Wrong Number.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VI.

Author's Note: Here's another update, thank you for subscribing, viewing, reading, breathing, living. lol I'm just glad you guys are enjoying my story just like I'm enjoying writing it. Comments are welcome. :)

 

 

(YunHee’s POV)

 

            “Yunnie hurry and get inside!” I heard my aunt command. Notice how I said heard I couldn’t see anything as I fought to keep my balance.

            “I’m trying but it would be helpful if I got some help. If you took some of these things it would be easier.” I suggested as I fumbled into the main foyer. In my hands I had five boxes of shoes stacked upon one another while each of my arms were being weighed down by four bags filled with clothes and accessories.

            “Why would I carry those things? They’re your belongings.” What, my belongings no, no, no, no.

            “But I didn’t ask for any of this you bought them yourself.” I reasoned. I know I shouldn’t be talking back to my elders but come on. The entire day I was her slave while my dear aunt here kept buying everything in sight I was left to carry it. She didn’t even stop to ask me once if I liked what she picked out. I stumbled my way over to the couch as I dropped everything on it.

            “Oh well it’s yours now, Hara!” she summoned the maid on duty.

            “Neh.” Hara replied courteously.

            “Take all of YunHee’s things up to her room and do arrange them into the closet.” She ordered pointing to all the clothing I had thrown onto the couch. Hara nodded and started gathering everything. I felt bad according to ahjumma these were my things, so I should be the one putting them away.

            “I can do it.” I blurted out as I attempted to lessen her work load.

            “Ani, agasshi this is my job. I can handle it.” She answered formally. My heart sunk as I let go of the bags. This girl was now more then a few months older than me at most and she was addressing me as agasshi. I stared at her as she disappeared up the steps.

            I needed to talk to her I couldn’t stand being called Agasshi. I turned back and saw the wallet and phone I had as my mind went back to the business card. “Ah, ahjumma do you know where the Royal Inn Hotel is?”

            “Royal Inn Hotel? Which one? There are dozens of those! She cackled hearing my vague question. Ah stupid YunHee!

            “The one located right here in Seoul.” I specified.

            “Oh of course, who wouldn’t know where it is? It’s the head of the whole hotel chain. That’s where all the events and conferences are held. YunHee you should read more carefully next time.” Read? What does any of this have to do with reading?

            “Bo? W-wae?” I stuttered lost.

            “Because,” she reached into her purse and took out the invitation out. “That’s where the banquet is located.” NO WAY, what’re the odds of that happening?! I grabbed the invitation and examined it. The street addresses matched! I guess that hit to the head slowed me down.

            “See, but if you weren’t concerned about the banquet why’d you ask?” she went on raising an eyebrow. Crap I should’ve thought of that before hand. That was idiotic of me think of a lie YunHee!

            “Uhm…Curiosity. There were a lot of commercials and advertisements for it on the television.” I put together even though I’ve never seen any, I’m not even positive if they advertised on television.

            “Mhm, interesting.” She replied with a hint of ‘I don’t believe you’ mixed in.

 

 

(Author’s POV)

 

            “HyunRi, mianhe. I was held up in a meeting.” Kris apologized flipping through the menu.

            “I know. You’re useless assistant kept saying the same thing!” she nagged rolling her eyes. “He’s incompetent! Why don’t you fire him?!”

            “HyunRi, Tao is more than my assistant he’s also my friend. And he’s good at what he does, I don’t see any reason to fire him.” He protested not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter