Who Am I?!

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXI.

Author's Note: Intense chapter oh my gaaaahd are you ready? and thank you to all of you guys who subscribed and took a chance on my story! <3

 

(Author's POV)

 

“Where are we supposed to go now? After this week we’re going to be out on the streets.” XiaZi grumbled stabbing her dinner.

            “Don’t say that! We’ll figure something out.” Mr. Wu assured.

            “How after this week our accounts will be frozen and our properties foreclosed!” she snapped.

            “Enough! Is money the only thing you’re concerned about?! Do you know how fortunate you are compared to millions of other people? You’re lucky we paid your tuition in advance or you’d be homeless and stupid!” Kris sneered annoyed with her complaints.

             “I hate you!” she screamed as she sprinted out of the dining room. He let out a sigh of agony, realizing he had just scolded his beloved sister for the first time.

            “She doesn’t mean that sweetheart.” Mrs. Wu whispered softly his arm.

            “Yes she does. This is my entire fault. I’m the reason we’re going bankrupt.” He frowned.

            “Being successful is not a fault YiFan. Give it some time she’ll come around.” Mr. Wu stated. XiaZi cupped fighting back her tears as she listened to them talk. Kris was right, she was lucky to have two loving parents and a caring brother. She was beginning to act like HyunRi and she was not going to stand for that. She wiped her tears with her forearm as she tip-toed to her room.

 

…..

 

            “Hyung, you know you can always stay with me.” Tao offered smiling.

            “Ani, I won’t burden any of my friends. I can’t. But thank you for sticking by my side and supporting me. That’s all I need.” He replied quietly.

            “What about HyunRi? Her condo is big enough.” He suggested but Kris shook his head.

            “She hasn’t answered any of my calls, she’s still in Jeju. Is all the staff gathered in the banquet hall?”

            “Ah neh. Some tenants also requested to join them.” Tao answered.

            “Arasso. You have all the paychecks prepared?” he sighed as Tao nodded his head. “Kahja.”

            Murmurs filled the room as everyone refused to believe their President had done those scandalous things. They worked with him, they socialized with him, and they knew what kind of person he was. All those reports were made up lies to them. Dirty rumors somebody made up to soil his image. Too bad they achieved.

            As Kris walked into the hall everyone fell silent. He tried to wear his best smile for them. He was trying to be strong not only for himself but for them too. He could see the sadness in their eyes as he passed by. Each and every one of them, he felt his heart sink as he found his way to the stage.

            “Good afternoon everyone. I’m sure by now you all have heard the tragic news. You probably have questions and here’s my answer to them all. I didn’t do those things they’re accusing me of, why would I need to? Every penny I’ve earned, every dollar this hotel made was because of you all.” He stopped feeling a lump clotting his airway as he cleared his throat.

            “It was your dedication and perseverance that led this hotel to where it is today. I can’t take all the credit. Mianhe. Because of this fiasco I know you are all unemployed and it’s my fault. But I promise you when my name is cleared from this whole thing I will reopen this place. It’s not just a hotel to me anymore. After spending countless hours here this has become my second home. I can’t offer you much but your last paycheck, please accept it. And don’t give up on me like you’ve nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter