Saranghaeyo.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

48.

Author's Note: ankeaenkeli I made the changes on the horses thanks for telling me :) Anyways this is a lengthy chapter! I hope you guys don't get bored because this chapter shows the progress between the two <3 Please leave comments and DO listen to the song it's perfect :)

 

(Author's POV)

 

 “YunHee how old are you?” the doctor questioned with a nurse behind him. YunHee shyly looked at her grandfather who nodded his head. She held up seven fingers but said nothing. Everyone exchanged worried glances as Mr. Zheng and Ms. Kim followed the doctor out.

            “She’s suffering from what?!” Mr. Zheng exclaimed out in the corridor.

            “Short term memory loss. Actually she’s forgotten the last thirteen years of her life. After examining her and her previous medical records we’ve discovered this is not the first incident she’s experienced where her head was injured. In both cases YunHee’s head was impacted greatly. First the hit to the dashboard created a small dent near her frontal lobe and then once she fainted and hit the rock the impact on her skull deepened.” He reported.

            “You’re saying our Yunnie thinks she’s back in the year 1999? And that she’s a child? That’s ludicrous!” Ms. Kim exclaimed.

            “It may be but I guess there was something that triggered her to believe she is back in that time frame. I’ve learned that your wife also passed that year, losing a loved one must have been horrible for her. In fact it isn’t rare for one traumatic situation to be linked to another. MyungSoo said she was being chased when he found her perhaps that led to this. Mianhe.”

            “Is there nothing we can do? I can’t have my twenty year old daughter thinking she’s a child! Especially at that age! You don’t understand the hardship she faced. I can’t allow her to relive that experience.” Mr. Zheng cried out yet the doctor only shook his head.

            “For now you will just have to let her memory come back by itself. If you tell her everything I told you it could affect her the wrong way. You have to understand right now your daughter is a child. She will easily become frightened by your words. It’s the wise choice Mr. Zheng. If she forces herself to remember now it could prevent her from ever regaining her memories. Please I advise you to take this into consideration. You will be able to check her out tomorrow morning.” Finishing his briefing session the physician patted Mr. Zheng’s shoulder and left.

            “ShenLei what are we going to do?” Ms. Kim panicked.

            “I guess nothing. We can’t tell her and risk her memories never returning SunWoo. Come on we should inform the others. This isn’t going to be a fun time for any of us. If she thinks she’s seven she’s going to behave the way she did back then.”

            “Appa!” YunHee shouted when the door opened. The two adults’ faces had fallen as they shook their heads. “What’s wrong? Is Omma okay? Can I see her now?”

            “No you can’t YunHee. We’re going home tomorrow.” Her father answered sternly and she pouted.

            “Waeyo? Omma will be happy when she sees me.” YunHee noted.

            “YunHee you know what happened please stop.” Ms. Kim whimpered but she shook her head.

            “Andwae! Omma was just tired. She’s here! That’s why we’re at the hospital!” she screamed as she threw her hands over her ears. “I don’t want to listen to you guys lying to me!”

            Harabeoji wrapped his arms around his traumatized granddaughter as he had done thirteen years ago. “It’s okay Yunnie.”

            “Harabeoji why are they ly-lying to me?” She sobbed but he didn’t answer.

            Kris stood in the corner as he observed her. His heart was breaking. He didn’t know what in the world was happening. The girl before his eyes was not the Jeong YunHee he knew. She was a child who didn’t even acknowledge his presence. XiaZi came up to him and gave a weak smile. “Will Unnie be okay?”

            He didn’t know how to answer that so he remained silent as he pulled his sister into his arms. “I hope so.” He muffled. He faced YunHee who was still in her grandfather’s embrace crying.

 

(Kris’ POV)

 

            After some hours Harabeoji managed to calm YunHee down as she drifted to sleep. While she was resting Ahjusshi explained to us what had happened. The adults were all very tired but none wanted to head home. I however prodded them in doing so promising to keep an eye on her. As the door shut I took my rightful place by her side. I brushed my fingers against her cheek and chewed on the inside of my lip. “Mianhe Yunnie.”

            “I don’t know how I should be feeling right now. I never even told you how I really felt. I’ve been hurting you maybe this is a chance for us to start again. It’s selfish of me I know but I swear this time I’ll do everything right. I won’t hurt you I won’t leave you. I’ll stick by you, love you, cherish you. Jeong YunHee I’m going to make you fall in love with me. I want you to feel everything I’ve felt towards you.”

            I sat there quietly watching her shift in her sleep. All I am aware of is I wouldn’t be able to picture my life without you. I miss your taunting, your laugh, your witty comments, I miss you so much. Now that you’re awake I feel at ease again. But will your taunting, laughing and commenting be the same?

 I couldn’t believe what Ahjusshi had told us. Thirteen years of her memories gone. How is she going to behave once we return home? She has no idea who I am to her but it’s okay I’ll make her remember me. Even if it takes time. You have no idea how relieved I am to hear her voice. Two weeks, two long and painful weeks I waited for this moment. I’m not going to waste anymore time on anyone else but you.

I slipped my hand into her own and she took it and placed it near her heart just like the first night we met. I smiled and thought back to all the times I had with her, whether they be good or bad.

            First I recalled the look on her face once I stepped out of my car, our first encounter. She seemed stunned which made my heart thump a little faster. Next came the hospital scene very similar to this one. I smiled as I think back to the banquet. She was beautiful in her blue gown and curled hair. When we walked down those stairs hand in hand I felt what I hadn’t felt in years. Now I know why. Her dazzling smile stole my heart and I never even realized it.

            When she glared at me for sneezing with her brows furrowed and her nostrils slightly flared. Cute. I gently squeeze onto her hand as my memories brought me back further.

 

 ~.`~.` play me now :)`.~.`~

 “Tch, don’t touch me skinship creep! I know you took that sly opportunity to hug me. You greasy guy!” she scoffed slapping my hand away.                                                           

Greasy guy? I’m not greasy but then I unintentionally thought back to the night at the hospital when she took my hand and positioned it on her…my eyes skipped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter