Good Enough.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXV.

Author's Note: Another update later :) Hopefully but here's twenty-five.

 

(Author’s POV)

 

            The rooster cockle-doodled-do waking up YunHee. There in the countryside the folks didn’t rely on alarm clocks to stir them in their sleep. Instead they depended on nature. It was the crack of dawn when she bounced into the bathroom performing her daily routine. As she brushed her teeth she recalled last night’s event.

            She rinsed and dried her face with a towel. “That mo tian lou lives here now. Aish just my luck.” She snarled as she walked to the kitchen. It was still quiet she checked her father’s room only to find it empty. “He left without me.” She frowned returning to the fridge.

            The Wu’s, who had not yet adapted to this new life, were resting. YunHee made sure not to create too much noise as she tip-toed about the house. She stepped out to the back patio overlooking their backyard. Their backyard consisted of over ten thousand acres of land. She smiled seeing the view. She took in a whiff of air as she heard footsteps behind her.

            “Appa you better have come back for me.” She grinned as she spun around. “Oh you’re not-”

            “Your dad? I know that’d be impossible.” Kris replied as he made his way over to the railings. YunHee looked at the door for a moment and then returned to her original position. She glanced at Kris who was still in his pajamas. He smiled but not at her. Instead at the scene before him, it was peaceful. This was what he needed.

            He locked his hands in front of him as he hung them over the rails. “Why are you up this early?” she asked curious.

            “Is there a problem? I didn’t know I couldn’t wake up this early.” He retorted facing her.

            “Aniya, it’s just I thought you all would be sleeping still. Not a lot of city people are accustomed to waking up this early.” She answered.

            “Well I’m not a lot of city people now am I?” he replied coldly. “I went to bed early last night that’s why I’m up. But tomorrow don’t count on it.”

            “Fine, good sleep as long as you want. I won’t have to deal with you.” YunHee scoffed after hearing his response. She marched back inside as she got ready for work.

            “You’re up already?” Harabeoji questioned from the kitchen.

            “Of course what else would you expect.” She cooed giving him a good morning kiss on the cheek.

            “Is anyone else awake?”

            “Neh.” She said timidly as she looked back at the patio.

            “Who is it?”

            “Kris-sshi.” She stated hopping onto the counter.

            “Jinjja? I guess you can take him to work with you then.” He smiled retrieving his tea.

            “Bo? Work? Him? Are you kidding Harabeoji.” YunHee interrogated in disbelief as the elder nodded. “Waeyo!?”

            “It was a condition. What’s the big deal Yunnie? He’s not getting paid, free labor.” Harabeoji reasoned. YunHee puffed her cheeks when they saw Kris entering the premises.

            “Good morning Harabeoji.” Kris greeted bowing.

            “Good morning YiFan. Please go get changed you’ll be going to help Yunnie today.”

            “Hara-harabeoji, don’t call me that in front of strangers.” She whispered pleadingly as she tugged on his arm.

            “Strangers? What strangers? You’ve met YiFan before and now he’s a resident here. Stop behaving so childishly.” He said pushing her forehead back with his finger. YunHee rubbed the area she had been jabbed at as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter