Small World Indeed.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

59.

Author's Note: Hahaha I'm killing you guys aren't I? Welll let's see how this plays out! Enjoy and thank you all so much <3 YAY PICTURES!

 

(Author’s POV)

 

            “Xiaxia help me!” YunHee shouted as she ran into the younger girl’s room, hiding behind her. A second later Kris came in huffing.

            “Yah, who said you could leave? Give me that phone!” he exclaimed taking a step towards them. However he was blocked by his sister who had her arms open.

            “What are you trying to do to Unnie?”

            “What am I doing to her? Why don’t you ask what she did to me!”

            XiaZi turned to YunHee who held up her phone. On it was a picture of Kris sleeping like a baby. “AWWWW OPPPPPPA!” she cried out gushing.

            “Give that to me!” Kris ordered as he swiped it away. YunHee and XiaZi pouted as they watched him erase the photo.

            “You’re no fun.” YunHee whined taking her phone back as she stormed out. Kris frowned as he looked back at XiaZi.

            “She said it.” XiaZi stated throwing her hands up in defense.

            Kris slowly opened his bedroom door to find YunHee already under the covers with her back facing him. He sighed knowing he had to make it up to her now. He shut the door and crept over to her. “Yunnie-ah.” He whispered sitting down but no response.

            “Mianhe Yunnie, it’s just I don’t like when people take pictures of me when I’m vulnerable.” He narrated yet only his voice echoed between the four walls. “Yah how come you can joke around and all of that but when I do, you get upset? Aish.” Kris pointed out as he stood up.

            He ran his fingers through his hair and began to depart. When he did, he felt a pair of arms hugging him from behind. “I can act too.” she taunted. Kris shook his head and smiled. He spun around and kissed her forehead.

            “Besides, before you deleted the image I emailed it to myself.” YunHee added which caused him to press his lips into a thin line. “Don’t worry though, Xiaxia and I will be the only people who ever see it, arasso? So stop being a grumpy man and go to bed.”

            “How can I be grumpy with you around?”

            “Tch, is Xiumin teaching you those cheesy lines?”

            “Maybe,” Kris grinned, winking at her.

 

...

           

            “All the documents are set?” harabeoji asked as he leaned forward from his hospital bed. But because it was difficult for him, ShenLei quickly found the remote to control the setting and adjusted it.

            “Neh Abeoji, but I really wished that we wouldn’t need them any time soon.” He sighed as he looked at SunWoo who had a hurt expression.

            “Ahh, you kids will always be kids to me with the way you’re behaving now. I think you might be worse than Yunnie.” He chuckled.

            “Appa…” SunWoo croaked shutting her eyes.

            “I’ve accepted it, this is the cycle of life. Just think of it this way: in life everyone dies, it’s a given fact however not everyone receives the opportunity to live. And to that I am already thankful enough. I won’t be greedy or ungrateful, I’ve spent eighty-three long years in this world,” he coughed into his sleeve, spotting blood. “And I don’t regret a single thing I’ve done during my time here, especially allowing JinAe to marry you ShenLei. If I didn’t grant JinAe her happiness I would have never gotten the chance to help raise such a beautiful, strong, caring granddaughter.”

            “Appa stop, please, don’t say things like that.” SunWoo whimpered getting on her knees as she held his hand.

            “Aigoo SunWoo-ah, my precious daughter, why are you crying? Don’t cry.” He prodded patting her head.

            “I’m over forty and bawling my eyes out Appa, how do you think YunHee will react when she finds out?!” she questioned.

            “She will learn to accept it but I will tell her when my time to go is near.”

            “I don’t get why you don’t want to spend your last few days with her, if she knew she’d stay with you day and night.” ShenLei stated.

            “That’s why I don’t want to tell her. Did you forget why I wanted her to come here in the first place? I’m hoping that being with YiFan will help lessen her pain when she knows. I want her to be happy, she deserves it.”

            “No Abeoji, she deserves to know. How could you be so unselfish at a time like this? Do you think it’s fair to her?” he argued.

            “If you still consider me as your father you will listen to me.”

            “But-”

            “That’s enough, when I wish to see her I will tell you.” Not wanting to speak anymore about the matter, the elder took the remote and reclined the bed so that he would be able to lie down comfortably. “I want to rest, you two may leave.”

            The two adults sighed and did as told. When Harabeoji heard the door shut he felt a tear slip from his eyes as he returned the bed to the sixty-five degree position. He clicked onto the red button which summoned his nurse.

            “Neh Sunbae-nim?” a nurse answered sticking her head through the door.

            “I would love a piece of paper and pen, if you would.” He requested. When she nodded and closed the door, he turned to the framed photo on the table. He picked it up and more tears fell from his eyes.

            The photo was of him and YunHee when she was nineteen and chose not to attend college anymore to help out with the farm. Although Mr. Zheng and Harabeoji disapproved, they eventually yielded to her decision. YunHee was smiling brightly as she stood by her grandfather with two thumbs up.

            “Silly girl always acting like a child. After I’m gone I hope you will learn to mature and grow. With YiFan by your side I’m sure you will be able to overcome whatever life throws at you.”

            “Here are the things you requested Mr. Kim.” The nurse declared placing the paper and pen on the movable desk. She rolled it in front of him as he nodded.

            “I will always be watching over you,” was the first line he inscribed onto the blank sheet.

 

                                                                                                                                                        

 

            “That mo tian lou, he left to work early and forgot about his birthday, didn’t he?” YunHee giggled seeing that Kris was nowhere in his room. “Hmm maybe I should make him a cake? That sounds good!”

            When YunHee entered the living-room she saw XiaZi watching TV. “Xiaxia, do you know how to bake?”

            “Are you kidding me?! No one allows me near the stove,” she exclaimed. “Waeyo?”

            “I kind of wanted to make a birthday cake for Oppa.” YunHee mumbled shyly as she scratched her head.

            “You can just go buy him a cake!”

            “Andwae it’s not the same!”

            “But Unnie you cook really well,”

            “That’s cooking, this is baking. I don’t bake all too much… so I’m not that good.” She confessed. “But if I read directions I should be able to do it, don’t you think?”

            “Neh, I believe in you! But just incase there’s this pastry shop Oppa likes a lot. Maybe you could get a few tips from them! He’s an honorary customer, I’m sure if you mention his name t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter