Girls' Day Out.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

V.

 

(YunHee’s POV)

 

            “Nothing is on nowadays.” I turned off the television as I noticed the flashing red light on the phone. I lifted it up and saw one missed call. “It’s probably Park HyunRi or whatever it is again.” I assumed as the door opened.

            “YunHee, are you ready!?” I heard my aunt shout. I jumped from my seat and took the wallet, phone and envelope.

            “Neh!” I hollered back.

            “Come on we’ve got A LOT of shopping to do!” as she emphasized the word a lot. When my aunt used the word a lot I knew she meant it. I skidded outside as she slammed the door.

            “Shopping?” I repeated. “Why are we going shopping?” I was truly puzzled. I rarely shopped unless it involved food.

            “Just for fun,” she paused shifting her eyes to the envelope in my hands. “Is that what I think it is?”

            “I’m not sure, a man dropped it off.” I answered giving her the envelope.

            “It is what I’ve been waiting for!” my aunt exclaimed ripping the envelope open as the car tilted to the right. I buckled my seatbelt on as I urged her to do the same. “It’s Saturday night?” she asked diligently analyzing the card. “Mhm, I guess we can make it.”

            “Where?” I said peeking over her shoulder.

            “To a banquet, it’s an investment party. The CEO is the son of one of our family’s close, intimate friends. He’s handsome and quite charming. He’s only a few years older than you. Who knows what could happen!” she teased.

            “Ahjumma,” I began. She was aware that I objected to the idea of a match making and what does she try to do? Aigoo this family of mine. I’m sure I am capable of making decisions on my own.

            “I know our little Yunnie doesn’t want to get married.” Oh god how embarrassed I became hearing the nickname Harabeoji had given me. I mean it was fine when I was five but I’m twenty now. “But one day you’ll need to.” She added in.

            I blew a raspberry. “We’ll worry about that later, like WAY later.” I snorted chuckling seeing my aunt pout. This woman. “So are you shopping for this event?” I altered the topic from my non-existent love life. 

“No, WE'RE going shopping for this event.” she corrected.

“Bo? We're? Why do I need to shop?”

“Why do you ask so many questions? You really are your mother's daughter.” But I didn't get to hear the ending of her statement since she whispered it.

“Eh?” I said as a signal for her to speak louder.                                                   

“I said why not? I mean you ARE going with me.” she declared as the car came to a steady stop. Wait what. Did I hear her correctly? She said I'm going, what in the world! Why would I ever want to go to an event like that?! Does Ahjumma not know me, aish.

 

(Author’s POV)

 

“We’ve arrived at our destination.” Ms. Kim announced as she exited the automobile. “Yunnie, are you planning on sitting in the car all day? Come.” she ordered walking away. Not wishing to be left behind YunHee galloped to her aunt.

At last Ms. Kim halted in front of a small shop. YunHee looked up to find a sign that said: ‘SangMa’s Little Boutique of Secrets.’  Ms. Kim entered with YunHee hanging behind.

“Annyonghaeseyo, welcome to-” the woman stopped her introduction as a grin appeared on her face. “Is that Kim SunWoo I see?” she joked hugging her friend.

“Neh SangMa, it’s me! I haven’t seen you in ages!” SunWoo proclaimed.

“I know, what brings you here?” SangMa questioned leaning against a clothing rack.

“Is it so h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter