “Who are these people anyways?” All Harabeoji told me earlier was that Appa’s friends were in trouble and they needed a place to stay but he didn’t elaborate much. Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t pissed, mad or upset if my father was friends with these people that meant they were trustworthy and kind. Therefore I ran off and did what was asked of me.

            I tidied the bathrooms and made sure the beds were presentable. It also got a little chilly at night therefore I stored extra blankets in the closets incase they needed any. I swept the floors eliminating those little dust bunnies and mopped after.

            Harabeoji always taught me to be a good host and that’s exactly what I was doing. These people were guests in my home and I needed to show them respect. I was kind of excited to have new company. I was hoping they would have a daughter around my age at least then I wouldn’t be as lonely. I could talk to her about things like LuHan for example.

            Here there wasn’t anybody even close to my age. The adults were all over thirty and the children all under sixteen. I felt like an outcast. I got along with them well but sometimes I just needed someone who would understand me. I love it here I really do but a bit of change wouldn’t hurt. When were these people supposed to arrive again?

            I was snapped out of my thoughts once I heard my phone beep. Hmm, I wonder who that could be? I smiled mischievously.

 

‘Yunnie, mianhe Oppa has been busy. I know you’re jealous that my restaurant is stealing all my attention from you. When I go back to Korea I promise I’ll spend all my time with you. :) Until then don’t talk to any other boys or I will not be a happy reindeer. Arasso?’

 

            Tch, I knew I shouldn’t have told him that nickname Harabeoji gave me. He knows it makes me feel like a child and he uses it anyways. Babo, I giggled amusedly.

 

‘Yah what did I say about calling me that? Pfft, why would I be jealous you’re so full of yourself, who says I want to spend time with you? I’ll talk to all the boys I want until you stop calling me Yunnie :P.’

           

            He was definitely going to get mad, serves him right. I stuck my tongue out pretending he could see me, aren’t I cool? Suddenly I heard the clanging of pots from the kitchen. “Harabeoji!” I ran so fast I swear I left tread marks!

            I reached the kitchen to find several pots scattered about and him sitting on a chair catching his breath. “Omo gwenchana? What happened?” I asked examining him for injuries.

            “Ah, gwenchana. I just pulled the bottom pot accidentally and the rest came tumbling down.” He replied.

            But he looked so pale and why would he have to catch his breath for something so small? This Harabeoji of mine. “What were you trying to do?”

            “Prepare for dinner, your dad said they’ll be home by then.”

            “Ah you could’ve told me to do that. You should relax Harabeoji. You can be my supervisor while I cook arasso?” I beamed throwing on my mom’s favorite apron which hung near my dad’s. Yes it was a couple’s set and a cute one at that.

            “What were you planning on making?”

            He tapped his chin thinking of a response. “Ddubokki, kimchi stew, stir fried vegetable, roasted chicken, noo-”

            “Wah, yah Harabeoji were you planning on feeding an entire army? I don’t even eat that much.” I pouted.

            “Stop whining, they’re guests. It’s not going to be an everyday thing.” He retorted wittingly. 

            “Fine. Because I love you.” I cooed as I retrieved the ingredients for each course.

 

 

 

 

(Author’s POV)

 

            After hours of hard work YunHee had completed dinner. She trailed behind her grandfather as he inspected each dish. It was as if he was a major food critic when he tasted each one. YunHee clutched onto the apron with each bite he took. He’d chew or swallow, wait a minute or two until moving onto the next course. 

            He had tried each dish and now it was the moment of truth. YunHee held her breath as she waited for her results. Harabeoji had his poker face on so she couldn’t predict what he was thinking. It was quiet until a smile slithered onto his face.

            “I have taught you well.” He praised clapping his hands.

            “Really?! Yes!” she cheered jumping around. “I have to go water the vegetables though I’ll be b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter