She's Back Part II.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

62.

Author's Note: HAI GUYS! I love you all, without you guys I wouldn't have the guts to keep updating! <3 thank you for being so kind to me, please enjoy this chapter!

 

(Author's POV)

 

“So this is the famous Los Angeles, California?” YunHee questioned as her and MyungSoo went to claim their luggage. 

            “Mhm.” He replied stretching as he yawned.  “Hey maybe we’ll see a lot of American movie stars!”

            “I think that’s Hollywood MyungSoo.” She corrected which made him chuckle.

            “We can go there too, kahja. We should go and check out our new home for the next three years!”

            “Our new home?” YunHee repeated as her voice pitch increased towards the end.

            “Neh, your dad thought it would be best if you had someone with you.” He explained as he picked up his possessions. When YunHee saw her suitcase she extended her arm to get it but MyungSoo had already beat her to it. She looked at him peculiarly and snatched the handle from him.

            “You’re still hurt aren’t you?” MyungSoo mumbled as he trailed behind her. “Please don’t lose track of who you are because of this.”

            When YunHee and MyungSoo arrived at their new apartment they were rather pleased. It was nothing fancy really, just a house on the second floor with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen and a decent sized living room. As they gave themselves a tour YunHee headed straight to her room. When MyungSoo opened his mouth to speak, her loud door slamming told him to leave her alone.

            The first few months weren’t easy for the duo. YunHee had a hard time speaking English, in fact it was so bad that the school had to give her her own personal translator and tutor. The other students didn’t really wish to approach the girl who couldn’t speak their language properly and so they didn’t.

            After weeks of staying up late practicing her English and attempting to do her work YunHee found herself making progress. When she felt like giving up or losing hope she always pulled out the letter Harabeoji had left for her. At night before she went to bed she’d hold the envelope near her chest, close her eyes and say a short prayer before kissing it and placing it under her pillow.

            This was the only thing that kept YunHee going along with MyungSoo’s support. As time wasted away it was clear to MyungSoo that the girl he loved was beginning to lose herself. She was beginning to change into a whole new person and he knew why. Although YunHee wasn’t the same his feelings for her were unaltered.

            No matter how hard she tried pushing MyungSoo away he would keep coming back. He never doubted her or his love for her even for a second. Ever so slowly he noticed how comfortable she had gotten with him even with her cold front. Soon enough YunHee started talking to him more since he was the only person she could really rely on. And to that he was thankful enough.

            With months passing by MyungSoo saw how hard YunHee was studying. Almost every night he would wake up at three to find her sleeping on the dining table with her books spread out everywhere. Her soft breathing and angelic face never failed to capture his heart.

            And this night was no different. MyungSoo found her sleeping soundly as he covered her with a blanket. He curled a strand of hair behind her ear before placing a subtle kiss on her scalp. “You can do it YunHee-ah, I believe in you.” He whispered.

 


                                                                                                                                                        

3 years later.

 

            “I finally did it Harabeoji,” YunHee whispered as she held her diploma. She bowed to her school’s dean as he patted her shoulder. She descended down the steps as she searched for MyungSoo. When she saw him she nodded in acknowledgement to his thumbs-up and smile.  

            “Congratulations to our business class of 2015!” the dean bellowed into the microphone and as he did so the students erupted into cries, smiles, and cheers. They tossed their caps up into the air as they hugged and fist-pumped one another. Fortunately graduation was something universal therefore YunHee didn’t feel like too much of an outcast.

            “Chughahaeyo YunHee-ah!” MyungSoo beamed as he tousled her hair.

            “Yah I’m not a child, don’t do that.” She scowled fixing herself.

            “Ara, ara but here. This is my gift.” He answered handing her a bouquet of white lilacs and yellow daisies. YunHee stared at it and felt herself soften. She took it from him and bowed.

            “Komawo…L.”

            “Yah, yah! Don’t call me that.” He scoffed shaking his head. “If you do I won’t give you the second part of my gift.”

            “Whatever L.” she rebelled again as they were joined by a few of her classmates.

            “YunHee it was very nice to meet you, when you get back to Korea email us!” a tall Caucasian woman smiled as she ran her fingers through her lengthy blonde hair. She quickly turned to MyungSoo and winked at him with her greenish-blue eyes.

            YunHee noticed the exchange and nodded. “I will Amy, thank you for being very kind.” She answered back in English with her Korean accent fumbling her words.

            “No problem we enjoyed your presence here at our school. Goodbye.” A man of the Latino heritage pointed out as they all left.

 

play me.

 

            “Looks like someone is popular.” MyungSoo teased.

            “Looks like someone has a new admirer.” She retorted rolling her eyes.

 

.....

 

            “Unnie!” XiaZi shouted as she sprinted towards YunHee while Mr. Zheng, Ms. Kim along with Mr. Ahn all walked behind.

            “XiaZi.” she answered hugging the younger woman.

            “MyungSoo!” MyungSoo stated not wanting to feel left out. The girls turned to him as XiaZi giggled. He frowned and watched their warm embrace. “Don’t I get a hug to Xia? I know you missed me.”  

            She reddened at his statement as she slowly walked over to him. She lifted her arms and was abruptly pulled into his chest. “Arasso, arasso break it up you love birds. Everyone is waiting for us.” Mr. Zheng teased.

            Instantly XiaZi’s body temperature shot through the roof as she blushed breaking the hug. MyungSoo however seemed unaffected as he looked at YunHee who was now walking with Ahjusshi Ahn.

            “You’ve grown up a lot. You even changed your attire and hair.” Ahjusshi Ahn noted as YunHee simply nodded.

It had been her second year in America when her classmate, Amy had recommended that she should alter her wardrobe and change her hair. Something about looking the part of a business woman would make people take you more seriously.               

YunHee had thought about it for awhile, she even discussed it with MyungSoo who had told her she didn’t need to change anything about herself. But in the end she knew that Amy was right, with her appearance, YunHee would only be seen as a joke.

After she decided to take her new friend’s advice, she noticed the drastic change in attitude her peers and teachers presented. That was when YunHee declared that this would be her permanent style.

Her once long, brown hair that reached half-way down her back was snipped off stopping just above her shoulders. She would at times wear it wavy accompanied with her side bangs which swept to the right.

Her style went from shorts, t-shirts, jeans, sweatshirts, and sneakers to pencil skirts, blouses, dresses, peacock coats, heels and sandals. If anyone was to compare the old YunHee to the new one, they wouldn’t believe their eyes. She even began wearing light make-up even though it was not needed.

However what changed most was not YunHee’s exterior but interior. Although MyungSoo had tried strenuously to melt her cold heart she would disallow it. Three years away from her family made her independent and eventually forced her into maturity. At her university there was no time for fun or games, everything was strictly business. It was hard for her at first but soon enough she adapted to this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter