The Banquet.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

X.

Author's Note: Oh I love you internet connection! Finally an update! :) Double update anyone? Haha we'll see. But enjoy this chapter, it's a little boring but bear with me. Next few chapters will be worth it.

(Author’s POV)

 

“Where have you been? We almost had to cancel our appointment!” Ms. Kim exclaimed.

“It was my fault. I took the route that ended up being jam packed.” Ahjusshi Ahn confessed.

“Ah, arasso. Next time just call me.” She said lenient.

“Neh.” YunHee answered smiling at Ahjusshi Ahn as she sent him a thumbs up.

“Since we got that all cleared up let’s get to it.” Ms. Kim beamed. “AeYoung this is my niece YunHee. Yunnie this is AeYoung Unnie, she’s my hairdresser.” 

“It’s nice to meet you darling.” AeYoung announced throwing a black cloth over YunHee.

“What, what are you going to do to my hair?” YunHee questioned nervously. She had never done her hair before, she always wore it naturally.

 

..

 

YunHee sat still while her hair was being tugged and yanked at. After all the washing, shampooing, conditioning and blow drying she was over it. Ms. Kim stood alert following AeYoung’s every move. It felt like she had been there for hours and she was. She was on the verge of passing out. Being pampered was not as fun as people made it out to be and that’s why YunHee always isolated herself from these kinds of activities. She found it to be tiring.

“Do you think you could pull this part back a bit, so her neck will be visible, but not too high.” Ms. Kim requested.

“That’s a piece of cake, no problem.” AeYoung was confident and she had every right to be. Less than five minutes had gone by until she declared her work to be finished. She spun YunHee’s chair around and tore off the black sheet.

“Fantastic! I love it.” Ms. Kim praised.

“Can I see?” YunHee asked.

“Aniya, we have to get your makeup done too. After you put your dress, shoes and jewelry on then you may look.”

“BO?! You mean I can’t look at myself until we’ve done all of that? What if I look bad? Ahjumma.” YunHee whined as her aunt nodded grinning.

“The makeup department is over there. Kahja.” Ms. Kim commanded hurrying over to a vacant seat. “ChunHei, my niece is attending a banquet tonight. Actually, it’ll be her first public appearance. And I would appreciate your best work.” 

“No big deal. Her skin tone is already gorgeous. I can do a few touch-ups here and there.” ChunHei complimented gesturing YunHee to sit.

“And please make her look natural. No dark, bold colors today.” Ms. Kim quickly inserted. ChunHei knew what she was going to do immediately.

“Close your eyes for me please.” She cooed taking out her make-up kit. YunHee suddenly felt soft bristles from a brush tickling her cheeks. Next something traced over her eyelids. Following that came her lips. She had her eyes shut for so long that she drifted to sleep.

 

 

“What do you mean you can’t make it? You were supposed to be my date HyunRi!” Kris screamed irritated with the last minute cancellation.

“Yah I have a job too you know!” she yelled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter