COUNT ON ME

What is love

-------------

 

It was late midnight when you woke up again. You reached for your phone to see what time it is, and it’s already 1:25 am. *Aish. I woke up again? Goodness.* you thought and you frowned.

You switch your position to your right and you saw Chanyeol, in his deep sleep. You examined his cute face when he sleeps, and he mumbled many things. You smiled when you heard him mumble and you close your eyes.

But then again, no sign of sleepiness. You feel that you’re already awake and don’t want to sleep. You sighed and you straightened your body. You tried to yawn but nothing happened.

“Not again.” You whispered to yourself and you sat from your bed.

You looked at Chanyeol, but he’s in deep sleep. You slowly removed the blanket from your body and you slowly walked out of the bed. You tip toed and you reached the door knob. Slowly, you opened in and you stepped outside.

“What should I do now?” you asked yourself and you slowly closed the door.

You went downstairs and only the moonlight are lighting your living room. You walked towards the couch and you sat. You leaned your back carefully and closed your eyes. Suddenly, you felt a weight beside you. Your eyes opened and you saw Baekhyun sitting beside you. He smiled at you and you smiled back.

“Did I wake you up?” you asked.

“No, I actually can’t sleep so I came downstairs.” He said and he leaned his back.

“Oh. Okay.” You said and you looked at the window.

“Is there any problem?” he asked.

“Nothing. I just…woke up again.” You said and smiled.

“Ohh.” He said. You cleared your throat and you looked at him.

“Baekhyun.” You said.

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry.” You said and he frowned.

“F-for what?” he asked and looked at you in puzzlement.

“You know, for using you as my boyfriend.” You said and you bit your lip in shame.

 “Nah, it’s okay. As long as it’s for your own good.” He said and smiled, you smiled back.

“Thank you, Baekhyun.” You smiled.

“No problem…. Oh, did you talked to him already?” he asked while straitening himself.

“Yeah. Yesterday, when I told you I’m going to my friend’s house.” You said.

“Oh, I see.. You cried, right?” he asked and smiled.

“H-how did you know?” you asked.

“Your eyes are puffy yesterday.” He said while pinching your cheeks.

“Oh, really?” you asked and he smiled.

“So… Do you mind to tell me what did you told him?” he asked.

“Of course.” You smiled and you explained everything to him. Even the flashback you remembered, you told that to Baekhyun.

While you were explaining, your eyes got blurry for no reason. You breathe in and out to hold back your tears. But when you already finished explaining, a tear fell on your eye.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked while wiping your tears away.

“I-I don’t know. It’s really weird.” You said while he was caressing your shoulders.

“You know what that means?” he asked and you shook your head.

“It means that you still love him and you don’t want to lose him.” He smiled as he explained and you looked at him in the eyes.

“NO. That’s not t-true right? I don’t love him anymore and I don’t care about him anymore.” You said.

“I know. But you’re showing it.” he said. You looked away and you sighed.

“Alright, I’m gonna show you that I’m ready to lose him.” You said and gave him a proud smile.

“That’s right. You must forget him if you want to.” He said and he smiled. You smiled back as he continued to caress your shoulder.

*I’m just here, Chunhae. You can count on me anytime.* he thought and he smiled at himself.

Your head fell backwards and Baekhyun noticed it. He checked your face but you’re already asleep. He smiled and he put your head on his shoulder. *Good night Chunhae.* he smiled and he kissed your forehead. He put his head on your head, and his arms are wrapped around you. Both of you fell asleep on the couch, with the moonlight shining at both of you.