Emotions Roaming Free.. In the Mind at Least

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

37.

Author's Note: Hehe sorry about the last update but I tried making it up to you guys with this chapter :) Enjoy and also thank you to those who viewed She's My Knight in Shining Armour and subscribing it meant alot <3.

 

(Kris’ POV)

           

            “Why did you lie?!” I exclaimed as we got into the car. YunHee was quiet as she fiddled with her fingers. “Yah!”

            She looked up at me and I calmed down. Those eyes, her eyes, she’s hurting. “Can we just go home? I’m tired.” I nodded my head in understanding as we disembarked to our destination. The ride was silent, too silent. Was she that hurt? Why couldn’t she just tell everyone their real relationship, it would’ve been easier.

            We arrived to only be greeted by an empty house. YunHee sulked up the steps as I observed her. She seemed so weak; this was not the girl I knew. “Yunnie.” I spoke out but no response. I sighed as I heard her door slam shut. Stealthily I tip-toed to her room and listened. To my surprise I heard nothing. She wasn’t thinking about doing anything crazy right?!

            And then it came. Her soft cries. They were almost inaudible. She must be crying into a pillow. My heart, it’s aching, why? I have nothing to be miserable over. So why am I feeling like the broken-hearted one here? I reached out for the doorknob but then I pulled back. What am I doing, months ago I was on death’s doorstep because of you, Jeong YunHee. But now I find myself at your doorstep feeling like I’m dying.

            As I debated with myself the door opened. My eyes widened when I saw YunHee carrying a dead bouquet of roses. She also stopped in her tracks as she had a quizzical look on her face. “Did you want something YiFan?”  The way she said my name, it was as if an angel was summoning me. Her voice was alluring as those mermaids who sung to sailors. Except that YunHee’s voice didn’t drag me to my doom. It actually did the opposite.

            I hated when people referred to me by my real name. Of course there were exceptions, just two. My family was allowed to call me that and my business associates. No one else, not even her. The woman who I believed to be the love of my life… Boy was I wrong.

            When YunHee first addressed me as YiFan she insulted me. Even with that I didn’t mind. I don’t know when it happened. I supposed I got accustomed to it. “Yah, gwenchaniyo?” I heard her ask as she waved her hand in front of my face.

            “Mhm, neh. I was wondering if maybe we could cook something. I’m kind of starving.” I answered scratching the back of my ear.

            “Jinjja? Geurae, we skipped breakfast. Sure we can make something. I just have to get rid of these dead roses first.” She replied giving me a half-hearted smile. Aish, YunHee I want you to smile whole-heartedly, please for me.

            I trailed behind her as she disposed the bouquet. She turned around to face me but she caught me off guard. I bumped into her as her head ricocheted off my chest. YunHee begins to fall back as I instinctively hold her up with my arm steady on her waist. “Omo.” She squeaked rather adorably. That is the first time she’s changed her tone since this morning.

            I dazed out looking at her. She was like a work of art. My eyes were feasting on her beauty. What the hell am I thinking?!

You’re thinking about the stunning woman in your arms, babo. “YiFan.” YunHee whispered as she arched her brows at me. Why do I suddenly find her irresistible?

            I release her unfortunately as I feel myself blush. I’m blushing?! Agfaghzretighglkpg. What’s going on here? These feelings why are they invading me like this?

“What do you want to eat?” YunHee questioned as she tossed me an apron.

“I’m kind of in the mood for sweets.”

“Yah you haven’t even had a proper meal yet and you want dessert?!” She scoffed her teeth at me. OH MY GOD, she’s showing more emotions! I smile at her and nod. “Arasso, we can go to this pastry shop I know of then. But to be honest I’m terrible with directions.”

“It’s okay I know this place like the back of my hand!” I assured giddily as I strolled to the door.

“Yah mo tian lou do you want to go looking like that?” YunHee gawked as she eyed my attire. I thought I looked fine what’s… Oh. I’m wearing the apron still. Mental face palm noted. I tried undoing the knot I had created but no use. Then her arms s around my waist. This time my heart was surely going to burst. I stare down at her as she tediously and delicately untie the knot.

Why couldn’t you go behind m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter