Unexpected Invitation.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

36.

Author's Note: I like this chapter :) But I also hate it. Leave your thoughts, comments and opinions down under :D 

 

(Author's POV)

 

            YunHee felt like throwing up as she stood there. He couldn’t have possibly said those words to her. There was no way he would do that after saying he loved her. LuHan shut his eyes as his own heart began to cripple. “What?”

            “I said let’s break up YunHee-sshi.”  He forced himself to say again as he looked at her. “I don’t think I can do this anymore.”

            “Wae? But you just said-”

            “I know what I said. But I meant I love you as a friend. A dongsaeng. That’s all.” LuHan clenched his fist as he smiled. “I hope this doesn’t change anything, I’m sure there is someone out there who will love you more than that. But that person isn’t me.”

            YunHee stumbled backwards seeing how casual he was being. “So why did you buy us these couple bracelets. Wh-why did you save those flowers for m-me?” Her voice began to tremble.

            “I thought they would be good farewell gifts. Mian YunHee-sshi. I hope you won’t hate me.”

            “I see I meant nothing to you with the way you’re addressing me now. How could a person change that fast?” She questioned.

            “I-I met so-someone else.” LuHan stammered.

            “Who?”

            “Oh DaeIn.” YunHee’s eyes widened at the name. She remembered it clearly because Kris had also said that name before.  

            “Do you love her?” She really didn’t want to know the answer but if LuHan loves DaeIn, YunHee was willing to give him up. If he felt half of what she felt towards him YunHee knew there was nothing she could do. LuHan nodded as she forced a smile.

“I’m glad you found someone you love LuHan-sshi. I understand. Don’t worry I could never hate you. I-I wish you the best of luck.” With that said YunHee turned away and sprinted to the house. Her knees were wobbly and her crying grew audible as she ran inside. 

LuHan slammed his hand onto the hood of the car as tears trickled down his cheek. “Mianhe Yunnie, but I had to.”

“Yah you’re five minutes late!” Kris scowled but he stopped seeing YunHee disheveled, uncoordinated and crying. “What’s wr-wrong Yunnie?”

YunHee tackled him with a hug as she sobbed into his chest. “LuHan, he doesn’t love me the way I love him YiFan. He loves someone else. He-he broke up with me after I confessed.”

Kris froze hearing her admit that she loved LuHan. He bit his lip as he caressed her back. He was aware the pain she was experiencing because right now seeing her like that made his own heart shatter.  “It’s okay. I’m here for you Yunnie. I’ll always be here for you.”

“Why doesn’t anyone love me? How come everyone only sees me as a dongsaeng?! Am I too immature, too young? What’s wrong with me?” YunHee cried. Thank goodness Ms. Kim was not home or she’d chase the man who did this to her precious niece out with a cleaver.

“Nothing’s wrong with you. You’re perfect.” Kris chimed sweetly but YunHee pulled away.

“Then why did LuHan break up with me?! Why do you only see me as a dongsaeng?” Kris fell silent as he pulled her back into his embrace.

“Please don’t cry for him. I don’t like it that you’re crying for another guy while I’m here comforting you.”

“I can-can’t st-stop Yi-YiFan. It hurts here.” She stuttered taking his hand and positioning it on her heart. “It hurts too much YiFan.”

They stood there in the foyer as Kris became YunHee’s shoulder. It took some time before her cries began to die. Kris looked down only to find out she had fallen asleep, while she was standing up! YunHee was relaxed against his chest placing her body pressure onto him. Kris whose legs had become numb lifted her up bridal style. He made his way to her bedroom as he laid her down. However there was a dilemma as soon as he let go she began sobbing.

“Stay with me YiFan. I need you.” Kris gave in as he climbed up beside her. YunHee wrapped her arm around him as she placed her head on his chest. She could hear his heartbeat. It was like a lullaby to her as she began drifting asleep. “I hate love.” Were the last words she spoke.

“I hate love too.” He whispered as he curled a strand of hair behind her ear. Kris stared at her as he felt her shivering. “The air conditioner must be on full blast.” As he tried to get up to adjust the temperature YunHee hooked her leg around his body. Kris’ heart began speeding as he saw her still sound asleep. Her grip on him had tightened. Having no choice he pulled the covers over them both as he too rested.

 

.....

 

            YunHee snuggled more burying her face in Kris’ chest. She felt his breathing and his chest inflating and deflating with every breath he took. Slowly she opened her eyes stunned at the position they were in. Her face grew red as she noticed she had been sleeping on his arm while her leg was s around his lower body.

            She began to shift but then Kris stirred. She stayed still not wanting him to wake up. She recalled why they were in the same room, in the same bed. Her expression saddened. What happened last night was real, LuHan had dumped her. YunHee was snapped out from her thoughts as Kris let out a low groan. With that he turned to his side and faced YunHee. Now it was his leg that coiled around hers.

            YunHee really wanted to get out but that sense of safety hindered her from doing so. She was now aware that in Wu YiFan’s arms she will always feel secure. She glanced up staring at his face. Her fingers traced everything. From his eyebrows to his eyes. From his eyes to his nose and from his nose she stoppe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter