SURPRISE GIFTS

What is love

-----------

 

You woke up at the sound of the wind outside. Your window is slightly opened, so the cold air is coming inside the room. *Who the hell opened the window?* you thought, and you remembered what happened last night.

 

You woke up at around 4:00 am. The room was silent, and there were still voices downstairs. You quickly shot up and you covered your mouth with your hand. You can’t go to the bathroom since it’s coming already. You ran towards the window, you opened it and you released the thing you drank. Kai woke up from your sound, so he stood up and stood beside you. He rubbed your back and gathered your hair.

“You okay?” he whispered.

“Y-yeah. But I still don’t- WOOO” you didn’t finished your sentence when you had your second round of vomit.

“Wait.” Kai said.

He walked out of the room, and he quickly went to grab some water for you to use to wash your mouth, and some tissue papers.

“Here” He gave you the water.

You gurgled, and you spat it on the window. You grabbed the tissue box, and you wiped your tears and your lips. You stood up, and you threw it on the garbage can.

“Are you okay?” he asked while rubbing your back.

“I think so.” You said. Your voice is very weak, and slow.

You walked towards your bed, and you put the tissue box on the table. Kai lied down beside you and he caressed your cheeks.

“Go sleep. It’s still early.” He whispered.

You nodded and you hugged him immediately. He smiled, and when he looked down, you’re already sleeping.

 

You covered yourself with the thick blankets, and you hid your whole body under the blanket. You closed your eyes and you fell asleep.

You woke up for the second time. You reached for your phone to check the time, and it’s already 11:30 am.

“It’s Christmas and I’m waking up this late.” You said to yourself.

You carefully shot up and your head felt like it’s going to break. You removed the blanket and you carefully went to your door. You yawned while holding your head. *It hurts.*.

The seven guys are sitting on the couch, playing with the pillows.

“Good morning.” Zelo greeted. You looked at them while frowning.

“What’s the matter?” Suho asked.

“Headache.” You whispered, but still audible for them. You sat beside Kai and you curled yourself into a ball.

“Let’s eat lunch, and you can drink some tea, Chunhae.” Suho said. You sighed and you nodded.

All of you headed to the kitchen, and they readied the table. They let you sat down, and wait for the food. When they already finished, they sat down and eat their foods.

“What time did Woohyun oppa went home?” you asked.

“Around 6 am.” D.O said.

“Really? Did you guys sleep?” you asked.

“Nah, me and Suho didn’t sleep.” D.O said.

“As in no sleep?” you asked.

“I mean, we slept after they left. And Sungyeol got a little drunk too.” Suho said. You looked up and giggled.

“How about you, did you slept well?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah, after I gave in.” you said.

“You mean you still vomit?” Chanyeol asked and you nodded.

The eight of you ate lunch together. D.O made some tea, when he finished eating, and he gave it to you. You drank it really well, because you have to. After you finished it, your headache became better, and you can move really well. After you finished eating, and drinking, you decided to shower up because they did the dishes. So you went upstairs, grabbed your towel and headed to the bathroom to have a refreshing hot shower.

 

After an hour, you finished showering so you went to your room to dry your hair. When you went to your dresser, there are many boxes and one teddy bear on top of the table. You held out a sticky note that was pasted on the corner.

 

Open our gifts~!

 

You smiled when you saw the note, but something caught your attention. You turned to your left, and you saw a big, brown teddy bear with a ribbon on its neck. You saw a yellow post on its forehead, so you came and read it.

 

Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas, Chunhae! It’s OUR gift to you. Hope you like it! 

-Woohyun Oppa

 

You smiled and hugged the teddy bear. You went back to your dresser, and you started to open the gifts. You held out the big box placed on the middle. You unwrapped the box, and you slowly opened it. Your eyes widened when you saw a branded bag inside. You looked at the top of the box and it came from Suho.

 

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Chunhae! Do you like it? :)

-Suho

 

You held out the bag, it’s a rectangular one, and has two big pockets in front. When you finished looking at the bag, you held out the medium sized navy blue box. It came from D.O. You slowly opened it, and your eyes widened again. It is a simple crystal silver bracelet, with blue gems on the middles. A smile appeared on your face, and you wear it without hesitation. You picked the square gray box. It came from Baekhyun. You opened it and your jaw dropped. It is a chain necklace, with a small heart as a pendant. You furrowed your eyebrows when you saw the middle of the heart has a small keyhole in it. You smiled when you get it. *Baekhyun must be wearing the necklace with key pendant.* you thought and you smiled. You took the medium rectangular box, and it came from Chanyeol. You opened it and it’s a branded sunglasses. You took the note inside and read it.

 

Hello! I hope you liked my gift~ I gave you this because you look beautiful with your specs, so I gave you a sunglasses. Woo~! ^^ Merry Christmas! :)

 

You chuckled a little. You pulled the sunglasses and tried it. *I’ll say it. It looks awesome in me.* you thought. The teddy bear caught your attention, so you took it. There’s a big knitted hat on its head, and it has a note inside.

 

Yo! You liked it, right? It came from Zelo! ^^ Merry Christmas Chunhae!

 

You giggled and put it in your head. You took the white teddy bear, with a heart in the middles that says: I LOVE YOU. You looked under it, and you saw a small note.

 

Merry Christmas Chunhae! ^^ I LOVE YOU :D

-Sehun

 

You smiled when you read the note. You cuddled it and there’s a small velvet box left on the table. You reached for it, and you looked for the one who gave it. *Kai.*. You opened it and your eyes widened. It is a ring, with a small heart and a diamond in the middle. You looked around at the ring, and the sun hit it.

“Woah.” You muttered.

You smiled and about to wear but someone stopped you.

“Let me.” Kai said.

You blinked up at him, and nodded. He sat beside you, and he took the ring. He took your left hand, and he put the ring on your ring finger. Luckily, it suits you very well. You examined your hands and smiled.

“Thank you, Kai.” You said and smiled. He smiled back and nodded.

“No problem.” He said. He was about to say something, but you interrupt him.

“You’re not proposing right?” you joked and you chuckled.

“Actually, I am.” He said bluntly. You stared at him in disbelief, and you swallowed.

“I know. You can say no, you can say yes. And I’m not going to force you to be my girlfriend. I’m going to wait for your answer, and I’m going to be patient.” He said and caressed your cheek. You softened at his words.

“Kai-“

“I’m sorry for doing this. But, I really love you, Chunhae. And I’m willing to wait for your answer.” He said and kissed your forehead. Before you could say anything else, he walked out of the room, and gave you some time to think.

“Kai.” You whispered, and a tear fell on your face.