Promising You Tonight.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

55.

Author's Note: Because I owe Xinnie one! Hello all my subbies I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

 

(Author's POV)

 

“Here I’ll help you.” Kris offered as he reached over YunHee’s shoulder to get the orange bunch she was struggling to retrieve. YunHee stole a glimpse of him then stepped away. “Didn’t you want this?”

            “Mhm, neh.” She answered holding out her hands for him. But instead Kris took a step towards her and stuck his hand into her bag which was dangling beside her hip.

            Before pulling back he leaned into her ear not caring about their closeness. “Don’t be so shy Yunnie; you’re making it quite obvious that you like me.”

            “Just because I kissed you once doesn’t mean anything.” She argued.

            “You kissed me more than once though…so it has to mean something. Plus that night when you just jumped on me well,”

            “Yah I said I was testing something out.”

            “Too bad I didn’t get to test out what I wanted to. Aigoo I can’t believe you were saved by your dad but next time I’ll get to test it out for sure.” Kris chided pulling away. YunHee reddened remembering the smug, cheeky smile her father wore when he interrupted the two.

...

            “Yunnie- Omo. Aish why didn’t you guys lock the door at least? Now that I’ve seen this I have to be a good father. Kris please do not violate my daughter, I know that you guys are now dating but how about we save all of that for after the wedding?”

            “Appa! I wasn’t, we weren’t. I’m not marrying him!” YunHee defended as she detached herself from Kris’ grip.

            “Of course Abeoji!” Kris beamed as he cheesed happily, “I would never violate her like that. She’s too precious.”

...

            “We have to gather these fruits before it gets too cold out here.” Ahjumma Im pointed out snipping precisely at the stems.

            “Geurae tomorrow is already September 1st, if we delay on gathering the crops they’ll be no good.” Harabeoji agreed.

            “September 1st… isn’t that the same day that Omma and I-”

            “Yunnie come help me over here!” Mr. Zheng shouted from another row as he waved the scissors in the air.

            “Neh!” she replied skipping to his assistance.

            “Harabeoji I heard from Omma and Appa that September 1st is the death anniversary of Yunnie’s mom, is it true?” Kris questioned. The elder exhaled deeply and nodded. “But, but how are we going to explain that part to her?!”

            “I guess we just explain it or we could not mention it. JinAe’s grave is located in Seoul anyways and I think this year we’ll just have SunWoo and ShenLei go. I think it’d be too much for her to handle. She may be remembering but we have to consider the fact that she still acts like a child and she’ still rather vulnerable.” He explained.

            “That’s right I’ll try to distract her tomorrow then.” Kris pledged as he held his hand up.

.....

            “Appa left this morning without me but he never goes anywhere without me.” YunHee pouted as she sulked into her seat.

            “You’re such a crybaby; he’ll be back so relax.” Kris assured. He turned to look out the window to see dark gray clouds forming.

            “We should tell everyone to stop working it looks like a storm will be coming in soon.” Mr. Wu observed as they nodded in unison.

            “I’ll go!” YunHee volunteered as her hand shot up first into the air.

            “I’ll go with you.” Kris stated but then she frowned.

            “Why do you always want to go everywhere with me? You’re like a stalker.” She muttered under her breath.

            “Because I love you and that is the only reason I need.” He answered which stunned her immensely.

            “Y-yah why were you eavesdropping?” she exclaimed.

            “How was I eavesdropping, you were talking to me.” Kris rebutted with an eyebrow cocked up.

            “Arasso, arasso. Go get the umbrella in the room then.” She ordered and he was more than willing to oblige. But once Kris disappeared down the stairs YunHee made a break for it. Without leaving time for anyone to react she skied out the door onto the dirt path without anything to protect her from the oncoming storm.

            “Tch, he thought he could outsmart me yeah right.” YunHee boasted as she turned back to the house which seemed much smaller than before.

            When she arrived at the shed which the workers all took their breaks in, she stopped at the door upon hearing their conversation. “I can’t believe it’s been thirteen years so fast. It’s sad even her own daughter can’t remember her death anniversary.” One of the younger workers scolded.

            “It’s not her fault, how could you say that about our young miss. For the past twelve years she’s been an obedient daughter. Was it her fault that she’s suffering from amnesia? No. So you have no right to say that about her.” Another one retorted back which earned her a of the teeth from her fellow co-worker.

            “I’m just saying, how forgetful could someone be to forget something that important? If she forgot I guess it wasn’t that important to her.”

            YunHee cupped her hand over as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter