Trapped.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

52.

Author's Note: You guys are all so patient with me and gahhhhhhh Ive had this scene in mind since forever so here it is! This is also a gift from me because I got a 100 on my Process Analysis Essay! Thanks to everyone who voted <3 This is a treat hopefully comments are loved :)

 

(Author's POV)

 

            “I think I’m going to feed the animals, when will Phoebus be back from the vet’s again Appa?” YunHee raised her brow as she stood up.

            “Soon sweetie, it’s getting dark out. You can just feed them tomorrow.” Mr. Zheng replied turning the television off.

            “But Appa the last time I fed them was this morning. Please, I’ll be really, really, really fast!” she begged causing the others to giggle.

            “Arasso but YiFan will have to go with you.” Harabeoji bargained as YunHee froze. Slowly she turned to Kris who was smiling at her. She shuddered and nodded. Truth be told, YunHee was starting to feel weird around her sunbae. After the whole accident that took place she was experiencing strange sensations in the pit of her stomach every time he was present.  

            Although they still shared a room YunHee would always run to bed first hiding under her covers pretending to be sleep so he wouldn’t talk to her. She even agreed to have dinner with everyone else just so she wouldn’t have to be alone with him. She didn’t know what was happening to her but that feeling caused her heart to speed rapidly and her stomach to churn constantly. YunHee couldn’t decide if she liked it or not.  

            “Aren’t you going to come Yunnie?” Kris questioned sweetly as he opened the door. YunHee snapped out of her thoughts and trudged after him. The walk to the stable was so silent even the crickets’ repeated chirps sounded louder than usual. “Have you been avoiding me?”

            “Eh?” YunHee said looking at Kris as she tried to conceal her guilt. “A-ani. Why would I avoid Sunbae?”

            “If I find out you’re lying to me I will be very, very disappointed and mad at you.” He announced wagging his finger at her. “And if you are you better stop it or I won’t be happy.”

            “Ne-neh sunbae.” YunHee answered obediently hanging her head low. In a way she felt relief that they were talking again. At last they arrived at their destination. YunHee’s mood instantly changed as she entered the wooden structure. The stables were built mainly as a haven for the horses but because they did not have many Harabeoji decided to move the other animals in there as well.

            When they entered they were welcomed by the different sounds each creature made. YunHee happily skipped over to the food bucket that contained the substance the chicken consumed. She picked it up and made way to the pin where all the clucking came from. “Annyeong! Yunnie is here to feed you!” She beamed sprinkling the seeds for them.

            Kris leaned against the wall with his arms crossed onto his chest. While he was observing YunHee he smiled again. He wasn’t stupid; he knew she was avoiding him intentionally after all she does think she’s a seven year old girl. What kid wouldn’t be nervous after kissing someone she thought was three times her age. YunHee was laughing whole-heartedly while conversing with each creature.

            After feeding the smaller animals the biggest challenge was yet to come. YunHee skipped over to the pile of hay as she stared at it for a few seconds. She put on a determined face as she hoisted a stack up. Once she did she nodded in satisfaction while heading to the first stall. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter