Three Years Down, A Lifetime to Go.

We Are Just Not Compatible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

63.

Author's Note: I can't even explain this next chapter OTL I don't know how I should be feeling. Aish, but thank you guys for commenting and reading along as always, you guys are the best <3

 

(Author's POV)

 

play me

 

            For a moment it seemed like the world was moving in slow motion and time had been frozen. It was as if the only two people left were Kris and YunHee. Kris held his breath as his mind accepted the reality that Jeong YunHee, the one he let get away, was before him again.

            His heart jumpstarted as he stared her flawless face, that face which he had been craving for hungrily. Something in him snapped when he realized that this was all real. Everything, even her.

            He had so many things to say to her, so many things to ask her. As they had their own staring contest just like they had years ago, Kris noticed something was different about her. Sure her outer-appearance was different but she was still as beautiful as the last time he had laid his eyes on her. It was the aura she was giving off that was foreign to him. Her eyes and facial expression were telling him that something wasn’t right. He just couldn’t put a finger on it.

            Just like the other staring contests they had shared together, Kris lost this one. Once he blinked, YunHee broke eye contact.

“Don’t be ridiculous young lady; can’t you see that we’re in the midst of an important meeting?” Mr. Lee scolded as he shook his head.

“Can’t you see that I’m the one who called this conference in the first place? What, because I’m a woman you don’t think I belong here? That’s rather ist of you Mr. Lee JungBin. This is the twenty first century not the Joseon Dynasty you were raised in.” YunHee provoked.

At the snap of her fingers, her male assistant rushed over and pulled out the chair for her. As she sat down looking eloquent, he took out her items and neatly arranged it in front of her. Every little thing from opening her notebook to clicking her pen he did. When he finished setting up, YunHee nodded as she straightened her back, holding her head up high while her hands were folded before her.

“Shall we get started then gentlemen?” she questioned staring at the men around the table.

            Kris still in shock, blinked constantly. What in the world was going on here? Suddenly Mr. Bae’s voice interrupted his concentration. “Hold on just a second, I don’t know who you think you are but I know that you can’t be the investor!”

“And why not Mr. Bae? Are you from the same dynasty as Mr. Lee over there? I didn’t know it was illegal for women to be involved in business.”

            “It isn’t! But how are you the investor who bought out fifty percent of Kris’ hotel chain? You’re what 22, 23? Not even half our age and you expect us to believe you? I mean just look at yourself, you clearly don’t belong here.” he argued.

“Last time I checked Mr. Wu was a CEO at the age of 20, younger than I am now but how come you aren’t complaining? I came here to have a civilized business meeting with my colleagues not discuss women’s right and appearance. I can say you look like you belong in a retirement home preferably one that contains an exercising facility but how indecent would I be if I did that?” YunHee spat back.

            Next she turned to meet eyes with Kris. “If this is the type of people you associate yourself with Mr. Wu I must say you have poor judgment in people.”
            Kris’ eyes doubled in size. Her words they were like daggers, sharp and fatal. As he cleared his throat to speak at last Mr. Hwan had beat him to it. “I think I know who you are.”

“Go on,” YunHee nodded signaling the elder to proceed.

            “You’re Kim JoonSung’s granddaughter, the daughter of ShenLei. Ah I remember now, they talked about you often when we had lunch together,” he narrated. “I saw you at his program ages ago and must I say you have transformed into quite a sophisticated young woman.”
            “Why thank you Mr. Hwan, you’re assumptions are correct.  Kim JoonSung is my grandfather. He was the man who purchased fifty percent of this chain while he was still alive not me.  If it were up to me, I’d leave this hotel out to hang and dry personally.” YunHee gritted through clenched teeth.
            It was silent again as awkwardness and tension drifted above their heads. “Then that makes sense, it was your grandfather who was the investor. So you must be his new successor?” Mr. Jang predicted.
            “That’s exactly what I am. I just returned from studying abroad in the states a few days ago. My father was in charge while I was away but now that I have earned my degree he is handing the business over to me according to my grandfather’s will.”
            Mr. Jang, Mr. Hwan and Mr. Choi all nodded in sync and understanding while Mr. Lee and Bae scowled still deeply offended by YunHee’s insult. “Now that we have cleared things up shall we discuss the issues?”
           “Issues? What issues?” Kris finally spoke out a bit surprised.

            “First off, if I am not mistaken, I read about problems involving hacking and robbery? What is the meaning of this? How could such crimes take place right under your nose?”

            “Geurae, you read correct. However those incidents were dealt with and I have paid the guest compensation for their lost items. The hacking was an inside job, how would we know that one of our own would betray us? We’ve put a protection around our camera systems now. That hacking incident was a one time deal. From now on there will be a head in that department who shall inspect everything.” Kris answered keeping his cool.

            “I would’ve liked it better if there was no incident instead. One mistake means one unhappy customer. Did you realize that Mr. Wu? I don’t care if you managed to make it up to them. If you were cautious enough in the beginning you wouldn’t have to make it up at all! Do you realize what the media would’ve done if they found out something like that happened? They would’ve torn this place into pieces.” YunHee pointed out in a pissed off tone.

            Everyone was silent again even Tao. Tao looked back at Kris then YunHee who were in the middle of a glaring contest. “I don’t want any of my guests suffering because of the incompetence of the workers.” She continued.

            “For your information my workers are top-notch and excellent!” Kris defended.

            “Yes but under your supervision… it’s another story.” She stated.

            “YAH!” Kris exclaimed standing up as he slammed his palms onto the table.

            “Yah what? Please don’t speak so informally to me. I don’t appreciate it Mr. Wu.”

            “Do you guys know each other by chance?” Mr. Choi jumped in as the other men nodded.

            “Aniya.” “Neh.” They both answered.

            “So which is it?” Mr. Lee questioned.

            “How could I know Mr. Wu if this is the first encounter we’ve had? It’s nearly impossible,” YunHee turned and locked eyes with Kris. “Maybe you’ve mistaken me for another person Mr. Wu; I’ve never met you before in my life. And I must say I was quite fortunate until today.”

           “Yunnie…” Kris muttered frowning.
           “That’s the main objective I wanted to discuss today. Now that I have done so I will take my leave. You all know where my office is. Please don’t drop in without an appointment. I’m a rather busy person. Annyeong.” YunHee said as she got up and made her leave. Once she was out of the room, the businessmen were facing the aftermath while her assistant was packing her items.
            “Yeobsayo? Neh, I just had the meeting. I’m returning to my office now,” YunHee answered into her Bluetooth as she awaited the elevator’s arrival. “Abeoji I told you I’m not hungry, you can go to lunch without me.”
           “You’ve been working all day and night! I haven’t seen you consume anything besides tea.” Mr. Zheng exclaimed over the line.
           “Arasso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter