The Walk.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

46.

Author's Note: Because the last chapter wasn't all that satisfying to me. Double Update for everyone! :) Please enjoy! Intense chapter... I hope so!

 

(Author's POV)

 

YunHee stopped smiling when she was greeted by TaeLa clinging onto Kris’ arm. She broke her embrace and looked away. Then it hit her. “Oppa?” She stared up at MyungSoo who was also speechless.

            “Yah MyungSoo Oppa! Can you hear me?” TaeLa questioned frowning deeply.

            “Myung-MyungSoo Oppa? You know him?” YunHee said confused.

            “Well duh. I’d like to think I know my own brother.” She scoffed. YunHee shook her head a little frazzled as she looked from MyungSoo to TaeLa from TaeLa to Kris.

            “You’re her brother? That means you’re HyunRi’s cousin too! Babo. Aish Jeong YunHee!” YunHee scolded herself as she backed away from all three parties.

            “I can explain YunHee-ah!” MyungSoo began.

            “That’s why you knew there was going to be a problem. That’s why you apologized in her place!” YunHee pieced together as she dropped the panda a second time. “You’re like them. You pretended to be nice for what? To embarrass me? Haven’t I suffered enough from your sister already?”

            “Yah don’t talk to my Oppa like that! So what if I stomped on your stupid bear?” TaeLa defended as she walked up to YunHee.

            “You what?” Kris asked as he looked at TaeLa then YunHee. TaeLa smacked her forehead realizing she had confessed.

            “No-nothing Kris Oppa.” She sang nervously returning back to his side.

            “Oh for mom and dad’s sake TaeLa quit being shameless! You intentionally ruined YunHee-ah’s panda bear earlier! I saw it all on tape.” MyungSoo growled as he regretfully looked at YunHee.

            Kris grinded his teeth prying TaeLa’s arms off as he walked over to YunHee. He reached his hand out to her but she moved away. “Yunnie.”

            “People who don’t trust me don’t get the privilege to call me that.” She stated bitterly. At that moment she felt so betrayed. She didn’t know why but she just did. She met MyungSoo’s eyes one last time and then Kris’. Not wanting to break down from all the betrayal and deception she had just witnessed she did the only logical thing in her mind. Run.

            “Yunnie!”

            “YunHee-ah! Aish TaeLa this is your fault! You trouble maker!” MyungSoo exclaimed furious. “What are you doing here? Go and run after your girl!”

            Kris glanced at MyungSoo who only minutes ago had his arms wrapped around YunHee, then glared at TaeLa before he took off.

            YunHee ran dodging everyone who had gotten in her way. It was becoming nightfall as she sprinted to who knows where. She rested her hands on her knees as she caught her breath. She fell to the ground holding her heart recalling her argument with Kris then her time with MyungSoo. She didn’t know who she was more upset with as she sat there crying softly.

            “He probably thought I was stupid.” She muffled as she used her forearm as a tissue. She glanced up as she saw the lights for the carousel flicker on. Her eyes lit up at the sight and then she remembered. “This isn’t my first time here.”

 

...

“Wah Omma this is so pretty! I love it, it’s like Cinderella’s castle! Can we move here?” YunHee chirped skipping about. Mr. and Mrs. Zheng locked hands as they watched their daughter run amuck.  They smiled lovingly and stayed close behind.

            It was their tenth anniversary and the endearing couple chose to spend it with their five year old daughter at Lotte World. “Yah Yunnie! Don’t go off too far!” Mr. Zheng advised as his wife lightly hit his chest.

            “Let her have some fun! Besides she’s only a kid once.”

            “Aigoo, arasso.” He caved in kissing her on the cheek.

            “Eww. Omma, Appa no kissing while I’m here!” YunHee cried as she stuck her tongue out at them. The couple laughed in sync as they shook their heads. “Omo! Can we go on this one?”

            YunHee had stopped in front of the carousel which looked utterly beautiful at night as she jumped up and down. Mrs. Zheng nodded as she helped her daughter onto a horse. She stood by her and the ride began. “I never want to leave this place!” YunHee shouted happily as her mom smiled sweetly at her.

 

...

 

            “Back then I loved this place so much because of you Omma. But now I can’t stand it.” YunHee whispered as she saw a pair of feet in front of her. She didn’t want to look up since she knew who it was already. She cleaned her face up as the figure squatted to her level. He lifted her chin allowing their eyes to meet.

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter