Let Me See Your Face.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

57.

Author's Note: Guys I have officially decided to end this story at 65 chapters but don't worry these last chapters will be extra long and not boring I hope :) Thank you all SOSOSOSO much for sticking with me through my first ever story. I will rant later on about how thankful I am to you all *hugs you* <3

 

(Author's POV)

 

            October 30th was crossed off with a thick black marker by YunHee as she sighed in despair. She threw the marker back into its tin and rested her elbows on the counter. It has been exactly fifty-eight days since the last time she saw Kris and each day she found herself growing wearier than the night before.

            The Zheng residence was much more quiet now since the Wu’s had returned to their home in Seoul just a week after Kris left. YunHee sauntered to her bedroom as she pulled out a book. But it wasn’t just any book to her, it was his book. She flipped it open to the pages the photo was wedged between. She grazed over it with her fingers affectionately and frowned. “Bogoshipo.”

            YunHee placed the book under her pillow and took out her phone. When she saw that there were no messages or calls AGAIN, she felt herself frowning deeper. “YUNHEE!” Mr. Zheng shouted from the living room which made her shudder. Sensing something wasn’t right she ran to meet her father. Once she reached the couches she saw her grandfather lying down, stiff. While his favorite tea-cup was on the floor.

            “What’s wrong Harabeoji?!” she asked panicking.

            “Your grandfath-”

            “Was clumsy enough to sip the tea while it was still boiling hot.” Harabeoji answered softly cutting Mr. Zheng off. YunHee furrowed her brows and shifted her gaze between the two.

            “I’ll go get you a glass of water then Harabeoji.” She insisted scurrying to the kitchen.

            “Abeoji why did you lie to her?”

            “Because if we didn’t she will only feel more burdened. Do you not realize how much she misses YiFan and his family already? I want you to send her to the city right away.” He explained.

            “And have her leave while you’re in this condition? Andwae.” Mr. Zheng argued.

            “ShenLei when she’s off being happy I will be more than willing to admit to a hospital like you have been pestering me to do. Besides we don’t necessarily need her on the farm anymore. We’ve gathered the majority of crops already. It’s a win-win situation. How does that sound?” the elder negotiated but before his son-in-law was allowed to protest YunHee returned.

            “Harabeoji next time you have to remember to blow on your tea or let it sit for ten minutes at least, arasso?” she informed treating him as if he were the child.

            “Ara, ara.” He replied chuckling as he used what little strength he had left to take the glass from her.

            As YunHee watched her grandfather intently she felt a tug at her heart. Something wasn’t right she could feel it. But what was it? She had no clue perhaps it was because she had been in her own world too much lately that she lost focus. “Yunnie do you know what next week is?” he questioned which forced her to think.

            “Ani what is it?”

            “YiFan’s birthday.” He simply answered. YunHee slapped her forehead and let out an awkward giggle. That should have been something she should’ve known right off the back of her hand.

             “Oh,” she muttered. She wasn’t sure on how to feel at this point.

            “Do you want to visit him?” Immediately YunHee’s face lit up at the idea. Not wanting to seem overexcited she tapped her chin pretending to ponder on about his suggestion.

She didn’t have any reason not to go. Finally a smile crept onto that face of hers which answered the elder’s question. “Arasso, get ready then.” He prompted.

 

.....

           

“Why do I have to stay with YiFan’s family?” YunHee asked when the van came to a stop. She pouted at her father and grandfather who chuckled. 

            “Because your aunt’s house is being remodeled at the moment.” Mr. Zheng pointed out.

            “Fine I’ll see you guys later. And remember what I said Harabeoji.” YunHee replied climbing out of the vehicle. As she stood on the sidewalk waving she heard footsteps behind her.

            “Unnie!” XiaZi beamed throwing her arms around YunHee.

            “Ya-yah Wu XiaZi, aren’t you supposed to be in class right now?”

            “Aish you sound just like Oppa. Don’t be a stickler Unnie~ I knew you were coming today so I asked if I could stay home.” She sang. At the mere mention of her Oppa YunHee’s heart fluttered.

            “Wh-where is YiFan?” she stammered.

            “At work…and no, I will not take you to see him. Because when he gets you you’ll have no time to hang out with me! Thank god he doesn’t know you’re here! If he did he wouldn’t go to work at all!” XiaZi declared dragging her Unnie inside.

            “An-aniya! Of course I would hang out with my favorite dongsaeng! Just don’t tell DongHae that.” YunHee whispered as they entered the mans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter