She's His Motivation.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31.

Author's Note: Roman numerals are too long to write. Hehe but anyways I am doing a quadruple update because I know I won't get to update much because of school. I know some people get annoyed with people like me who update constantly but I couldn't help it. Enjoy my lovelys. :)

 

(Author's POV)

 

            “YunHee Harabeoji is searching for you!” Kris interrupted as he poked his head out. His voice seemed to have struck her back into reality as she pulled away before their lips had the chance to unite. LuHan sighed in disappointment as his hand fell back down.

            “Mianhe Oppa. Why don’t you stay for dinner tonight?” YunHee offered smiling.

            “As long as I get to be with you.” He replied as she entered the house. Kris stared at her then back at LuHan. He sent him an apologetic look as he scurried after YunHee.

            “Kris harabeoji isn’t even home.” YunHee noted. Kris shrugged relieved that he had spoiled their moment.

            “He was here a minute ago.” He lied as he returned to the living room. YunHee sat down next to him and he couldn’t resist a smile. However his smile faded once LuHan hopped down right besides her, placing an arm around her shoulder.

            “Oppa, Kris is here.” She muttered uncomfortably.

            “Aigoo, Yunnie Kris is like my brother therefore he’s like your brother too. It’s okay.” LuHan reassured as he smiled at Kris. “Right?” Kris wanted to decline. Sure he was like LuHan’s brother but to YunHee? He didn’t know where he stood anymore.

            “It’s cool with me as long as you guys keep it PG.” He answered turning the television on.

 

..

 

            “Aish stupid couples, with them around I can’t help but think of HyunRi.” Kris nagged sitting on the bed. He didn’t know what was happening. When he was with the new loving pair he was filled with bitterness. He couldn’t come up with any explanation other than he had begun to loathe the concept of love.

            “That has to be it.” Kris grumbled. “Love is useless anyways. LuHan is just going to get heartbroken by her.” He got up as he heard laughter from outside. He peeked out his window to find YunHee playfully shoving LuHan. His face softened seeing their smiles, her smile.

            Although he and YunHee saw eye to eye now his views and opinions on women did not alter. He hated HyunRi for cheating and betraying him, he hated being made a fool but most of all he hated that he still loved her. Kris tried to bring himself to despise her yet he could never. Although she lied to him the memories they shared were real. Six whole years cannot be easily erased over a short span of time.

            Kris confessed being there at the Zheng’s residence eased his pain but still she was his first love. It was true when people said “the first love was the sweetest but the first cut was always the deepest.” Now he understood how that author felt.

What made it worse was no one other than YunHee was aware about the split. Every time when somebody mentioned HyunRi during dinner they would always exchange glances as he thought up of a lie. Kris was going to tell them eventually but right now wasn’t the time.

            He tried hard to hide his emotions, taking YunHee’s words into consideration. He needed to be strong, he had to pull through. What he was doing to himself was unfair and YunHee would certainly agree if she knew he was still weak. Without knowing it Kris was motivating himself to do better but not for himself, his parents or his sister. But instead for YunHee. Even though she didn’t know the entire story of what went on she was right. Kris was still alive and that was the only thing that mattered.

            Kris wanted to be the brother she never had. He wanted to be there when she needed a shoulder to cry on. He wanted to protect her and shield her from the corruptions the world contained. He didn’t know why but he felt this bond with her. Maybe it was because he had already done these things before but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter