BEST BIRTHDAY AND CHRISTMAS EVE

What is love

-------

 

You sat on the table and buried your face on your shoulders.

“What the hell, Chunhae! How can you forget your own birthday?!” you whispered to yourself.

You remained at your position for about ten minutes. And you felt a presence in front of you, you slowly looked up and you saw Sunggyu winking, and he turned his head while slightly laughing.

“Ya, what’s wrong?” he asked while sitting.

“I bet you know it already, oppa.” You said.

“I really don’t. What is it?” he innocently asked.

“It’s my birthday today.” You said and sighed.

“MWO?!” he yelled in whisper and you nodded. *This is great.* Sunggyu thought, as he kept his shocked face.

“You forget it, don’t you?” you asked and smiled.

“I-I did. Mianhe.” He said and sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. You let out a dry laugh and intertwined your fingers together.

“No need to be sorry oppa. I forgot it too.” You said. He smiled and ruffled your hair.

“Come on, let’s get out for a while.” He said. You looked at him.

“Huh? Let’s wait for my cake first.” You said. He sighed and nodded.

“Araso.” He said.

After some minutes, the time ticked and you pulled out the cake from the oven. You smelled it and smile came from your face from the aroma. You readied it, and you put it on the cake storage.

“Get ready.” Sunggyu said and you nodded.

You went upstairs and changed your clothes. You grabbed your jacket, beanie and your gloves. After that, you went downstairs and all of them are looking at you.

“Where are you going?” Hoya asked.

“I’ll take her for a walk. Any problem?” Sunggyu asked.

“Geez, hyung, you mad?” Woohyun asked.

“Whatever.” Sunggyu smirked.

You went to him, and he gently grabbed you outside. You walked outside and a smile appear on your face when you saw the snow. You stooped down and curled up a snow ball, and threw it on the tree near you.

“Let’s go.” Sunggyu beamed and you nodded.

 

Both of you were in the park. Many fans recognized him and he smiled at them and greet them. He entertained you a lot, making you forget that you forgot your birthday. He brightened you up as he told jokes and embarrassing moments to you. You somehow told them about you and you also told them about you fainted last time. He suddenly became serious and became worried, but you told him that you just became stressed or something. He glanced at the time, and it’s almost 6 pm.

“Let’s go home. It’s getting late.” He said and you nodded.

Both of you walked up a little when he suddenly snapped his fingers.

“I forgot something.” He said and he pulled something on his pocket.

“What is it oppa?” you asked. He pulled out a bandana.

“I need to put this on you.” He said and played at the bandana. You furrowed your eyebrows and you looked at him.

“For what?” you asked.

“You’ll know soon.” He said. Before you could protest, he put the bandana around your eyes and tied it gently.

“Does it fit so much?” he asked. You shook your head.

He held your hand, and his other hand supported your shoulder. *It’s harder than I thought.* he thought but he smiled afterwards. After some minutes, you became more curious and curious.

“Oppa, are we there already?” you asked.

“Almost.” He whispered.

You didn’t know that you’re already in front of your house. He slowly opened the gate, not trying to make any small sounds. He guide you inside slowly and carefully.

“Hold on to my shoulders.” He said.

You did what he said. You put your hands into his shoulders, and his hands supported your hands on his shoulders. You slowly walked behind him while you were chewing on your bottom lip. After a couple more walks, you didn’t know you arrived at your backyard. Sunggyu cleared his throat and he gesture to the boys to scatter around, and they did it.

“Chunhae?” he asked.

“Yes?” you asked.

“You can remove it now.” He said.

You slowly untied it, and you slowly opened your eyes, trying hard to adjust with the lights. You gently rubbed your eyes and it widened. *Oh my gosh.*. Your backyard was full of Christmas lights, surrounded on the small tress. They also built a snowman and it has a small banner that says: ‘Happy Birthday Chunhae’. The dark backyard, became happy and lightened up.

“Saengil chuka hamnida, saengil chukka hamnida, sarang ha neun Chunhae, saengil chukka hamnida~!!” all of them sang in unison.

You couldn’t hear them sing, but you can see their mouths opening and singing. All of them have their biggest smiles on their faces. *This is not a dream.* you thought. You formed your hands into a small fist and put it in front of your mouth, as you bit your lip. Your eyes became blurry, but you didn’t want to cry. But deep inside, you really want to cry, because you spent two years spending your birthday with yourself or with your friends. And suddenly, with you and them knowing, you bursted into tears. You clutched on Woohyun’s jacket and he smoothed your back trying to calm you down.

“Come on don’t cry. We spent some time with this.” Woohyun said and pouted. You looked up and chuckled at him.

“I know but you didn’t have to, oppa.” You whispered with your shaky voice. You hid your face behind his jacket, and you sob quietly.

*She must be really happy.* Baekhyun thought, and he smiled. You straightened yourself, and you rubbed your tears away. You sighed and tried to calm yourself, and so you did. You looked at them and smiled widely. *I love you guy.* you thought and you put two thumbs up at them.

“Come on, let’s go inside. We didn’t put the foods here.” Suho said and all of you nodded.

“It’s freaking cold here!” Sehun exaggeratedly said while blowing at his hands.

You giggled at them, and all of you went inside. But when you opened the door, you just realized that they’re not complete. Zelo, Chanyeol, D.O, Dongwoo, Hoya and Myungsoo are inside. And when you stepped in, they sprayed snow spray everywhere and YaDong sprayed them at the top of your head. Your eyes widened but you quickly laughed and saw them enjoying it. The other guys started to laugh and they joined them sprayed snow spray on you. Your whole body was covered with snow spray and you looked like a thin snowman.

“Ya! Stop it already!” You yelled while laughing.

They immediately stopped and they examined you. They looked at each other and they started laughing from your body.

“Yeah right.” You said and crossed your arms. But they still continued on laughing at the birthday girl.

“Alright stop it you immatures. I’m gonna shower now.” You said and walked towards the stairs.

They stopped laughing and they started to clean the mess they did on the floor. All of them helped each other, and they still laughed at you, even thou you’re not there.

You stomped towards your room and get your towel, trying to avoid it from your body.

“Stupid. Ruined my jacket, my jeans, my beanie, and my gloves!” you yelled in frustration.

You stormed towards the bathroom and you put the towel on the metal bar. You looked yourself at the mirror and you gasped.

“Is this me?” you asked yourself.

And you suddenly bursted into laughter seeing yourself.

“Never mind.” You mumbled and you went to shower.

 

After half an hour of hot shower, you wore your dino pajamas and you dried your hair and made it into a messy bun. You went downstairs and Sungyeol growled.

“Ya! That’s mine!” he yelled and crossed his arms stubbornly.

“You choding! You’re not the only one who has this!” you yelled back and stuck your tongue out.

You went to the kitchen to ready the table, but it’s already done. You looked at the cake storage, but it’s empty. You reddened in anger and you put your hands in your hips. You stormed towards the living room making them gasped.

“YA! WHERE THE HELL DID MY CAKE GO?!” you yelled, yelled as in making the snow removed in your roof. All of them looked away except for Sunggyu, who was with you all the time.

“Uhm...” Sungyeol said while tapping his index fingers. You growled and stomped your feet.

“Whatever. LET’S EAT! OR I’M NOT GONNA LET YOU OPEN THE PRESENTS. You fools.” You yelled and you stormed into the kitchen.

They quickly got up, and they hurriedly went to the kitchen and sat down. You busied yourself by eating your food. But you noticed that they all looking at you. You looked up, and they quickly looked away.

 

After some minutes, you and Sunggyu finished your food. The two of you finished first so you had a great idea. You stood up and get some knife, and cute the birthday cake they bought for you. You cute it and half and put the other half in Sunggyu’s plate. He and the others gulped and looked back at you. You were eating the other half calmly. You looked up at them and glared at them

“What?” you asked.

“Can we share?” Chanyeol asked with his puppy eyes.

“No.” you said and moved your plate away.

You looked at them and they all giving you their most pitiful face ever. You bit your lip to hide your laugh. You swallowed and looked away.

“Fine.” You said.

All of them cheered together with Sunggyu. He moved his plate in the middle and they started cutting it out. You just realized the cake was big when you glanced back at your cake in your plate. It looks like the whole cake you baked, but it’s only the half. You get another plate, and you cut a little piece from yours. You placed your plate on the middle and they started cutting it out. You started to eat your piece of cake, and Chanyeol was cheering you up. Which is not failed. You started laughing when he poked your sides and whispered jokes on you.

The dinner and Christmas eve was full of fun, never minding the time. You just enjoyed eating your cake and laughing with them.