Fair.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

64.

Author's Note: Sorry for the wait guys! Did ya miss me? Hehe hope you did! Cause I missed you all <3 Thanks for commenting and supporting :) I hope this is a good chapter! Oh and Happy Halloween!

 

(Author's POV)

 

“YunHee-ah, just think about it, you don’t have to go. Just apologize to your father and you won’t have to move out.” Her aunt suggested as she stood by the door. Yet YunHee ignored her idea as she gathered whatever little belonging she called hers from the room.

“Mianhe Ahjumma but I can no longer stay here for I am no longer welcomed or wanted.” She answered, dragging her suitcase down the stairs.

“We can work something out, jebal.”

“SunWoo if she wants to leave let her!” Mr. Zheng shouted from the living-room.

YunHee looked at her aunt, trying to hide her guilt before she walked out of the house for the last time.

As YunHee stepped out of her white Audi R8, she removed her sunglasses as she met the real estate agent half way up the driveway. “Congratulations Ms. Kim, this new beautiful home is officially yours. It was a pleasure doing business with you.” She bowed, handing the keys over to YunHee.

Without another word YunHee walked by the woman and into her new home. She tossed her bag onto the couch and began inspecting every part of the house. She nodded in satisfaction especially when she arrived at the walk in closet.

 

 

 

While unpacking her small suitcase, she pulled out the four photo albums which she had brought everywhere. Along with it she had three framed pictures. One was when she was five, with her mother, father and grandfather, the second was of her at seventeen with her grandfather, father and aunt and the last was of her and everyone back at the farm.

YunHee smiled softly as she arranged the frames in different areas around her new room while the photo albums were wedged into the book shelf. “When I get what I want, I promise I’ll come back,” she whispered.

 

...

 

            “You want me to head down to Thailand to inspect the new resort personally?” Kris spoke into his phone as he glanced up at Tao.

            “Yes that is what the contractors want. They said they only wish to speak to those with authority sir.” The man answered over the line.

            “Aish that’s why I sent you there! You’re supposed to representing me. Do I seriously have to do everything by myself?!” Kris fumed.

            “Aniya, this time you won’t be doing it alone, they also found out that your secret investor has come out of the closet and they would also like to meet her.”

            “What exactly are you trying to say?”

            “What I’m saying sir is that you must accompany Ms. Kim down here right away.”

            Kris sat motionless as his brain calculated and processed what his employee had just told him. He hung up the phone and slumped in his seat. “What’s wrong Duizhang?”

            “So many things Tao, so many things.” He answered.

            “Does it have to do with Noona?”

            “I don’t want to talk about it.”

            “Waeyo, you saw the way she acted at the conference, don’t you want to go and talk to her? Don’t you want to see what’s happened to her?” Tao questioned.

            “Why would I want to know, she was the one who pushed me away, saying she never met me before.” He scoffed.

            “You can’t blame her Hyung. You did make a big mistake.”

            “Yah I don’t need you to constantly remind me that I did. Can’t you see that I’ve been trying to make it up?”

            “By what? Going to visit Harabeoji’s grave every week? Hyung how is that making it up to her?” Tao argued.

            “Aish! You’re giving me headaches again! I have enough things to worry about now especially with this damn new resort!”

            “Be a man and fess up to what you did Duizhang,” Tao advised as he exited the premises. “Maybe then you’ll be able to smile again.”

            “Bo? Be a man? Being a man is what got me here in the first place!” Kris groaned, standing up. He quickly checked his watch with a flick of his wrist before snatching up his coat and heading out.

            As Kris sped down the busy highways, dodging other moving vehicles, his foot kept applying more pressure onto the gas pedal. He tightened his hands on the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white and blood circulation could barely flow.

It seemed as though Kris had held his breath the entire time before arrival at his destination. He heaved out a sigh of relief as he carefully retrieved the bouquet of yellow daisies. He took a whiff of the flowers and smiled softly.

“Harabeoji were you lonely? Look, now you have two people visiting you daily. Aren’t you happy?”

When Kris walked on the grassy patches he stopped abruptly. The warm breeze of the spring air caused the leaves to shuffle slightly and sway on their hinges. The sight before him, he’d never thought he’d see it.

 

play me now.

 

“Aigoo Harabeoji, I’ve been a bad girl, not listening to appa and even talking back. It just seems like no one understands me. The only person I can turn to now is you,” YunHee spoke as she chuckled. She brushed the small photo on the tombstone with her fingers as her laugh died down.

Upon hearing her voice Kris felt immobilized, that tone was n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter