Late Night Confessions.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

61.

Author's Note: Wah you guys are angry aren't you D: But here is the next update. Keep on voicing out your opinions :) Enjoy and welcome new subbies <3 Also when some of you guys told me you cried I was kind of glad because that's what that chapter was meant to do, you guys were supposed to feel Yunnie's pain. I AM NOT A SADIST THOUGH. OTL

 

(Author's POV)

 

            “Thank you for coming.” Mr. Zheng and Ms. Kim greeted as the guests attending Harabeoji’s funeral bowed down before taking their seats. YunHee stood immobilized in her black clothing as she stared at the ground.

            All these people were saying the same exact things, over and over again.  Apologizing for their loss and pointing out what a great man Harabeoji was. And frankly this only made it harder for YunHee to relinquish her pain. Although all these people knew him, no one would ever be able to share the heartache she had been experiencing the past four nights and three days.

            YunHee looked back at the closed casket and the portrait of her grandfather besides it. He was smiling ever so brightly as a wreath of freshly picked white lilacs and yellow daisies hung around the frame. “They were his favorite.” She mumbled lost in deep thought until she heard someone clearing their throat. She whipped her head to see MyungSoo dressed in a black suit.

            He gave her a small smile and took her hands. “It must be hard on you.” YunHee glanced at their skinship and pulled away as she nodded. MyungSoo rubbed the back of his neck and awkwardly sighed as he too went to take a seat.

            “Aish where the heck is Oppa?!” XiaZi snarled in her seat as she stared at her phone. Her call had gone to voicemail again.

            “If everyone would be kind enough to take their seats the program will begin shortly.” Mr. Zheng requested.

 

...

 

            Kris woke up with a throbbing headache as he sat up. He massaged his temples as he heard a light groan. He turned to his side to find a random girl sleeping. He sighed and checked his phone: ten missed calls  from his sister, and seven from the various Exo M members. He shook his head as he gathered his clothes from the floor. He quickly dressed himself before leaving.

Truth was Kris hadn’t gone home after his quarrel with YunHee, in fact he didn’t even bother going to work either, always ignoring calls from Exo M, his sister and parents.

He had completely isolated himself, doing whatever it was that eased his heartbreak. Whether it be drinking, clubbing or even girls.

            He had no idea about the happenings and events including Harabeoji. In fact anything associated with YunHee, he wanted no part of.

            When he arrived home, Kris was surprised to see that there was no one there to greet him. As he trudged to the couch he decided to listen to the voicemails he received. Each one asked about his whereabouts but it was the last one sent from XiaZi that he listened most intently to.

“YAH WU YI FAN! Where are you? Unnie told me everything you did to her, are you crazy!? Aish I can’t believe you, after doing all of that to her, you run away like a coward? Because of you, Unnie never got the chance to see Harabeoji for the last time. It’s your fault she’s hurting, if you have any heart left, you better attend his program. If you don’t, I will personally hang you, you got that?!”  

“Harabeoji,” Kris whispered as he bolted back out the door. He recalled what YunHee had told him before he blew up in her face.

             “We have to go now, harabeoji needs us.”

He smacked himself senseless as he drove to the venue.

           

...

 

            “We’re really sorry about what happened YunHee.” Lay stated as Exo M nodded.

            “If anything, you can talk to us.” Chen offered.

            “Yeah or if you need a good laugh!” XiuMin beamed.

            “Noona, stay strong.” Tao encouraged as they each gave her a hug before leaving. However LuHan lagged behind.

            “Yunnie, mianhe. I really liked Harabeoji.” He whispered, casting his gaze at the ground.

            “He really liked you too.” She replied. LuHan looked up at her and blinked. He nodded before giving her a quick hug.

            It was twenty past ten when all the guests had cleared out of the small venue. YunHee walked over to the casket as she ran her fingers along the mahogany wood. She turned back to the portrait and a tear fell. “We should go home now.” Her father said but she remained quiet.

            “Can I spend this last night with him?” she questioned with her saddened eyes making her father sigh.

            “I’ll get the blankets and pillows,”

            “No, I meant alone Appa. Please.” She begged weakly. “Give me tonight to say goodbye to him properly.”

            Mr. Zheng exchanged glances with Ms. Kim and the Wu’s who nodded in approval. “Arasso, but tomorrow morning I will come to get you.”

 

listen to me.

           

As they all left YunHee dragged her feet to the photo. She raised her arms which felt like they weighed a ton. She extracted the wreath, positioning it on the casket carefully. Next she gripped onto the sides of the frame as she removed it from the stand. She sat down in front of her grandfather’s resting place with the portrait in her hands. She brushed her fingertips over the photo and felt her heart breaking.

            YunHee laid down in a fetal position as she hugged the photo. “Harabeoji, I’m here.” She whispered. “I’m sorry you had to wait so long.” Her voice began to shake as she attempted to control herself.

            “Harabeoji bogoshipo,” As she curled into a ball, YunHee began to cry. “I’m sorry for taking our time together for granted,” she murmured as she hit her chest. “It hurts so much here.”

            She exhaled long and short breaths as she rolled onto her back with her forearm resting over her eyes. When images of her grandfather began flashing into mind, she faltered and more tears escaped.

 

~.`~.`~

            “BOO!” YunHee screamed turning around.

            “Yah! Did you want to give me a heart attack?” harabeoji scowled clutching his chest.

            “You started it! I missed you Harabeoji!” she beamed hugging him.

            “It wasn’t even a week and you already missed me? How are you going to survive when I’m gone?” he questioned patting her head. YunHee frowned hearing those words.

            “That’s not going to happen. I won’t allow it to!” she said shaking her head.

            “Aigoo, arasso. It won’t.”

~.`~.`~

“Harabeoji! Why are you answering my calls? Give me the phone.” YunHee whined.

“Aniya! Yah Jeong YunHee since when did you have boys calling you?”

“It’s a prank call. Harabeoji just give me the phone please.” she chimed sweetly.

“Annio if it’s a prank call why does it say LuHan Oppa with a heart at the end? Hmm?” he exclaimed raising an eyebrow as he showed her the phone.

 

~.`~.`~

            YunHee reached the kitchen to find several pots scattered about and Harabeoji sitting on a chair catching his breath. “Omo gwenchana? What happened?” she asked examining him for injuries.

            “Ah, gwenchana. I just pulled the bottom pot accidentally and the rest came tumbling down.” He replied with a paled expression.

 

~.`~.`~

            “Wah, yah Harabeoji were you planning on feeding an entire army? I don’t even eat that much.” YunHee pouted.

            “Stop whining, they’re guests. It’s not g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter